BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Hmm? So he needs to work for 18 months, not 1 month, to earn what you get in 12 months? You earn about 27k a week then? Tidy.

no the player earns more in a week them i earn in 18 months  27 k wouls take me about 31 months to earn,  37k a week if only lol

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Funny that the 2 games he had an impact and played vital role in winning us 4 points you werent there. We win on Saturday you werent there. The games you go to we lose recently. Maybe you just bad luck charm? ??

YES!

Yes we do know how we came accross Brereton? Mowbray has told the fans when we signed. Also Alan Nixon gave a detail account how we came about it. Do you miss that? Or just cant accept it? 

You do realize he is Alan nixon don't you? 

What worries me about Brereton is he seems to lack a lot of basics that are core for his role like control with back to goal, getting in the box and physical presence, while he seems to gravitate to things that aren't core like dropping deep and running at the defence with the ball.

I like to think I give players a fair shake, but it seems pretty evident to me he is going to struggle. You can see why he is played wide.

I want him to do well, but if I was a betting man I wouldn't put money on this working out. Haven't seen a major signing look so out of alignment with what we need for a long time. (Because I'm sad Ive just gone through 15 seasons of Transfer Market and the only one I could find similarly ill fitting was Barry Ferguson who was a very strange signing when you have Tugay. But even then he was a good player in his role.)

Still early days yada yada. Looking forward to being proved wrong. But it seems a monumental dropped bollock from where I'm sitting.

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Funny that the 2 games he had an impact and played vital role in winning us 4 points you werent there. We win on Saturday you werent there. The games you go to we lose recently. Maybe you just bad luck charm?    You better hope not as I'll be at Teeside on Saturday - I'll leave a pint on the bar for you if you are going!

YES!  Doubt even Mowbray thinks he has the ability as he wont start him in a league game!

Yes we do know how we came accross Brereton? Mowbray has told the fans when we signed. Also Alan Nixon gave a detail account how we came about it. Do you miss that? Or just cant accept it?  Wasn't there and not read Al's article - bit more to life than just Rovers Chaddy

Edited by Mercer

11 hours ago, Biz said:

So in a nutshell; you think:

1. Assumption that there is something nefarious or dodgy about the transfer and also assumption that the face value claim he was 7m, even though in 2018 that isn’t “extraordinary” and even though still there is little chance it was all upfront.

2. Your opinion of his abilities based on a handful of cameos and further assumption because we prefer to start a goal scoring number 10 upfront as opposed to others.

No worries. I personally prefer not to assume the worst all the time, and to give people and players more time to show their value and skills.

Each to their own.

Each to his own opinion.  What a wonderful country we live in when we can all express our opinions freely!

I will be amazed if Brereton doesn't turn out to be another Davies, Blake, Ward, or Grabbi etc where we squandered big transfer fees and wages.

48 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Each to his own opinion.  What a wonderful country we live in when we can all express our opinions freely!

I will be amazed if Brereton doesn't turn out to be another Davies, Blake, Ward, or Grabbi etc where we squandered big transfer fees and wages.

I’ll wager you one bottle of chateauneuf du pape that Brererton will be a fixture of our first team eleven come March 2019.

If he is bombed out on loan or to the reserves by this time next year, call it a Borelo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Unfortunately we have previous in signing promising young strikers who didn't fit the bill - Britt, Gilliver, O'Mara from way back to name just three.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Unfortunately we have previous in signing promising young strikers who didn't fit the bill - Britt, Gilliver, O'Mara from way back to name just three.

Aye, you are right!

Think Britt and Gilliver were crocks when we signed them (bad backs) - goodness knows what the medicals were then!?

As far Big John, I think he was a 6 foot 4 plank who struggled to get off the ground (certainly in a Rovers' shirt).  Terrorised defences with Brentford - not sure why that changed when he got here, perhaps he too was crocked.

36 minutes ago, Biz said:

I’ll wager you one bottle of chateauneuf du pape that Brererton will be a fixture of our first team eleven come March 2019.

If he is bombed out on loan or to the reserves by this time next year, call it a Borelo.

I hope you are right and he turns out to be a sensation.

My beef is we've committed to a huge deal (for Rovers) and Mowbray wont start him and when he does come on as a sub, it's out wide.

From what I've seen of Brereton, I think he's just a Joe Average.

If he's no better than what we have, those funds should have been used to strengthen other areas where we know we are weak.  If you don't look after today, there is no future!

Edited by Mercer

34 minutes ago, Biz said:

I'll have a blue nun on him banging in 20 goals before the end of the season. 

It looks like Brereton will be classified in a list of previous "big signing" strikers who did diddlysquat (without the excuse of injury) such as George Jones, Kevin Davies, Grabbi, Kalinic and Goodwillie. A couple of those did well elsewhere after leaving and the others disappeared without trace. 

Britt had a "wonky" knee when we signed him. In other words, he'd done his cruciate, but we still  went ahead and splashed out £25,000, which was alot of money in 1965.  West Ham laughed all the way to the bank. 

O'Mara took Rovers apart in a match at Brentford circa 1971 (yes, I was there). He looked a world beater that day and I couldn't believe  our luck when we signed him.  How wrong I was. 

5 minutes ago, Biz said:

If he gets ten goals this season, I think @Mercer should buy a case of the blue nun for the board.

Think you and CPBS have been drinking too much Blue Nun - a brand name synonymous with Lada!

If I have to pay up on a bet, you'll get some decent stuff!

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

You better hope not as I'll be at Teeside on Saturday - I'll leave a pint on the bar for you if you are going!

I will be there. haven't I said no to this stuff before. I am driving up so I wont be drinking driving

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Doubt even Mowbray thinks he has the ability as he wont start him in a league game!

or Prefer the experience Graham to him does Mowbray. and before now you mention this Dack/Palmer up front thing, as I have stated before I aint a fan or it. And if I was in charge I would have started Brereton before now

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Wasn't there and not read Al's article - bit more to life than just Rovers Chaddy

wasn't an article but on BBC Radio Lancashire 

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

and we had previous in signing older crap players like Murphy, Brown, Greer, etc but still doesn't stop us signing older player. Tho I am right in saying that the older player we have signed under Mowbray is Peter Whittingham and that didn't turn out well. If you look at our Summer signings we paid cash for 4 players and the older one was 23 years old in Rothwell, with Armsttrong at 21, Brereton at 19 and Davenport at 19 years old. Rodwell was our older signing at 27 but he was Free transfer

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I hope you are right and he turns out to be a sensation.

My beef is we've committed to a huge deal (for Rovers) and Mowbray wont start him and when he does come on as a sub, it's out wide.

From what I've seen of Brereton, I think he's just a Joe Average.

If he's no better than what we have, those funds should have been used to strengthen other areas where we know we are weak.  If you don't look after today, there is no future!

Mowbray played in up front in 2 games when he came on as subs and we got 4 points from it. But you weren't there, funny that? so your second line is wrong!

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Britt had a "wonky" knee when we signed him. In other words, he'd done his cruciate, but we still  went ahead and splashed out £25,000, which was alot of money in 1965.  West Ham laughed all the way to the bank. 

O'Mara took Rovers apart in a match at Brentford circa 1971 (yes, I was there). He looked a world beater that day and I couldn't believe  our luck when we signed him.  How wrong I was. 

Touche.  

Think it was one of our first matches of the season (maybe 1972 or 1973) and we got hammered 4 or 5.  Seem to remember an own goal from our 'great Dane' (Arentoft) opened the floodgates.  O'Mara netted at least one and I think Stewart Houston (who moved to United soon after), got another.

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Think you and CPBS have been drinking too much Blue Nun - a brand name synonymous with Lada!

If I have to pay up on a bet, you'll get some decent stuff!

I don’t drink blue nun but i didn’t want to break the bank! Any standard Shiraz will do. I have a feeling you will be paying out on this bet...! 

5 hours ago, Blackburn Bob said:

You do realize he is Alan nixon don't you? 

Nixon’s pride wouldn’t let him return to the board but if he did then his ego wouldn’t let him hide behind another name.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Britt was a world beater at West Ham as a young player. He more or less won the Youth Cup for them on his own scoring a hat trick in the final against Liverpool's Tommy Smith. We put the boat out to sign him as a last hope of staying up. Unfortunately he'd done his knee at West Ham and he achieved nothing at Ewood. Allegedly he could only jump for headers off one leg !  He retired at 21, that was a real shame.

Gilliver was a top young centre forward at Huddersfield but he'd done a disc in his lower back before we signed him . The osteopath/physio that looked after me years later told me Gilliver had come to see him in secret for a second opinion because he wasn't impressed with the medical advice he was getting at Rovers. I believe he later had a disc fusion to " cure " the problem. He always ran a bit stiff backed after that op.

Sadly we let John Byrom go to Bolton so we could pay for Gilliver. Byrom went on to score a hatful of goals for Bolton for about 6 seasons after ! Bobby Moore always hated playing against Byrom because he invariably scored against hm.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, alcd said:

It looks like Brereton will be classified in a list of previous "big signing" strikers who did diddlysquat (without the excuse of injury) such as George Jones, Kevin Davies, Grabbi, Kalinic and Goodwillie. A couple of those did well elsewhere after leaving and the others disappeared without trace. 

Can you give me next week’s lottery numbers mate?