BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Disagree.

With the club's infrastructure, we should be PL.

To me, I would expect a top 8 finish this year and promotion next year.

How many points does infrastructure get you? Or Leeds? Or Sunderland?

Over 20 clubs have been relegated from the Premier since we were. It’s odds on we would’ve been one of them even without the help of Venkys. Look at Burnley, Europe to relegation dog fight in weeks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mercer said:

Disagree.

With the club's infrastructure, we should be PL.

To me, I would expect a top 8 finish this year and promotion next year.

I can picture Mercer's reign as chairman/CEO now...

Season 1: 'Expects' top 8 finish. Expects us to win every week. Fires the manager before Christmas when we sit in 10th, deciding he doesn't have what it takes. Hires someone else, continuing to expect them to win every week. After an initial honeymoon period where the new man does well as all new managers do, Mercer treats everybody to a pint or a bottle of vino, whichever they prefer. Chaddy is invited to the club's Christmas shindig but refuses. Players get drunk too often - Dack gets especially drunk on a few occasions, leading to some unsavoury masturbatory incidents in dark corners (causing groin injuries) and far-too-nimble photo opportunities in back gardens. He breaks his knee during one of these. We slip to 15th by the end of the season. Manager is fired. Mercer has used the club's finances to bet on us to win every match, leaving a huge financial black hole.

Season 2: Mercer finds our saviour and guarantor of Premiership football. Thank the good Lord, COYLE-Y is back in town! Promotion is the aim (and 'Coyle-y' has a proven track record of promotion - his one promotion trumps Mowbray's two, because Mercerman), and the team are expected to win every week. No youth players are to be signed if they can't go straight into the team, so no youth players are signed. Coyle-y plumps for a few ex-footballers from the local old folks home on wages of £20,000 per week. A few hundred Rovers fans die throughout the season from a combination of suicides and being irritated to death by Coyle-y's post-defeat pressers. With our free-flowing attacking football, we are relegated by far more than goal difference, far earlier than the last game of the season. Betting on us winning every week has completely crippled the club, who now sit in £300 million of debt. Mercer is given a pay-rise by Venkys. Coyle-y is given a pay-rise by Mercer.

Edited by bluebruce
Trying to find a way around the 'Coyle-y' filter...for the lolz

24 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Manchester City also did it in 98-99 out of the third tier, & 99-00 when they won promotion at Ewood.

Don’t remind me, still haunted by loads of idiots in the Riverside, and some fat Manc in a Rosie and Jim mask taunting us from behind the nets.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Manchester City also did it in 98-99 out of the third tier, & 99-00 when they won promotion at Ewood.

Ipswich under Alf Ramsey got promoted to the old First Division one season and then  won the First Division title the next.  As soon as Alf left they were relegated !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Why does Brereton not play in U23?

Lack of upper body strength. He's been earmarked for a run in the under 15's at some point although Mogga has his eye on a big fat 14 year old lad from Chorley FC who may be above him in the pecking order. Waggott is currently negotiating for t'Chorley lad but won't go above £12m.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

for what reasons? 

The lads an investment and preventing him full 90 minutes game time could be damaging his development. Not been to many u23s this season but would love to see what he can offer from the start of game albeit at a lower level. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

for what reasons? 

Players need games for a variety of reasons and Brereton has has very little game time this season. His sharpness, match fitness and probably confidence will inevitably suffer as a result. I don't see any harm at all in giving him a few midweek outings along with several others who just aren't getting enough minutes on the pitch.

• Like 2

Brereton needs game time and quick but playing him in the U23s will be almost impossible, politically, unless he was recovering from injury (e.g. Davenport). It would be a huge embarrassment to all concerned plus, could you imagine Nuttall’s face if you told him he was on the bench for the U23s so Brereton could get some form?

Nuttall is going to have to go out on loan to L1 to get the experience he need. Brereton needs something to happen, either a great and plausible excuse to play him in the reserves (albeit they now play against stronger opposition - these are PL team reserves after all) or (God forbid) for Graham to have a spell out.

Although I’m nowhere near a fan (yet) Brereton has been unlucky in that Graham is having an Indian Summer in his career, is enjoying his football and bang in form. Importantly, Graham’s style is also integral to how the team performs, and at present the Danny-shaped hole is not looking like being filled by the Ben-shaped piece and some serious work is required to do so. A bit like what Allardyce did to Davies at Bolton all those years ago. Purely and simply we have no option up top to hold the ball up when Graham goes off. £7m doesn’t buy much these days it seems.

Nuttall is another going to waste he can poach goals but needs to up his effort so he needs telling i'll give you a chance but bust a gut or he needs loaning out for some rough and tumble week in week out.

7 million pound gets on every game sub blocks his chance here now though, I know he'll never be a world beater but he does offer a goal threat whereas so far Brereton offers zilch and that is making the team weaker than maybe it could be. It's wrong.

Edited by tomphil