BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Image result for Comical Ali

Irony is, you won’t even accept that their might be a dodgy aspect to the transfer - because you literally won’t accept a view that takes partial responsibility from TM.

Biased much? Almost a parody of Stuart these days.

Yeah. You said £7m was 'chicken feed' and then cited Best as a reason why...even though he will cost less than BB. You aren't well. 

If you think Best cost less than that, your out of your own adled mind. I’d stop with the illness insults though, that’ll get us both banned.

Just now, Biz said:

Irony is, you won’t even accept that their might be a dodgy aspect to the transfer - because you literally won’t accept a view that takes partial responsibility from TM.

Haha, the man who constantly accuses others of being conspiracy theorists is now hiding behind a conspiracy theory. You couldn't make it up.

See the source image

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

I do feel sorry for Brereton.  It is very hard to make any kind of positive impact constantly just coming on as a substitute.  

I think @meadows has it spot on with his information that this signing is not one that Mowbray has found, more something that has been suggested to the owners.  Given that information that Jim has come across it now all makes sense.  Brereton doesn't get game time because Mowbray prefers to play with a big strong centre forward who can hold up the ball and bring others like Dack into the game, from the limited bits that I have sign of Brereton he is not that type of player, he looks to be a type of player who likes to get in between the lines and get in behind the defenders, totally unsuited to the way we play.

If there is any get out clause (and I very much doubt that there is) then it should be exercised.  If there is not then the best thing that we can do is to send him out on loan in January to a team that suits the way he plays (preferably in the Championship) so that he can gain some form and hopefully get some belief that he can play at this level.

If the Brereton signing is a Venky's vanity project then it is a massive shame that they didn't just give that £7 million to Tony who would have spent in a much wiser way.

Astonishing.

Once again, Matty’s “what a mess” sums up this situation perfectly.

Imagine paying £7m for a player and then having to send him out on loan because we don’t play in a way that suits him. If it’s true that he isn’t Mowbray’s player then it’s another joke decision by clowns still interfering. However, how can any manager work under such circumstances? That said, the only manager who did have the integrity to tell them to stick it is still hated by Rovers fans. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biz said:

No need to bring me into your squabbles.

But it’s interesting you can buy a conspiracy theory if it backs up your own opinion of Mowbray. Yet if it doesn’t suit, you are collecting in the tin foil hats.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Haha, the man who constantly accuses others of being conspiracy theorists is now hiding behind a conspiracy theory. You couldn't make it up.

See the source image

Just now, Stuart said:

No need to bring me into your squabbles.

But it’s interesting you can buy a conspiracy theory if it backs up your own opinion of Mowbray. Yet if it doesn’t suit, you are collecting in the tin foil hats.

There’s a huge difference between a rumour that we’re owned by Glasgow mafia, and the suggestion that Tony isn’t solely responsible for all transfers...! I’m sure you buddy’s both get that.

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's beyond parody these days, unfortunately. 

I tend to just think of opinions I don’t agree with as “wrong” but you can continue to weaken your own arguments by having personal swipes, Boris...

Theres a good chap.

He's beyond parody these days, unfortunately. 

It’s a shame because I think he’s actually a decent guy who I could very easily get along with. Just likes to throw stones for a larf. Anyway, it beats being at work!

???and later on?

21 minutes ago, Biz said:

Id say keep up, but I’m starting to think it’s beyond you.

14 minutes ago, Biz said:

11 minutes ago, Biz said:

your out of your own adled mind. I’d stop with the illness insults though,

Sensational lack of self-awareness. 

2 minutes ago, Biz said:

There’s a huge difference between a rumour that we’re owned by Glasgow mafia, and the suggestion that Tony isn’t solely responsible for all transfers...! I’m sure you buddy’s both get that.

There’s no difference at all. Both are rumours and we have no way of knowing what happened with the sale of the club. I saw more detail than the majority about what was presented to the football authorities in terms of the money trail and even I didn’t see all of it.

The difference is how cynical people are as to what they are prepared to believe or not.

How old were you when Venkys rocked up if you don’t mind me asking?

Sensational lack of self-awareness. 

There is a big difference between a spiky reply with content related to discussion - and just simply saying “you’re a parody” 

Nicely cherry picked though.

Just now, Stuart said:

There’s no difference at all. Both are rumours and we have no way of knowing what happened with the sale of the club. I saw more detail than the majority about what was presented to the football authorities in terms of the money trail and even I didn’t see all of it.

The difference is how cynical people are as to what they are prepared to believe or not.

How old were you when Venkys rocked up if you don’t mind me asking?

Every rumour or conspiracy deserves its own merit. The mafia and western union stuff to me was far fetched, the agent running the club whilst being paid for “advice” was obviously far more realistic.

The idea that someone (not related to venkys as Kamy suggests) in the club like Waggott has suggested a deal on a scout/agent suggestion is nowhere near that level of conspiracy. It makes sense.

Im not going into specifics but I’m mid 30s mate. Old and ugly enough to not get bothered by the suggestion I only post here for a reaction (throwing stones..!)

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Have many times have you called me Boris so far today?

Don't be sensitive if you're going to dish it out. 

Merry Christmas

As insults go, You aren’t well > Boris. I’m not complaining or reporting (or bothered) either but after the recent “cull” I’d suggest we should reign it in.

6 minutes ago, Biz said:

As insults go, You aren’t well > Boris. I’m not complaining or reporting (or bothered) either but after the recent “cull” I’d suggest we should reign it in.

I quoted you questioning my adled (sic) mind. Like I said, don't be sensitive and start talking about people being banned if you're going to throw insults around yourself. 

You lack self-awareness. 

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I quoted you questioning my adled (sic) mind. Like I said, don't be sensitive and start talking about people being banned if you're going to throw insults around yourself. 

You lack self-awareness. 

If you had any, you’d probably not use that as a put down.

30 minutes ago, Biz said:

Every rumour or conspiracy deserves its own merit. The mafia and western union stuff to me was far fetched, the agent running the club whilst being paid for “advice” was obviously far more realistic.

The idea that someone (not related to venkys as Kamy suggests) in the club like Waggott has suggested a deal on a scout/agent suggestion is nowhere near that level of conspiracy. It makes sense.

You need to accept though that everyone applies their own experience and perspective to situations.

Without being drawn either way, mafia organisations do exist and do control certain things whether we like it or not. That’s not disputed.

Football clubs have been bought by all kinds of unscrupulous individuals in the past - just ask a Pompey fan - or a Rangers fan. That’s not disputed either.

Mafia links to football clubs is or was rife in Italy and South America for example.

It’s not that big a leap that it could happen in the UK at one club or another. And if it was going to happen you would need naive people with money and a number of shell companies and agents.

Again, I’m not saying it is true or false but to say it is far fetched is only your own perspective.

For me, it’s a stretch to think that a bloke who prides himself on a self-styled image of integrity and self-respect - enough to walk away from Coventry - would put up with players being bought that he didn’t want - even if the money was there. Because that would be disingenuous. If he wasn’t fully responsible for decisions on incoming and outgoing players then surely he wouldn’t just shrug and carry on. Would he? Yet a respectable/respected poster obviously believes this to be the case because TM is still here.

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

For me, it’s a stretch to think that a bloke who prides himself on a self-styled image of integrity and self-respect - enough to walk away from Coventry - would put up with players being bought that he didn’t want - even if the money was there. Because that would be disingenuous. If he wasn’t fully responsible for decisions on incoming and outgoing players then surely he wouldn’t just shrug and carry on. Would he? Yet a respectable/respected poster obviously believes this to be the case because TM is still here.

I think I’m these DoF days it’s not as black and white as it used to be. Plus it’s a matter of degree; I can see us having two parallel transfer policies and budgets, the main one with the manager fully in charge, supplemented by an occasional “investment” one. I have no doubt, for example, that Mowbray decided to sign Armstrong whereas I’d bet that Reed was more an agent finding his client a club with Tony saying yeah, I like him, while Brereton was most likely done between agent/Waggot accessing Balaji’s back of sofa play money.

Either way, Mowbray needs to piss or get off the pot. These weekly 15-20 min cameos aren’t doing Brereton, the team or Mowbray any good.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

I get the feeling that Mowbray was told ' We're going to buy this lad because we've been told it's a good investment '. He probably thought ' What have I got to lose , If the kid comes good we're on a winner, if he doesn't I can marginalise him.'

Just my view. Going back to prior the signing I didn't see anything on that video that suggested he was the answer to our ' Graham replacement ' problem. They were like chalk and cheese in playing styles. I saw a tall gangling player who liked to run with the ball a lot from out to in  but didn't really produce enough end product or goals  . And that was his 'Highlights  'video ! If that's what we wanted Gallagher can do that and score a few goals in the bargain. Nothing would have induced me to shell out serious money on him. I find the whole deal inexplicable.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces