BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

I think the lad should be given the full season to settle in and make an impact. He has ability because he wouldn't have made it as far as he has without any.

Like someone said. Dack had a poor season for Gillingham in league 1 before we signed him. 

My only issue is with the minutes he plays and the positions he's put into I'd be more than happy with 25m-30m cameos from the bench each week in his forward position.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

I think Gav is also Chaddy.

I'm Biz.

I’m an 80s child - that means something very different!

Like others I’m surprised at Chaddy’s ban. Didn’t see anything more annoying that usual. Unless the mods tidied it all up.

I think people are forgetting ben brereton was bought in as one for the future. An investment for the club, a player with bags of potential who could be a star in 2-3 years. This season I only see him as a squad player, when Danny Graham leaves in 18 months he may be ready to take over. He is still learning his trade, forget the 7 million, venkys only paid that as like any owners they were convinced they will get that money back one day (which you do when u pay premium for young players with potential). It is upto TM and coaching staff to develop him over the next 2 seasons. In contrast I don't think venkys would have sanctioned a 7 million fee for a proven 30 year goal scorer like lewis grabban. Could the money have been better spent? Maybe, time will tell. Personally I can see Ben doing well from next season after settling in and getting more game time.

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

For his and certainly the club’s sake I hope you’re right.

But people can only comment on what they see, nobody expects a finished article, but it is the lack of any kind of spark, any glimpse of potential that is worrying.

1 minute 35 seconds if you want to skip the abject defending...

Nice movement, outside of boot strike, cool finish.

No more offside than Pukki on Saturday ;) 

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

For his and certainly the club’s sake I hope you’re right.

But people can only comment on what they see, nobody expects a finished article, but it is the lack of any kind of spark, any glimpse of potential that is worrying.

The minimum requirement for even a junior is a good first touch for instant control, which you either have or don't, it's difficult to learn.

Physique can be worked on over time.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

The guy obviously has something, some Forest fans were upset he went, England youth caps etc.

However, young players sometimes just don’t develop, or a la Davies at Rovers, players with a price tag never live up to it at that club.

As I said, let’s hope that isn’t the case here, but it’s not been an auspicious start.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The guy obviously has something, some Forest fans were upset he went, England youth caps etc.

However, young players sometimes just don’t develop, or a la Davies at Rovers, players with a price tag never live up to it at that club.

As I said, let’s hope that isn’t the case here, but it’s not been an auspicious start.

Don’t forget Jason Lowe captained England at youth level.

Lol. We can’t grow our own and when we spend £7m they aren’t ready to play.

BRFC 2020/21 Championship Winners Runners Up

(Although even that might be too soon for Brereton as he’ll still only be 21. Maybe the season after?)

Hopefully now that our recruitment team are operating on full fuel they’ll start buying players that are actually able to play football this season.

On 25/12/2018 at 16:12, Stuart said:

Lol. We can’t grow our own and when we spend £7m they aren’t ready to play.

BRFC 2020/21 Championship Winners Runners Up

(Although even that might be too soon for Brereton as he’ll still only be 21. Maybe the season after?)

Hopefully now that our recruitment team are operating on full fuel they’ll start buying players that are actually able to play football this season.

Perhaps there's a Theresa May style bury your head in the sand  long term plan?

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Definitely a legitimate goal for Ben there- every time I see it 

Quite worried about you.

Historically, quite scathing and brutally honest.

However, trying to defend Brereton (whose signing, IMV, is almost as mystifying as anything under the V's reign) as you have done on occasions and stating that Leeds were 'very, very lucky' today suggests that your personality has had a complete 'makeover' !!!

Edited by Mercer

Even if it is structured at a couple of million per season plus wages that money could and should have been used to strengthen the first 11 seeing as the object is to stay up. What happens in three years or so with this player counts for nothing until it actually happens and it's looking a 70/30 gamble against so far.

Buying now to speculate on profit alone is moving away from the football first model we only recently adopted last season for the first time under Venkys and they should know by now it's all about the here and now in football in terms of results. If there's no today there won't be a tomorrow and in this case somewhere along the line you sense it'll be another pay off if we go down or maybe even if not.

Who's laughing then ?

Won't be the fans.....again.

• Like 2

If there is no get out of this deal in January then whoever negotiated it should be sacked. Committing £7 Million on someone who by the time the deal is completed isn't even good enough to get onto the bench with no get out clause available, it's negligent. That there appears to be no get out clause inserted I find staggering Forest must be laughing all the way to the bank. Surely you'd put something in just in case you realise he's not god enough and don't want to commit such a sum for him.

Edited by Ewood Ace