BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I can’t see him scoring any time soon. Right now I wouldn’t be handing him the ball for a penalty.

Needs some serious work. I honestly can’t see what his attributes are. No pace, no physical presence, no threat in the air, no great skill, can’t hold the ball up - and in his 15-20 minute cameos he always looks knackered after 5 minutes. Nuttall looks far more like a centre forward than Brereton.

As someone mentioned before the English Maceo Rigters ?

I really hope not it's a bit like someone coming in years ago and paying 7 million for the young Jermal Johnson after he had a few decent cameos. I don't care a jot what his rep briefly became at Forest it's a crazy punt by Rovers driven by the prospect of making money on him.

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, aletheia said:

I do apologise for this probably naïve question but I haven't read the thread.

Genuine question. Have we paid any money for Brereton thus far?

One assumes we're currently paying his wages, but as far as the transfer fee it's somewhat shrouded in mystery. All we know is that in theory we've agreed to pay at least £7m, although nobody knows how that is made up in terms of bonuses, add ons, etc. 

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Thanks. So we haven’t paid anything yet (wages excepted.)?

It would have been impossible for us to pay any transfer fee before today as the transfer window closed before we made the deal. One assumes money will be transferred over imminently with the window now reopening. 

He won't have been here for nothing as if Forest would agree to that !!!

There'll have been a loan fee that maybe converts into an instalment or a hefty deposit or something up front like most transfers.

Edited by tomphil

I remember a fair number of Forest fans being fairly gutted by him leaving (some weren’t particularly arsed mind). So they must have seen something from him far and away over what we’ve witnessed thus far.

Edited by Mattyblue

53 minutes ago, DE. said:

One assumes we're currently paying his wages, but as far as the transfer fee it's somewhat shrouded in mystery. All we know is that in theory we've agreed to pay at least £7m, although nobody knows how that is made up in terms of bonuses, add ons, etc. 

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I remember a fair number of Forest fans been fairly gutted by him leaving (some weren’t particularly arsed mind). So they must have seen something from him far and away over what we’ve witnessed thus far.

If he's getting paid by the goal we won't be doing too bad at the moment.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I remember a fair number of Forest fans being fairly gutted by him leaving (some weren’t particularly arsed mind). So they must have seen something from him far and away over what we’ve witnessed thus far.

Presumably ‘potential’.

Although their disappointment will probably have been tempered by the £7m fee, with BB having achieved nothing. Imagine if we were offered £7m for Nuttall. Even fans like me who like him would bite their hand off.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DE. said:

The other day the LT said the fee was around 6 million. I'm certain they've said 7 before, so they're not reporting it consistently ( withhold your shock please gentlemen).

Edited by bluebruce

6 hours ago, Husky said:

Old Benny Boy is moving into Chrissy Brown territory now.

What's is it now? 17 appearances and no goals . . .

Including yesterday, he’s played about 300 minutes. The equivalent of just over three matches. He has two assists.

I’m expecting him to start against Newcastle but does need a run of starts to be able to judge fairly.

That said I thought he was poor again yesterday. There is just nothing about him that makes him stand out.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Including yesterday, he’s played about 300 minutes. The equivalent of just over three matches. He has two assists.

I’m expecting him to start against Newcastle but does need a run of starts to be able to judge fairly.

That said I thought he was poor again yesterday. There is just nothing about him that makes him stand out.

I didn't realise he had played so little 

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't realise he had played so little 

Plus all but 60 of those 300 mins have come in the last 15 mins, meaning they were all his first 15 mins on the field. A fairer comparison would perhaps be against how many goals other players scored in their collective first 15 mins.

Not that he has impressed much in any regard so far.

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Plus all but 60 of those 300 mins have come in the last 15 mins, meaning they were all his first 15 mins on the field. A fairer comparison would perhaps be against how many goals other players scored in their collective first 15 mins.

Not that he has impressed much in any regard so far.

He's coming on fresh against guys who've already played 70 minutes. Not that you can tell that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Surprised at how quickly he gives up...That for me is unforgivable... 

There was a moment just after he had been (stupidly) booked where he needed to close down one of their defenders. He took an age to get there and when he did he was absolutely terrified to put a tackle in in case he got a second yellow and just kind of followed the player into our half. He got a bollocking straight after from someone, Evans I think, and he half-heartedly waved an imaginary card, as if to say ‘I might have got another card’.

Imagine having so little faith in your own ability as a footballer that you daren’t put in a tackle in case you mistime it! Whatever Mowbray says publically that is a lad devoid of confidence.

• Like 2

• Backroom

With the transfer window now officially open I assume that we've paid some kind of fee and Brereton is now our player rather than Forest's. Odd that there hasn't been any confirmation from the club yet though. With his lacklustre introduction to the team I wonder if they're just going to let it slip under the radar and not announce anything? 

58 minutes ago, DE. said:

With the transfer window now officially open I assume that we've paid some kind of fee and Brereton is now our player rather than Forest's. Odd that there hasn't been any confirmation from the club yet though. With his lacklustre introduction to the team I wonder if they're just going to let it slip under the radar and not announce anything? 

I reckon the money would have been paid at the time we signed him. The whole loan until January thing just seemed to be a formality to get around the new transfer rules.