BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

12 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Pulled our own pants down!

Coincidentally, one of the guys that tweeted that works at the same company as me (different branch) didn't realise till I saw all the comments he was a football fan, never mind Forest. Hope I can rib him soon ?

Just now, FGS5635 said:

We always seem to need a scapegoat every season. Seems Ben is this seasons lucky winner

He didn't pick his price tag, but those who decided to spend the money do need to explain things. Especially if that means we have little left for improving other much needed areas.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

We always seem to need a scapegoat every season. Seems Ben is this seasons lucky winner

This old chestnut again. Can you name us the last 2 seasons scapegoats then please?

Ben gets questioned because he doesn't do very much in a Rovers shirt. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

This old chestnut again. Can you name us the last 2 seasons scapegoats then please?

Ben gets questioned because he doesn't do very much in a Rovers shirt. 

And because those who spent the big money on him appear very reluctant to actually use him in a position or system he seems best suited for.

He came on today at a time where Newcastle were starting to press, a few minutes later they had a penalty and Dack was substituted and he was literally on his own with no support up top trying to win (not very well) aerial battles which he was never going to win. I’ve been critical of his cameos but today isn’t a day too be to harsh on him. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Butty said:

He came on today at a time where Newcastle were starting to press, a few minutes later they had a penalty and Dack was substituted and he was literally on his own with no support up top trying to win (not very well) aerial battles which he was never going to win. I’ve been critical of his cameos but today isn’t a day too be to harsh on him. 

Why. With ten minutes to go and unable to win a header the least he could attempt to do is Harrass  and close defenders  down and be in the right position when we are in possession. All he needed to do was close defenders down and show some energy and no one says anything negative about him

Send him to Fleetwood instead of Travis, by the looks of the lad he needs 6 months in League 1 learning the ropes instead of being mollycoddled here it usually takes a player a season or two to find their comfort zone at a club but he appears to have slotted straight in.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think I pointed out after watching his " Greatest Hits " video that he didn't head the ball at all in any of the clips. For a tall striker that strikes me as pretty odd.

In my experience of football, you can teach a player how to head the ball but you can’t teach somebody the willingness to do so. If that makes sense.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know just what you mean, I wasn't the greatest header of the ball because I just didn't like heading.

After being literally knocked out from a very wet, old and heavy "casey" as a 12 year old i was never busting my ass to win headers afterwards ?

• Like 2