BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Plenty of managers don't sign the players. Preferably they should I think. I would imagine Mowbray has final say here though.  The signing does look odd at this point. Hopefully that changes. 

I think some fans on social media are being nasty pricks though with some of the comments they are making on Breretons Instagram and also on official club tweets about him. Can't be good for a young lads confidence to read them. At the end of the day, he didn't choose his transfer fee. 

He can choose to lock his social media accounts to privacy though.

Edited by tomphil

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's not how Instagram works. Anyway, why should he?? 

Because you think he might be getting upset at nasty comments even though he's probably sat there laughing at them whilst lounging in his 600k house and wondering how else to spend his 10/20 grand per week.

End of the day you take the rough with the smooth on social media or you give it a miss it's all part and parcel of being in the public eye. No need for trolls but they exist and everyone knows it.

• Like 4

I think match going Rovers fans have been excellent with him considering he hasn’t had an auspicious start (to say the least), so all credit. 

20 years ago that would be that, apart from the Lancashire Telegraph letters page! He wouldn’t hear folk saying he’s shite down the pub,

Now with social media being what it is he can’t escape it.

Everybody gets it, even well established players having a bad spell. It’s a cesspit full of a sub section of very sad people.

He’ll need a thick skin.

• Like 1

If he's getting vile abuse on the club twitter it's up to them to police it and delete or block.  If it's is just fans a bit upset at his perceived lack of effort or questioning the signing then fair enough he'll have to man up and take it, a wise trainer would say use that as motivation.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Way I heard it is Forest are guaranteed 7 million over the course of his contract plus add ons if he really becomes something good. Basically if he stays and plays we pay seven million, maybe the only way out of that figure would be if he doesn't make a certain number of appearances which would have to see him get loaned/frozen out. Sell him and we might still be liable for the full amount.

I don't think we are quite at the loaning out or writing off stage yet but it might take a completely different approach to get a tune out of him in the long run.

Anything else to pay is probably just icing and cherries on top if he becomes a top player.

That is in line with the link someone provided from both Blackburn / Nottingham ends confirming £7million plus add ons.  The link has been posted at least twice but I am not got to wade back through countless posts to find it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Plenty of managers don't sign the players. Preferably they should I think. I would imagine Mowbray has final say here though.  The signing does look odd at this point. Hopefully that changes. 

I think some fans on social media are being nasty pricks though with some of the comments they are making on Breretons Instagram and also on official club tweets about him. Can't be good for a young lads confidence to read them. At the end of the day, he didn't choose his transfer fee. 

No he didn't but no doubt he gladly accepted everything that came as part of the deal including signing-on fee, big wages etc.  If you can't stand the heat then you shouldn't be in the kitchen.........................

Most the comments I see about Brereton are more gallows humour than anything. We can all see that we've over paid on someone who looks awful all you can do is have a sense of humour about it because if you sat and thought about how that money could have been spent you would only depress yourself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

That is in line with the link someone provided from both Blackburn / Nottingham ends confirming £7million plus add ons.  The link has been posted at least twice but I am not got to wade back through countless posts to find it.

It was a Nottingham lad telling me that although he did say he was surprised Brereton hasn't shown anything yet but like everyone else concedes he's a raw kid who could've flattered to deceive like so many do in his appearances down there.

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Most the comments I see about Brereton are more gallows humour than anything. We can all see that we've over paid on someone who looks awful all you can do is have a sense of humour about it because if you sat and thought about how that money could have been spent you would only depress yourself.

What worries me more about this signing is it's potential repercussions on future signings.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Sorry, I just haven't enjoyed watching him so far!

I know it's a different class, but even when putting together a 6-a-side Sunday league team. You always seem to know how good someone is going to be form their first touch. The players I thought looked good after just a few touches, always turned out to be. The weak ones, always turned out to be just that too!

Who remembers Shearer's? Sutton's? even Stead... So many players had more memorable starts. But I don't remember them being this long..

I could be wrong though. I just don't think I am.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Because you think he might be getting upset at nasty comments even though he's probably sat there laughing at them whilst lounging in his 600k house and wondering how else to spend his 10/20 grand per week.

End of the day you take the rough with the smooth on social media or you give it a miss it's all part and parcel of being in the public eye. No need for trolls but they exist and everyone knows it.

I don't think having a 600k house or being on x amount per week stops people having feelings. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No he didn't but no doubt he gladly accepted everything that came as part of the deal including signing-on fee, big wages etc.  If you can't stand the heat then you shouldn't be in the kitchen.........................

He isn't a chef. Abuse from fans shouldn't "come with the territory". Constructive discussion is fine. Some of the stuff I have read on social media about him is vile. 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He isn't a chef. Abuse from fans shouldn't "come with the territory". Constructive discussion is fine. Some of the stuff I have read on social media about him is vile. 

I can imagine a lot of it ‘is you’re shit’ and varieties there of. That unfortunately does ‘come with the territory’, it’s a shame but that’s the online world, the Pandora’s box is well and truly open and the only option you have is to come off it.

However, what kind of vile stuff has there been? Genuine question as I try to avoid reading comments.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I can imagine a lot of it ‘is you’re shit’ and varieties there of. That unfortunately does ‘come with the territory’, it’s a shame but that’s the online world, the Pandora’s box is well and truly open and the only option you have is to come off it.

However, what kind of vile stuff has there been? Genuine question as I try to avoid reading comments.

Stuff about his appearance, his missus and some said he would be better off dead. 

To be honest I shouldn't even repeat them.

Not directing this at you, but people who are not on or have never used social media should not be just fobbing this off saying "he should get over it" 

Obviously many are made up accounts, but I have seen some fans , with their picture up , comment on many Rovers related stuff with shocking comments. They don't care who sees them. 

Should people behave like that? No. 

Are they total cretins? Yes.

Would any of those people talk to him like that in a pub? No.

Will it ever stop on social media? No.

Almost every celebrity, public figure, politician or sportsperson get abused on social media; doesn’t matter if they are a genius, a scumbag or just a middling type.

Just look at what Messi and Ronaldo receive.

If you have a Twitter or instagram account as a famous person you will get trolled, it’s sport for that bizarre subset of people that inflict it.

Your only option is to come off it, go private or put up with it (death threats aside, obviously). 

For those in their 20s and under, social media of some description has always been there, from MSN messenger onwards and this kind of thing just seems normal and it can’t be good for society.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's quite a famous rejoinder which clearly you haven't heard of!

If you are a footballer earning big money then expect both 'bouquets and brickbats' - it's all part and parcel.

I abhor the vile stuff.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It doesn't! 

Are you on Facebook or Instagram? Imagine posting a picture of you and your missus as Brereton did the other night and for 100s of scrotes to insult your appearance, your ability and your missus. Easier said than done to ignore that! 

The guy is forging a career playing in front of ten/twenty thousand live football crowds every week i'm sure he'll hear far worse in the flesh. Like I said if he's offended which I doubt he has plenty options.

A young David Beckham on the pitch at Ewood with his famous young wife sat in the JW stand listening to thousands sing 'Does she take it ,, .. .... !'. No hiding from that but it didn't do him or her any harm.

Edited by tomphil

• Backroom

Whatever you say about BB's football prowess, he's absolutely  smashing the number of thread pages to minutes on pitch ratio.

Has any Rovers player spent so little time on the field and been talked about so much.

Maybe Vince Grella should hand his crown over like they do on I'm a Celeb. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Remember Beamo.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The guy is forging a career playing in front of ten/twenty thousand live football crowds every week i'm sure he'll hear far worse in the flesh. Like I said if he's offended which I doubt he has plenty options.

A young David Beckham on the pitch at Ewood with his famous young wife sat in the JW stand listening to thousands sing 'Does she take it ,, .. .... !'. No hiding from that but it didn't do him or her any harm.

How do you know it didn't ?

Maybe it had an enormous impact on his sex life 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

It's quite a famous rejoinder which clearly you haven't heard of!

If you are a footballer earning big money then expect both 'bouquets and brickbats' - it's all part and parcel.

I abhor the vile stuff.

I was joking. I know the saying 

Ah I know while there are disagreements on here, nobody says anything vile and if they did they would be promptly banned. 

It's not just Brereton who gets it online. I'm going on a tangent here and I don't know the guy or his work, but Arianna Grandes ex Pete Davidson put a post up a few weeks back which was basically a suicide note. The comments underneath from real people were absolutely shocking. Basically telling him to kill himself. Many weren't fake accounts. I just don't get it. 

Anyway, I digress. I think we all agree that BB ain't tearing up trees, we all hope he does and in the meantime people should just be nice. Say he is playing shite, fair enough, but leave the personal stuff out. Some of those little gobshites or gobshiteettes on Facebook need a firm clip around the ear. 

• Like 2