BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Crikey, never thought I would see the day when that industry pawn's name was brought up on here. The elites truly do have their tentacles  everywhere! You've outdone yourself Big Dogg!

Social media is here to divide society by bringing the people's debased negative and destructive impulses out behind the safety of a keyboard, amongst other things. It succeeds in taking a huge amount of time, energy and attention from people, contributing to a toxic social climate. It's a key tool used in programming people to be at each others throats and hate each other. Tin foil hat off

With regards to Brereton, I concur with the majority in saying he needs a loan to League One or a spell in the U23's. I'm not optimistic he's going to be an effective player for us though, as like many others, I've not seen one significant attribute from the fellow yet.

Edited by donnermeat
  • Like 6

I realise Ben wasn't match fit when he came but is he playing in any of the U23 games? If not then he should to get his fitness levels up, as well as gather some momentum against lower level opponents. I think fans have a tendency to turn on players who either are lazy or look lazy. Ben is long and gangly and doesn't seem to work as hard as some of our other players. We've had strikers in the past who lacked obvious quality or physical but still were very popular among the fans. Shefki Kuqi and Paul Dickov are two that spring to mind - I think if he can start there and learn under Graham, there might be hope for him.

21 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Should people behave like that? No. 

Are they total cretins? Yes.

Would any of those people talk to him like that in a pub? No.

Will it ever stop on social media? No.

Almost every celebrity, public figure, politician or sportsperson get abused on social media; doesn’t matter if they are a genius, a scumbag or just a middling type.

Just look at what Messi and Ronaldo receive.

If you have a Twitter or instagram account as a famous person you will get trolled, it’s sport for that bizarre subset of people that inflict it.

Your only option is to come off it, go private or put up with it (death threats aside, obviously). 

For those in their 20s and under, social media of some description has always been there, from MSN messenger onwards and this kind of thing just seems normal and it can’t be good for society.

No word of a lie on Tuesday night a young lass behind me, probably about 19 shouted after Brereton lost the ball “F**k off Brereton you shit C**t” an older gent shouted something at her and most were sat there looking at each other in disbelief. Disgusting. He hasn’t impressed me so far and I’ve been critical, but some of the stuff you see on social media is way too far for sure. He struggled again on Tuesday night but I honestly think us fans in the ground are desperate for him too come good. Despite doing nothing on Tuesday he was clapped off with some even standing up too clap him, it was nice too see really. At the end of the day the lad is only 19 and his confidence is clearly at rock bottom. Whenever he pulls on the shirt he should get our full backing, prove us all wrong BB!! 

• Like 3

On 16/01/2019 at 13:48, Bigdoggsteel said:

Plenty of managers don't sign the players. Preferably they should I think. I would imagine Mowbray has final say here though.  The signing does look odd at this point. Hopefully that changes. 

I think some fans on social media are being nasty pricks though with some of the comments they are making on Breretons Instagram and also on official club tweets about him. Can't be good for a young lads confidence to read them. At the end of the day, he didn't choose his transfer fee. 

Well, you know the problem with social media and "nasty pricks" lol...I dread to think what people are posting. Have you ever read the Rovers Facebook page? There are a few pearlers on that!

My point is whether the player was signed by someone, totally unconnected with team affairs, as a vanity project, DESPITE what TM obviously required in other areas of the pitch.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

On 16/01/2019 at 15:37, tomphil said:

If he's getting vile abuse on the club twitter it's up to them to police it and delete or block.  If it's is just fans a bit upset at his perceived lack of effort or questioning the signing then fair enough he'll have to man up and take it, a wise trainer would say use that as motivation.

That is awful!

Abuse is standard for anybody online, performing well or not, no matter how good or bad you are. Mostly bored incels trying to be funny. I do feel for Brereton though, I think there’s a player there somewhere (not on the wing though that’s for damn sure). Also think he’s not suited to our style of play at the moment. Best thing that can happen for him is maybe if graham is exhausted or gets a small knock, plays up top a couple of games and grabs a goal I think he’ll be alright. He’s still not had a fair shake really, he’s only had a couple of starts in 6 months and mostly coming on for fifteen minutes or so the rest of the time. I’m rooting for him anyway.

• Like 5

Time to leave him out for a while now the Nutt is the man and if possible get an impact sub with pace on loan along the lines of Chapman not some show pony from Chelsea or City.

Send Ben back to the apprentices because that is what he is and let's have people who can contribute on the bench. If the season peters out later on he can throw him back in then but whilst there is something to play for let's have the strongest bench possible.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Time to leave him out for a while now the Nutt is the man and if possible get an impact sub with pace on loan along the lines of Chapman not some show pony from Chelsea or City.

Send Ben back to the apprentices because that is what he is and let's have people who can contribute on the bench. If the season peters out later on he can throw him back in then but whilst there is something to play for let's have the strongest bench possible.

He needs to spend the rest of the season playing for the U23s whilst lifting weights in the gym everyday and putting some weight on. He’s too weak and gets pushed off the ball so easily, he’s also absolutely shot for confidence and a run in the U23s might be ideal for him to get some confidence back, it’s  not done the Nutt any harm. And yes we definitely need a winger like Chapman, but not Chapman himself. Too many injuries, I fear the lad will be retired by the time he’s 26/27 which is such a shame. Talented kid.

• Like 1

Give him a run in the u23s, at least  there he should be played in his proper position  and getting a few goals will help his confidence,it also helps if a manager believes in you to give you confidence,look at the change in Rashford since OGS took over at Man U.

It's funny, I look at Brereton and wonder what possessed us to part with that kind of money. Compare him with the likes of Graham etc. Then I remember playing football today. Shite standard. Pub league. More fights than through balls. And I think of the two lads we drafted in a few weeks back. Both 20yrs old. And even in the shite league I play in as an ageing fat bastard, they look like new born fish. I swear if you look closely enough you could see their hearts beating when they were getting kitted up! Brereton is just a boy. Putting aside the outlay he is a young lad. Let's forget any expectations and let him fulfill the potential that's clearly there in the eyes of the pros. I don't want to see him destroyed before he's even turned 20.

Disclaimer. He may have turned 20. I really have no idea.

• Like 2

He wants to look at McBurnie at Swansea.

Tall and gangly as a stick with a touch like a midwife. But he runs at players, and in behind. Gets on the end of stuff too with good finishing.

That’s how I see B.B. turning out, doesn’t need to go all Incredible Hulk or turn into a target man. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Butty said:

He needs to spend the rest of the season playing for the U23s whilst lifting weights in the gym everyday and putting some weight on. He’s too weak and gets pushed off the ball so easily, he’s also absolutely shot for confidence and a run in the U23s might be ideal for him to get some confidence back, it’s  not done the Nutt any harm. And yes we definitely need a winger like Chapman, but not Chapman himself. Too many injuries, I fear the lad will be retired by the time he’s 26/27 which is such a shame. Talented kid.

Exactly. Right now, his confidence level must be rock-bottom in addition to the weight of the 6/7million price tag on his shoulder.