BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You'd expect a good striker to hit the target and certainly not put it out for a throw.

As for Graham doing it one he didn't and I don't think that he would but the big difference is if Graham did it he still has 9 league goals this season and has been one of our best players, whereas Brereton has done nothing when he's played and is still yet to score after an expensive transfer. That chance was a very good opportunity to break his duck but he badly fluffed his lines.

Youth games are completely different to Championship football. I've lost count of how many players over the years have looked to have great ability at youth level only to go on and do little in their career. You can't compare youth football to Championship football, for example if he played yesterday he wouldn't have encountered a centre back with the experience and strength of a James Collins at youth level.

He has missed easier I think. He has also had a couple disallowed and has notched a few assists, so unfair to say he has done nothing. 

39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya I think he was worried about the impact too much alright. Not good 

He needs to play in tough competitive matches so a L2 loan looks sensible. It would toughen him up, make or break. He will not get that at youth development level or when warming his backside on the bench. 15 minute cameos are counter productive.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

He needs to play in tough competitive matches so a L2 loan looks sensible. It would toughen him up, make or break. He will not get that at youth development level or when warming his backside on the bench. 15 minute cameos are counter productive.

I would put him in the under 23s. I don't think a loan to league 1 or 2 would be great for him. He has played a lot of championship games already for a 19 year old. 

14 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Course they do - even the players. I bet Dack is always on here when not playing his now stolen FM save. 

I reckon once every couple of months we get the following...

New registration requires approval.

xxxxxx@rovers.co.uk has confirmed e-mail address.

Accept or Deny.

7 hours ago, J*B said:

I reckon once every couple of months we get the following...

New registration requires approval.

xxxxxx@rovers.co.uk has confirmed e-mail address.

Accept or Deny.

And thats just the dim ones that use their Rovers.co.uk email address. Bet there are tons more. If i was a player i'd certainly be at least viewing these forums.

22 hours ago, 47er said:

Even "that tackle" Anderson!

In comparison to Brereton, Myles at least looked up for the one game I saw him play in.

Brereton looks so uncomfortable. It reminds me of when Kevin Davies came here and completely lost his bottle, almost immediately.

Well, if we think players and perhaps even management come on to these forums (and let's face it, their egos are going to demand attention from wherever they can get it), perhaps we should have a poll about 'how to fix Ben Brereton?'

We all want him to come good, and no-one wants him to continue in the miserable condition he has fallen into, so perhaps there might be something from the ranks of the good and great fans of BRFC that those at the club could cotton on to and consider.

Just a thought...

My two-pennworth would be a) send him out on loan to league 1, to get his shooting boots on again b) quietly give him some full game time with the u23s, or c) make him a regular start in the first team, on the basis that he will come good, as quality always does. It wouldn't be, carry on as we have done so far - that seems to me will just wreck any potential he has left.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

It's now 9 months and counting since Brereton scored a goal. For his own confidence (and ours), he needs to start scoring, pronto.

He needs one in off the face like Nuttall - would he get himself in that position though is the question.

Mowbray on Chapman (surely it should be the case for BB too?)

“If he is going to sit on our bench or not even get in the 18 for the next three or four months then he might as well go and play some football and get fit and get some confidence and come back pre-season ready to try and get in our team.”

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

“If he is going to sit on our bench or not even get in the 18 for the next three or four months then he might as well go and play some football and get fit and get some confidence and come back pre-season ready to try and get in our team.”

That was my first thought as well. I would also back Chapman to have more of an impact during the run in than I would Brereton. If we can bring Chapman and a striker in then I would definitely send Brereton out on loan. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I would probably him in the squad over any of the attacking players on the bench today whenever he was fit, and as close to starting as any of them. For a start we are a Kasey Palmer down from the start of the window. Dont get it at all.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Genuinely feel a loan move would be best for all and let him come back next season starting fresh

The last two games I’ve been watching and he’s barely been sent out to warm up second half like he’s not even being considered now 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Well I would have liked a new option in and Ben to go on loan for some confidence and game time but he’s here for the season now let’s hope he pushes on.

Nuttall is an option ahead of him right now due to a couple of goals but I can’t imagine that staying that way.

I would certainly use him before Conway, hope he gets a chance and takes it now 

• Like 1

Everybody is saying loan him or play him in the U23's to gain some confidence. From what I have seen he may struggle to get confidence even at those lower levels. What do Rovers do with him if that happens ?

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1