BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

On 14/02/2019 at 20:07, Bigdoggsteel said:

No real pressure from the fans? How in God's name do you work that one out? With every passing game he fails to score in, he is under more pressure! 

There's much more pressure to perform  at Ewood than there is in an away game. Away fans tend to be a lot more enthusiastic and forgiving of poor performance.

• Backroom

Glad he got a start today but I think that’s the worst I’ve seen him it doesn’t help that he kept getting moved around but I think every time he got it he ran into a man and then bounced ten feet off them before slowly getting up and skulking away 

Can anyone explain what qualities Brereton has got . As I've seen it

No pace

Weak and timid

Poor first touch (And usually second too)

Very average work rate

Wins little in the air

Can't hold the ball up front

Lacks awareness of play around him

Lacks composure in front of goal

Apart from the above all good?

• Like 2

On 15/02/2019 at 01:43, Butty said:

Been saying for a while the lad needs to put some size on. Way too lightweight, he showed the odd flash of ability last night for the first time ever, but I couldn’t help but laugh at one point when he picked the ball up on the edge of the box and the Reading centre half smashed him to the floor with minimal effort. He needs to get himself in the gym big time 

I agree he needs to bulk up and work on his first touch. For me lacks the braveness required to become a real goal poacher, and I'm not sure that is something that can be taught. Judging by his work rate on the pitch, I'd say it will take him a fair few sessions in the gym before he puts any muscle on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I agree he needs to bulk up and work on his first touch. For me lacks the braveness required to become a real goal poacher, and I'm not sure that is something that can be taught. Judging by his work rate on the pitch, I'd say it will take him a fair few sessions in the gym before he puts any muscle on.

Well this season is over so we may as well get him started on the weights and the protein shakes now :lol: 

5 minutes ago, alcd said:

Can anyone explain what qualities Brereton has got . As I've seen it

No pace

Weak and timid

Poor first touch (And usually second too)

Very average work rate

Wins little in the air

Can't hold the ball up front

Lacks awareness of play around him

Lacks composure in front of goal

Apart from the above all good?

Appatently he is Messi in training...

I'm beginning to feel very sorry for the lad. He doesn't look a very good player but he is clearly lost playing out wide and doesn't have a shred of confidence, its sad to watch. But for me the blame is squarely with Mowbray as he spent such a big amount of money on him (which leads to increased expectations) that he clearly wasn't worth and I also think that his handling of the lad (and of our youngsters in general) is poor.

• Like 1

Something about the way Mowbray talks about him I don't think Brereton was his signing

Does anyone know who decided to bring him in? Was it Mowbray?

It seems a staggeringly stupid signing on any level. Why gamble such a huge fee on such a young and limited  player? And the sort of player we don't need.

I just don't get what the plan was?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alcd said:

How on earth did Forest even ask £7m for this total dump of a player?

They probably didn't , the agent that they employed to find a buyer probably did after he had drummed interest using the tried and tested three club shuffle. Somebody panicked and fell for it imo.

The price tag not Brererton's fault and his start at Rovers with the valuation/expectation hanging over his head must have knocked his confidence out the window. 

Edited by perthblue02

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Something about the way Mowbray talks about him I don't think Brereton was his signing

Does anyone know who decided to bring him in? Was it Mowbray?

It seems a staggeringly stupid signing on any level. Why gamble such a huge fee on such a young and limited  player? And the sort of player we don't need.

I just don't get what the plan was?

Really dont think it was - especially how TM goes on about the right type of players almost as if he over-scrutinises transfers. he also doesnt like to spend money apparantly and wants the owners to be patient - so why would he splurge 7 mil on a teenager? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

Appatently he is Messi in training...

Hopefully, we video our training sessions so they can be sent to every agent in Europe. 

Based on Tony's comments of BB smashing them in in training, I'll be looking for £70million and not just the £7million!