BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said not for me. Keep the squad. 

how many more times?

Chaddy, what is he contributing though?

Samuel is, at this point in time, a better player. Keep him as a backup if we dont sign another striker, send Brereton out to develop.

Graham, Gallagher, Armstrong, Samuel. That's 4 players who can fit that one position, all at a higher standard than Brereton.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Chaddy, what is he contributing though?

Samuel is, at this point in time, a better player. Keep him as a backup if we dont sign another striker, send Brereton out to develop.

Graham, Gallagher, Armstrong, Samuel. That's 4 players who can fit that one position, all at a higher standard than Brereton.

I would start Brereton upfront ahead of Armstrong and probably Samuel as well. Certainly don't see him replacing Dack though and I wouldn't even entertain the idea

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said not for me. Keep the squad. 

how many more times?

Lots. Because he isn't very good. Virtually every game he has played he has looked lost in - not just quiet - but lost. 

If he were anywhere near good enough he would have played. Graham was dropped for Gally very quickly although not being at the same level. That indicates that if TM thought Bereton was any good he'd have been in the team more. 

The manager doesn't really rate him, the fans don't - I think he is a busted flush. But assuming he isn't - a big if - then the current situation will do him no good. He needs games to see if he can come good but to do it in our team is too big a risk given his performances. Therefore the only way to see if he has a chance of coming good is sending out on loan where he will get regular football. 

It would be suicide to give him a run of games in our team and pointless for development making the odd cameo. Loan's the only option. 

• Like 5

Samuel and Chapman are consigned to scoring and assisting for the under 23's, when Brereton has done nothing for the under 23's but gets on the bench and in the first team.

Anyone got any other reason other than he cost money so Mowbray has to pick him?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Samuel and Chapman are consigned to scoring and assisting for the under 23's, when Brereton has done nothing for the under 23's but gets on the bench and in the first team.

Anyone got any other reason other than he cost money so Mowbray has to pick him?

In fairness he doesn't actually pick him though 

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Lots. Because he isn't very good. Virtually every game he has played he has looked lost in - not just quiet - but lost. 

If he were anywhere near good enough he would have played. Graham was dropped for Gally very quickly although not being at the same level. That indicates that if TM thought Bereton was any good he'd have been in the team more. 

The manager doesn't really rate him, the fans don't - I think he is a busted flush. But assuming he isn't - a big if - then the current situation will do him no good. He needs games to see if he can come good but to do it in our team is too big a risk given his performances. Therefore the only way to see if he has a chance of coming good is sending out on loan where he will get regular football. 

It would be suicide to give him a run of games in our team and pointless for development making the odd cameo. Loan's the only option. 

we have agree to disagree Blue Blood. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Amo said:

Just a bewildering signing. I know Mowbray apologists argue “that’s football!” but the £12m weren’t calculated risks. We’d already had Gallagher on loan. That should’ve been enough to convince the manager he wasn’t worth the £5m price tag. 

And Brereton came right out of left-field. I don’t think anyone could have seen us spending £7m on an Championship academy player.

I was all for giving Brereton a chance, but I think he is one if the worst players I have seen in a long time.

Apparently he started crying today when he was booed. People are giving out about the fans. Personally I think its pathetic that an adult man is crying. Every single player gets booed at some point 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was all for giving Brereton a chance, but I think he is one if the worst players I have seen in a long time.

Apparently he started crying today when he was booed. People are giving out about the fans. Personally I think its pathetic that an adult man is crying. Every single player gets booed at some point 

Hmmm...I am sure he is in a bit of a crisis.No shame in tears, as far as I am concerned. He is certainly visibly lacking in confidence.

At the moment, he looks shit, I know, but booing aint going to help one bit. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Blimey, if that's true the lad is done here. 

49 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

On a day when football is bringing attention to those with mental health issues this is a particularly ill judged post

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Amo said:

I’m sure Mowbray publicly slating him before the match worked wonders for his tender confidence. 

This !

Yes the bit of stick he might of got when subbed probably broke the camels back but Mowbrays handling of him has been terrible from the start. Now he's dug him out in the press in an attempt to cover his own backside and downplay the fee.

He's as culpable as anyone in this certainly more so than any match attending paying pissed off supporters.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

On a day when football is bringing attention to those with mental health issues this is a particularly ill judged post

Oh cop on,mental health. He's paid handsomely and has a beautiful partner, I'm sure he will be fine and I highly doubt he is reading this board. Hes not delivering on the field, gets booed and cries. Shows me he's not cut out for football. Has a player ever cried from being booed before?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh cop on,mental health. He's paid handsomely and has a beautiful partner, I'm sure he will be fine and I highly doubt he is reading this board. Hes not delivering on the field, gets booed and cries. Shows me he's not cut out for football. Has a player ever cried from being booed before?

He's a kid! If this is true it's a day of shame for our club it really is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

He's a kid! If this is true it's a day of shame for our club it really is.

He's an adult man. Bell being racially abused is a genuine issue. Baby Breo crying because the mean fans booed him isnt. More in his line to funnel his emotions into some anger and get around the field like he actually wants to work hard for the club. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This is what we are up against these days i'm afraid.

If it's true and i'm not sure how anyone could see the tears from where they were sat but if so it says more about him than anything else. There must be things that go deeper. He's paid millions to be a footballer and to do a certain job in which as long as he looks like he's trying he'll get a bit of empathy.  If people feel he isn't they'll let him know.

Yet again i'll refer to the managers comments in the press basically telling him to pull his finger out. Now how does that come across to fans ?

Too many people looking for too much drama in this there's no way the club would have him out there if he was close to some sort of breakdown. I absolutely despair at what passes for 'mental health' these days and what is just life's ups and downs.

Roll with the punches, get up and fight back for gods sake !

• Like 2

Fact with Brereton is that Mowbray (Rovers) put him in that creek without a paddle the moment they panic bid for him a 4:45pm on deadline day last August.

Forest probably couldn't believe their luck, and STILL played us like the fools we were and managed to get sold of a player who wasn't in their plans for 10 times his value.

Had we bid for Brereton either a week or two earlier, or waited for the next window, we would probably have saved 80% of the fee and 100% of the expectation.

Poor lad didn't ask to be bought for £7m by an incompetent managers "transfer strategy."

• Like 2