BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

We are talking about mental health. I have never had a problem with this and I hope you haven't either but I hope those of us who have been fortunate can just try to be a little bit more understanding with men who cry

I once worked in a psychiatric adolescent unit and I remember that the head psych would often tell the kids that it was "a strength" to cry.

In all seriousness, this is just supporters, who are rightly p**d off after yet another shit-show, venting their anger. No-one can seriously condemn a man for crying...can they?!

• Like 4

I wasn’t there so I’m going solely off what has been written on Twitter and Facebook BUT if our fans really did boo off a 19 year old player and reduce him to tears on the bench all on a day when the games kicked off a minute late to highlight mental health then surely it’s a bad show from our fans. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Have you considered that crying because of boos today could just be the final straw? 

Perhaps he’s very handsomely paid and has a beautiful partner... but loves playing football and his dream move to become a star striker is falling apart because he hasn’t been given opportunities to shine upfront, and when he has it just hasn’t happened for him. 
Perhaps he’s having all sorts of family trouble, Nottingham is just a bit too far away, his partner is staying down there because she can’t do her job up here and doesn’t want to become a wag. 
Perhaps he himself has no idea what’s going wrong. Perhaps he’s up all night worrying because everything he did at Forest that worked brilliantly seems to fail here, and he just can’t understand why. 

Perhaps, just perhaps, despite the 6m transfer and massive wage increase, the promises he was given just haven’t materialised and suddenly the transfer is the single worst thing he’s ever done.

I suggest you read Matt Jansens book when he talks about returning from injury. 

I have edited out my final comment on this post because on reflection it may not have been fair.

It must have been a pearler! Agree with the rest of your post.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I’ve seen no more than I saw in Jordan Slew, looking for glimpses, something to cling onto, it’s just not there at this point.

I desperately want him to come good here but it just doesn’t seem likely. A loan may be best for us all.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve seen no more than I saw in Jordan Slew, looking for glimpses, something to cling onto, it’s just not there at this point.

I desperately want him to come good here but it just doesn’t seem likely. A loan may be best for us all.

The problem is if you were a prospective manager looking to loan him and you were at today's game would you take a chance ?

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh cop on,mental health. He's paid handsomely and has a beautiful partner, I'm sure he will be fine and I highly doubt he is reading this board. Hes not delivering on the field, gets booed and cries. Shows me he's not cut out for football. Has a player ever cried from being booed before?

Your comment is bang out of order. No place for narrow-minded drivel like that. You have no idea what he might be going through. In all likelihood the boos were a trigger for his emotions that may be building up due to other circumstances. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

You have no idea what he might be going through. In all likelihood the boos were a trigger for his emotions that may be building up due to other circumstances. 

Mowbray and his team aren't doing a very good job then.

Crap players sometimes get booed - even ironically. I don't think anyone checked if Chris Brown was going through anything at the time or even cared.

12 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I wasn’t there so I’m going solely off what has been written on Twitter and Facebook BUT if our fans really did boo off a 19 year old player and reduce him to tears on the bench all on a day when the games kicked off a minute late to highlight mental health then surely it’s a bad show from our fans. 

I was sat in the middle-ish and heard no boos when he was subbed. I heard a bit of an ironic cheer which I've heard many times when a player deemed to be playing poorly goes. Likely there was someone quite boorish who shouted obscenities as there is at every football game. Not acceptable but it happens. The idea that the fans were all rabidly going for his throat seems to have picked up but is not what I experienced. I heard groans when he lost the ball on several occasions but again not in any way unusual that fans react negatively to things not going well. If he was upset, it may have been personal frustration than any 'abuse'.

Some have immediately jumped on other fans with a starting premise that seems to be based off twitter updates. Have we any reference to this abuse from the club? Did he in fact hear any of it? Too many assumptions....

• Like 6

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Garbage to blame Mowbray; the people to blame are the morons booing.

Surely the people that are working close with a player several times a week should have a far better idea of any 'mental state' than people that might (or might not) look at his happy photos on social media.

Poor effort to blame fans for a bit of a boo.

1 minute ago, Husky said:

Surely the people that are working close with a player several times a week should have a far better idea of any 'mental state' than people that might (or might not) look at his happy photos on social media.

Poor effort to blame fans for a bit of a boo.

I get the frustration..God knows I am heartily sick of this Rovers shit-show  BUT our own fans booing an individual Rovers player can do no good whatsoever.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

I was sat in the middle-ish and heard no boos when he was subbed. I heard a bit of an ironic cheer which I've heard many times when a player deemed to be playing poorly goes. Likely there was someone quite boorish who shouted obscenities as there is at every football game. Not acceptable but it happens. The idea that the fans were all rabidly going for his throat seems to have picked up but is not what I experienced. I heard groans when he lost the ball on several occasions but again not in any way unusual that fans react negatively to things not going well. If he was upset, it may have been personal frustration than any 'abuse'.

Some have immediately jumped on other fans with a starting premise that seems to be based off twitter updates. Have we any reference to this abuse from the club? Did he in fact hear any of it? Too many assumptions....

I never heard any booing neither. Clearly some fans were getting agitated and I heard some individuals shouting at players but nothing out of the ordinary. 

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

How would supporters at the ground know that Ben Brereton was in tears on the bench?

I was there and didn't know anything about him crying until I logged on here. His body language when he was going off appeared to be one of frustration and disappointment.

Did anybody categorically see him crying?

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Criticise on a messageboard - yes. But if it is true that the young man was driven to tears by his treatment from Rovers supporters -no.

I would say if he was driven to tears , it was because he was shit, not because he was told he was shit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would say if he was driven to tears , it was because he was shit, not because he was told he was shit.

He would have been only too aware of his non -contribution. Being booed by your own fans, now what positive contribution could that ever make to the individual player or the club?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I was there, and if we have a 19year old player who is reduced to tears by boo's, I don't think he should be a Blackburn Rovers player.

1 minute ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

He would have been only too aware of his non -contribution. Being booed by your own fans, now what positive contribution could that ever make to the individual player or the club?

Perhaps he won't be picked again.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Have you considered that crying because of boos today could just be the final straw? 

Perhaps he’s very handsomely paid and has a beautiful partner... but loves playing football and his dream move to become a star striker is falling apart because he hasn’t been given opportunities to shine upfront, and when he has it just hasn’t happened for him. 
Perhaps he’s having all sorts of family trouble, Nottingham is just a bit too far away, his partner is staying down there because she can’t do her job up here and doesn’t want to become a wag. 
Perhaps he himself has no idea what’s going wrong. Perhaps he’s up all night worrying because everything he did at Forest that worked brilliantly seems to fail here, and he just can’t understand why. 

Perhaps, just perhaps, despite the 6m transfer and massive wage increase, the promises he was given just haven’t materialised and suddenly the transfer is the single worst thing he’s ever done.

I suggest you read Matt Jansens book when he talks about returning from injury. 

I have edited out my final comment on this post because on reflection it may not have been fair.

I totally agree with your post JB. 

I think we need to move him on. This move hasn't worked out for him and he doesn't look anything like the player Forest had. Maybe moving up here is just one big massive mistake. 

I did say that the summer we signed Brereton we should have gone for someone like Matt Smith who at Millwall now. Would thrive on these crosses and chances we are creating

Edited by chaddyrovers

I saw a tweet from Linz Lewis (the ginger ninja badges lady) who said he had his head in his hands on the bench, think the crying thing is a bit of Chinese whispers that nicely starts a narrative against ‘horrible Rovers fans’ that a certain sub section on Twitter seem to revel in.

He’s been here 18 months and has largely been shown a lot of patience considering how utterly dreadful he’s been.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I saw a tweet from Linz Lewis (the ginger ninja badges lady) who said he had his head in his hands on the bench, think the crying thing is a bit of Chinese whispers that nicely starts a narrative against ‘horrible Rovers fans’ that a certain sub section on Twitter seem to revel in.

He’s been here 18 months and has largely been shown a lot of patience considering how utterly dreadful he’s been.

Hyperbole on Twitter? Say it ain't so. 

People defending Rovers fans should remember its not the first time that the fans have turned on a big money signing. It never ends well for player or club. 

Brereton has been condemned and no loan spell away will correct that.

It's been a bad move from day one its neither the fans or player's fault.

For all concerned we need to get him out of the club as soon as possible.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever
  • Like 1