BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sorry I’m talking about the BB/TM link.

Very bad, if true. Mowbray needed a last minute signing with cash ,for some reason, burning a hole in his pocket. Freeman didn't work out, so next thing it's BB.... IF it's proven they have the same agent, I would thing that's pretty poor carry on to be fair. 

6 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Oliver Henry is BB agent. He works for KSM. Previously worked at Crown Football which is Simon connings gang whom gave us such football heavyweights as Walton, Gallagher, Nyambe. Also Stephy Mavididi agent whom we allegedly went to watch last month playing for Dijon.

Bradley Orr is now Jason Lowes agent ?

No way....

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No way....

Yes way. To the right hand side is agents who signed the FA paperwork. 

Smallwood once of SEM is represented by Craig Honeyman once of SEM and was key helping bring Lucas Joao here.

Should be noted both Henry and Chapmans Denos agent both are KSM - Key sport management. Denos is a director and Henry just an agent.

Warwick Horton also a director of KSM was Peter Whittinghams agent.

012FFEB4-7306-4514-ADC9-812931491F3E.png

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Yes way. To the right hand side is agents who signed the FA paperwork. 

Smallwood once of SEM is represented by Craig Honeyman once of SEM and was key helping bring Lucas Joao here.

Should be noted both Henry and Chapmans Denos agent both are KSM - Key sport management. Denos is a director and Henry just an agent.

Warwick Horton also a director of KSM was Peter Whittinghams agent.

012FFEB4-7306-4514-ADC9-812931491F3E.png

How do you get to be an agent. I could do with a bit more easy money. Will I have to get out of this armchair ?

• Like 3

On 29/08/2018 at 15:31, Neal said:

Still can't help but feel uneasy about this one. It's a big fee (for us) and feels a sort of eggs in on basket type situation. I hope TM gets this one right. 

Just  went  back to reading the first posts about the Brereton signing. Most comments would be seen as utterly embarrassing  now----  "exciting signing" crops up a lot as does "heading in the right direction".

Neal was just about the only cautious poster in the first 3 pages with 2 similar quotes.

Lesson is---don't assume the player is good because he's expensive!

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
52 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I genuinely find it hard to believe we would have sold Dack with the play-offs in sight. 

All the one what anyone believes now as the gospel on here now will be that we were going to sell Dack in January. Pretty much cant be proved either way, but the definitive line going forward will be that we were going to sell him

The only evidence I have seen is that the Rovers players said it to the Wigan players after the game and then one of them told their granny, who gets her hair cut by a posters sister. 

The play offs were never really in sight. 
We get close and brick it, every time.

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How do you get to be an agent. I could do with a bit more easy money. Will I have to get out of this armchair ?

Do it.

I guess almost anyone can be almost anything these days.

I'm currently studying to be a throw in coach.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, 47er said:

Just  went  back to reading the first posts about the Brereton signing. Most comments would be seen as utterly embarrassing  now----  "exciting signing" crops up a lot as does "heading in the right direction".

Don't forget this gem from you-know-who:

I have no idea why uneasy at all..

Hes a great talent and IMO we only get better just like Dack and Armstrong. 

Mowbray builting a very good team which is British apart from 2 people. Great team spirit and we are going places under Mowbray. Great feeling and buzz around the club. 

29 minutes ago, 47er said:

Not guilty.

2 minutes ago, Amo said:

Don't forget this gem from you-know-who:

I have no idea why uneasy at all..

Hes a great talent and IMO we only get better just like Dack and Armstrong. 

Mowbray builting a very good team which is British apart from 2 people. Great team spirit and we are going places under Mowbray. Great feeling and buzz around the club. 

It wouldn't be the same poster who said of Brereton "He's a steal" would it?!!!

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

"I think 7 mil is steal"

"I think 7 mil is steal"

"I think 7 mil is steal"

"I think 7 mil is steal"

"7mil"

"steal"

• Like 3

I don't want this to come across as a personal attack on Ben but one thing that concerns me with him is... He doesn't seem the brightest lad, I'm not sure he has the intelligence to learn how to be a successful player. Perhaps this is unfair because I don't know him personally, its just observation but he comes across as a nice lad but a bit of a wally. I'm going to get pelters for this... 

1 minute ago, Neal said:

I don't want this to come across as a personal attack on Ben but one thing that concerns me with him is... He doesn't seem the brightest lad, I'm not sure he has the intelligence to learn how to be a successful player. Perhaps this is unfair because I don't know him personally, its just observation but he comes across as a nice lad but a bit of a wally. I'm going to get pelters for this... 

And you were doing so well!! LOL!

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

I thought the same, he seems a bit harmless. I suppose you don't have to be a genius to be a footballer, but he doesn't appear to have the raw attributes , so being able to learn would be good. 

Personally I just don't get how he hasn't bulked up somewhat. He is literally a twig. 

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

And you were doing so well!! LOL!

Hahaha... Tell me I'm wrong though. Everyone I know thinks the same. I feel tight saying it but lad seems a bit of a simpleton. I've said my bit. All the best! 

9 minutes ago, Amo said:

I can't fathom how anyone could think an unproven prospect from Nottm Forest was a "steal" at £7m.

As with Gallagher I questioned why other teams in the division (basically our close rivals) didn't want to sign or keep hold of such striking talents.

I guess we've found out the hard way. Though it was fairly obvious before then to be honest.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 47er said:

1 hour ago, Amo said:

"I think 7 mil is steal"

"I think 7 mil is steal"

"I think 7 mil is steal"

"I think 7 mil is steal"

"7mil"

"steal"

Classic @chaddyrovers. What would we do without our main man, god love him.

• Like 3

I think most of us admitted we had never heard of Brereton before 4pm that Friday. Personally I gave him every chance before deciding if he was good or bad. Unfortunately it looks as if even Stevie Wonder would say that we have been sold a dud. I don't fully blame the lad, I think Mowbray has made a bollox of integrating him into the squad. To think of the talent we could have signed with that money and bit of scouting. We could have signed the 4 best players in League 2 or the 2 best in League 1. 2,3,4 good lads from Europe either. For all the talk about our European scouting network, ultimately our only signing from Europe is a player pretty much everyone would have known already. Hopefully he comes good though. The BB deal is a shocking transfer all round and a damaging one for a club in our position. Brentford we ain't. 

I can't help but feel Mowbray ok'd the signing on very little information/research. Very, very poor stuff. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought the same, he seems a bit harmless. I suppose you don't have to be a genius to be a footballer, but he doesn't appear to have the raw attributes , so being able to learn would be good. 

Personally I just don't get how he hasn't bulked up somewhat. He is literally a twig. 

There's intelligence and then there's football intelligence. I remember watching Wayne Rooney as 17 year old player. He wasn't clever in real terms but even then he knew the score out on the pitch. Football brain wise he had it even at that young age. Same with Gazza, daft lad but what a footballer.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There's intelligence and then there's football intelligence. I remember watching Wayne Rooney as 17 year old player. He wasn't clever in real terms but even then he knew the score out on the pitch. Football brain wise he had it even at that young age. Same with Gazza, daft lad but what a footballer.

Spot on. Add Damien Duff to that list as well.