BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

On 14/01/2020 at 14:59, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thanks. edit-actually that's highlights of Forest V Birmingham. 

Anyway, my other question- So if you watched so much of him and said he was a steal at £7 million, what would you say are his strengths? 

I know people here love to quote from these kinds of websites, so I asked the internet and whoscored.com gave me their answer.

?

Screenshot_20200116-115544_1.png

The one for Dack is a little contradictory. It says his weakness is passing but then two of his strengths are through balls and key passes. 

Bradley Johnson has a long list of strengths and no weaknesses - he needs to play every game lol

Edited by JacknOry

43 minutes ago, Husky said:

I know people here love to quote from these kinds of websites, so I asked the internet and whoscored.com gave me their answer.

?

Screenshot_20200116-115544_1.png

Two of those strengths are what he “likes” to do, not what he actually does.

One is a threat, so not even real.

The last is that he doesn’t tackle!

Why oh why did we throw FFP at this lad?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Two of those strengths are what he “likes” to do, not what he actually does.

One is a threat, so not even real.

The last is that he doesn’t tackle!

Why oh why did we throw FFP at this lad?

The Style of Play is actually a different section to Strengths and Weaknesses ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Backroom
1 hour ago, Husky said:

Just 2 minutes? Seriously?

Even the biggest crappy clapper here must admit something dodgy is going on. Agent appearance bonus? It's the only thing that makes any sense.

How is giving him 2 minutes at the end of games better than getting the lad loaned out to play some regular football for six months? I just can't understand the club's mentality on this one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

How is giving him 2 minutes at the end of games better than getting the lad loaned out to play some regular football for six months? I just can't understand the club's mentality on this one.

It was a very selfish move by the club. We could have promoted Vale or similar and wouldn’t notice any difference.

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Last minute, Downing whipped in a cracking cross around the 6 yard box, BB was right there, didn’t even attempt to jump for the header.

I commented on that at the time. No anticipation, no movement and less desire to head it. I don't hold it against the lad because of how much we paid for him, that's not his fault. He just doesn't justify even a place on the bench.

• Like 2

So aside from managing to look poor in a 5 minute cameo (an impressive feat in itself) my main gripe is with the manager and how he has been handled. 

Now Bereton imo should be nowhere near the first team but if he is how the heck is he going to improve by playing 5 minutes. I mean talk about kicking a guy when he is down...

We were obviously sold a dud. Mowbray’s man-management has left a lot to be desired but Brereton’s looked out of his depth in every cameo. What are his strengths? No one seems to know. 

There‘a obviously shenanigans still going on. Our last three managers having the same agent should be proof of that. Chapman and Brereton also came from the same stable. 

• Like 3

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 00:23, Amo said:

We were obviously sold a dud. Mowbray’s man-management has left a lot to be desired but Brereton’s looked out of his depth in every cameo. What are his strengths? No one seems to know. 

There‘a obviously shenanigans still going on. Our last three managers having the same agent should be proof of that. Chapman and Brereton also came from the same stable. 

To me it is not so much of what are his strengths, as what is he not so weak at.

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Mowbray discussing Danny Graham and the attacking options in the telegraph 

https://t.co/Qp3tyY6qVL?amp=1

Not a single mention of the £7m man, not sure why he’s not questioned on it.

Seems he’s not even seriously considered

Ben knows what he has to do to get himself in contention for a start. So far he's not up for it, and unfortunately there's little evidence suggesting he'll ever be.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

From the minute he was spotted warming up the fans were cheering him on. 18 months on that’s testament to a very patient, supportive fanbase. 

I presume the Twitterati will be making note?

Exactly Matty. The gross overreaction to a few boos at Birmingham and him allegedly crying was a great example of how some fans take the moral high ground, particularly on social media. Last night there were chants of 'Brereton' from the Blackburn End.

• Like 5

Last night was first time I thought there might be a player in Brereton somewhere. It's a strange one though as he seems to think he's a winger trapped in a strikers body.

He has a bit of height and what could potentially be good feet. If I was him I would focus on the off the ball game and try and take up good positions in the box. Get some advice from Graham on that. And put some muscle on.

What's incredibly annoying about both Brereton and Gallagher is they are more interested in dropping deep and running with the ball than finding good off the ball positions, ideally in the box. If you've the pace of Armstrong or quality of Dack fair enough. But neither of them are going to beat a competant defender on the deck. But that's what they seem to want to do.

I know some will say that's Mowbrays coaching, and to a certain degree that's true. But Brereton was playing through the middle yesterday and dropped very deep and wide time after time, and watching back his videos from Forest he seemed to do the same back then.

I suppose still Mowbrays issue though as he chose to buy him and Gallagher when we clearly need a proper goal scorer whose main focus is picking up goal scoring positions.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Last night was first time I thought there might be a player in Brereton somewhere. It's a strange one though as he seems to think he's a winger trapped in a strikers body.

He has a bit of height and what could potentially be good feet. If I was him I would focus on the off the ball game and try and take up good positions in the box. Get some advice from Graham on that. And put some muscle on.

What's incredibly annoying about both Brereton and Gallagher is they are more interested in dropping deep and running with the ball than finding good off the ball positions, ideally in the box. If you've the pace of Armstrong or quality of Dack fair enough. But neither of them are going to beat a competant defender on the deck. But that's what they seem to want to do.

I know some will say that's Mowbrays coaching, and to a certain degree that's true. But Brereton was playing through the middle yesterday and dropped very deep and wide time after time, and watching back his videos from Forest he seemed to do the same back then.

I suppose still Mowbrays issue though as he chose to buy him and Gallagher when we clearly need a proper goal scorer whose main focus is picking up goal scoring positions.

That's what struck me watching his highlights video. He spends very little time in the penalty area. You won't score many goals playing out wide all the time

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

From the minute he was spotted warming up the fans were cheering him on. 18 months on that’s testament to a very patient, supportive fanbase. 

I presume the Twitterati will be making note?

Doesn't suit there looking for offence narrative i'm afraid.  Min there's someone shouts loudly 'Fuck off Brereton' at an away game that only those around them can hear they'll be all over it.  It'll be trending and the usual ones most of whom never go near ewood or an away game will be very upset for the lad.

Even though he probably doesn't give a stuff he might actually know it's part and parcel of his highly paid profession, always has been and always will be.

• Like 2