BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have to say, he has looked a different player since coming back. Pity Gallagher hasn't pushed on too. A goal for BB could really get him going I think. Is tonight the night?? 

Totally agree - after his match against Bristol I expected a dip to his more usual form - but though not as involved, thought he had a reasonable match against Wigan.

He desperately needs to score to keep his new found confidence going - and to be honest his performances have deserved it. My only concern is that he tends to drift deep at times (when he should be running into the box) - and doesn't seem to have that natural eye for goal like Dack. Fingers crossed for tonight - with so many matches in such a short space of time - this is a match we really need to win to keep the last few matches of the season interesting.

47 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have to say, he has looked a different player since coming back. Pity Gallagher hasn't pushed on too. A goal for BB could really get him going I think. Is tonight the night?? 

I have a feeling he is going to smash one in tonight to open the floodgates for ten goals in the last seven games for him.

This working from home has turned me into an alcoholic.....

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I have a feeling he is going to smash one in tonight to open the floodgates for ten goals in the last seven games for him.

This working from home has turned me into an alcoholic.....

Slippery slope. I made a rule of no booze before 9pm for a finish. Boozy work meetings , whilst fun, are not best practice :) 

10 goals would be just swell 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, philipl said:

Really miffed about Ben not getting a start against a defence he would probably profit against

The lad has shown a bit more since the season started again, however, it would be difficult not to as he was, IMO, absolutely woeful before.

Still looks nowhere near a £7million player!

However, he should have been given a start against the bottom club as a good performance and a goal or two would have done absolute wonders for his confidence.

IMO, abysmal management from Mowbray - no longer surprised about anything this clown does.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Wonder if his new lockdown breaching barnet has cost him his place this evening?

I couldn’t make out what trousers he had on from the video, he must have had ripped jeans on. Would explain his absence....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

The lad has shown a bit more since the season started again, however, it would be difficult not to as he was, IMO, absolutely woeful before.

Wonder if he's finding it easier not playing in front of a crowd?

• Like 1

Correct decision for me. No attempt to play the ball. A pre-meditated decision to go and boot someone, (almost a carbon copy of the Exeter player in the Play Off Final the previous evening).

The fact Mowbray seems to be saying he won't appeal says it all.

At least Brereton's finally made his mark!

For me part of BB’s issues here has been an element of immaturity. You see it in his demeanour, the way he warms up, last night was another example of it. TM’s reaction tells me he has the same view.

Of course, he’s still a young lad (but 21, not 18) but he doesn’t seem to have the strength of character (yet - will he ever?) to deal with a big price tag - a Kevin Davies-esque feel, who visibly shrunk from the player he was at Southampton.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

A fair chunk of those 54 starts will have been as an 18 year old at Forest.

He’s been here for nearly two years to make up the rest of those appearances  (usually off the bench). Been a real decline. Is it the move? The fee? The lad himself? Mowbray? Or a combination of them all? Whatever, it’s been a waste of two years...

Edited by Mattyblue

Must go down as one of the Worse ever buys at Ewood ...Whoever signed him should be sacked .... 

doesn’t look too bright also .. Mowbray going on buying the right characters as well as talented .. well both out of the window ... 

• Like 1

Just now, unleaded said:

Must go down as one of the Worse ever buys at Ewood ...Whoever signed him should be sacked .... 

doesn’t look too bright also .. Mowbray going on buying the right characters as well as talented .. well both out of the window ... 

Reading the initial posts in this thread is interesting. There'll be one or two red faces on here now. Same with the early posts on the Sam Gallagher thread

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Reading the initial posts in this thread is interesting. There'll be one or two red faces on here now. Same with the early posts on the Sam Gallagher thread

That'll teach people to be optimistic! And I say that unironically. :lol: