BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

16 minutes ago, frosty said:

He’s got a load of Chileans on his Instagram now asking him to play for them ? now that word has got out about him being eligible.

Just seen that, so random. Wasn’t that interview like 2 years ago? His Instagram comments are going crazy with Chileans commenting!! 

• Like 1

We will be talking about his price tag.

On his day he can flat out bully Championship teams... he can create and score goals. Strong, athletic, fast and can run all day.

A 21 year old English player like that?

It’s a bargain.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

On his day he can flat out bully Championship teams... he can create and score goals. Strong, athletic, fast and can run all day.

It’s a bargain.

If he plays like he is now against everyone in the league and does it for the next two years you may have a point. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just seen that, so random. Wasn’t that interview like 2 years ago? His Instagram comments are going crazy with Chileans commenting!! 

It does ring a bell from a while ago yep. Maybe the Chilean media were waiting for him to hit some good form before reporting on it! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You're right, he showed a lot of promise in those two years. 

Aye up until this season he didn't show much but some of the stuff said about him was bordering on ridiculous.."should be in the conference" , "we would find better down in pleasy"

Undoubtedly he hasnt been great in his first couple of years and the money would have been better spent on ready made players but at 19 he had made 50 odd appearances in the Championship for Forest and you don't do that at 19 if you have nothing about you or "would find better down in pleasy"

• Backroom

People exaggerating points, especially on football forums, is nothing out of the ordinary. I'd hope nobody writing or reading comments like "we'd find better down at pleasy" would be taking it seriously.

Whilst we still overpaid hugely for Brereton, the fact he's now beginning to contribute something makes it a little easier to accept. Fingers crossed he continues to improve and perform well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

It’s a bargain.

I thought and said Brereton would never come good, or words to that effect. I have to admit that he has become a very good player for us and one of the first men picked.

However, imo, that will never justify an outlay of £7M on a nineteen year old 2 years ago in our position! For way less than that we could have had a real contributor for 2 seasons and , who knows, we might have gone up!

But we have him, he's playing really well and that's all about it.

I won't be saying anymore on this because I know the people it will bring me into conflict with and frankly, I can't be bothered.

I'm still on a high after that win and I'm going to try to stay there as long as poss!

• Like 3

Just like everyone who's a Rovers fan I'm delighted that he's making a significant contribution on the pitch. I think the sort of  " free role " he plays now suits his game. Picking the ball up in deeper positions and running with it, he can do that.  Hugging the touch line as an old time winger or playing right up front as the focus of the attack isn't where he wants to be playing.

However I'd like to see him making the same sort of impact in the games were we're up against it before I start jumping up and down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DE. said:

People exaggerating points, especially on football forums, is nothing out of the ordinary. I'd hope nobody writing or reading comments like "we'd find better down at pleasy" would be taking it seriously.

Whilst we still overpaid hugely for Brereton, the fact he's now beginning to contribute something makes it a little easier to accept. Fingers crossed he continues to improve and perform well. 

He was being dismissed and some were saying he had no decent attributes.

Even earlier this season when he was playing well it was still being said.

Despite how poor he has been those were ridiculous statements to be coming out with as you don't play 56 championship matches by the age of 19 if you have nothing about you nor do the selling club want as much as 7 million for a 19 year old who has no potential or decent attributes

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Like everyone else that had their doubts, I’m delighted that Brereton is playing well and really contributing to the team now. Long may it continue!

However, I don’t think anyone could be blamed for questioning how much we spent on someone that essentially took two years to get going in all honesty!

He’s playing well now and rather than focussing on what someone said ages ago, maybe it would be a better idea to enjoy one of our players playing really well? After all, if Brereton does well, it benefits everyone at the club and associated with it! (I.E fans). 

• Like 5

Just now, K-Hod said:

Like everyone else that had their doubts, I’m delighted that Brereton is playing well and really contributing to the team now. Long may it continue!

However, I don’t think anyone could be blamed for questioning how much we spent on someone that essentially took two years to get going in all honesty!

He’s playing well now and rather than focussing on what someone said ages ago, maybe it would be a better idea to enjoy one of our players playing really well? After all, if Brereton does well, it benefits everyone at the club and associated with it! (I.E fans). 

It wasn't ages ago tho it's been said this season when he is playing well .

How come I don't see posts like this from you when posters were ridiculing other posters for saying they saw potential in Brereton and thought he would come good?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

However I'd like to see him making the same sort of impact in the games were we're up against it before I start jumping up and down.

I was about to come in and say something similar.

BB has been immense at times this season, and I'm not taking anything away from him because it's a huge upturn from the lad we have seen over the past two years.

One thing where a pattern develops with him though, is that the games he has been unplayable in are the games where we have gotten on top really early and scored the first goal. Very much a confidence player that needs the whole team playing well to benefit him.

In the games where things haven't been going for us, or have been really tight he has been pretty much anonymous, if/when he can start changing games like this where the rest of our lads aren't really at the races, then I think we could have a real player on our hands.

Edited by MarkBRFC

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No chance, he will need to do more and for much longer to justify that level of fee. More goals especially.

Thats not downplaying how much of a different player he appears to be or a criticism of him, but hes not worth 7m at the moment,

If someone offered 7m for him in January, I doubt we would turn it down.

I genuinely think we would. Think the whole point of the signing was to develop him and sell on for a bigger fee, don't think we'd sell him now he's starting to show his ability.

• Like 4

There is no way we would accept 7 million for him in January after the build up to eventually getting him in the team and performing. Strange suggestion. 

If he surpasses 20 with combined assists and goals this season, we will actually have a real asset on our hands. It's plausible. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel