BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I'm glad he didn't have a stinker. Because of his large transfer fee, many are expecting the finished article already and forget he is only n n n n nineteen. At least we can see potential again. Next time out, hopefully he gives the fans something to get behind him again.

Are they? Who?

We expected someone who, having already made 50+ appearances at this level, might be able to make a decent contribution to the first team. 

Just now, Hasta said:

Are they? Who?

We expected someone who, having already made 50+ appearances at this level, might be able to make a decent contribution to the first team. 

For £7m we could have bought a finished article.

The fact that the player we did spend it on isn’t even living up to your stated expectations is all the more depressing.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Vokes And Bamford both cost £7m. £7m should get you a top end striker in the Championship. We got a young lad who can't get in the team. The end. 

The end?

I’m sure you know this both those players will probably be in a wage bracket above our top earners.

No argument that we could spend 7m on some quality lower league additions. The argument is we never had that AND the wages to go along with it.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Won’t somebody PLEASE think of the flex!

I would say that resorting to this suggests you’re out of any reasoned argument. 

Just now, Biz said:

The end?

I’m sure you know this both those players will probably be in a wage bracket above our top earners.

No argument that we could spend 7m on some quality lower league additions. The argument is we never had that AND the wages to go along with it.

I would say that resorting to this suggests you’re out of any reasoned argument. 

But we still had money to spend in January.

Let’s assume your ‘flex’ is a real thing.

We could have used the cash in January to pay for the wage difference, and had a player able to contribute this season. We also brought in Chapman who also won’t contribute.

The time and care being taken by Mowbray to produce this promotion-chasing team is going to be under huge pressure to deliver.

Or it will all just evaporate when Venkys get fed up of waiting.

4 minutes ago, Biz said:

The argument is we never had that AND the wages to go along with it.

No. That's your argument to deflect from the fact we paid £7m for a kid. As someone else pointed out Maupay cost Brentford £1.6m. That fee AND his wages won't come to £7m over 4 years. And he's actually getting in the team and scoring goals.

Understand now?

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

But we still had money to spend in January.

Let’s assume your ‘flex’ is a real thing.

We could have used the cash in January to pay for the wage difference, and had a player able to contribute this season. We also brought in Chapman who also won’t contribute.

The time and care being taken by Mowbray to produce this promotion-chasing team is going to be under huge pressure to deliver.

Or it will all just evaporate when Venkys get fed up of waiting.

It’s not me who said it was a thing, so it’s not an assumption, it’s the words of someone else you have irrational dislike for.

I know it doesn’t fit your narrative but football isn’t just about what we want - if you cannot see this division as anything but a minor hurdle back to what we deserve, you’re in for a shock.

Theres always scope for improvement but I won’t be convinced  that this deal is as bad as you and others seem to want it to be.

The point about the Rao’s getting bored, yet you want the club to borrow more!! Do you read your own arguments?

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

No. That's your argument to deflect from the fact we paid £7m for a kid. As someone else pointed out Maupay cost Brentford £1.6m. That fee AND his wages won't come to £7m over 4 years. And he's actually getting in the team and scoring goals.

Understand now?

We signed Armstrong for a similar fee, you know that lazy little tosser? I don’t think you expect us to be able to find a solution for every position at 1.5m each surely?

Also, I’ll say it again for you. No way that 7m has gone from this years budget for Ben. But any loan or big wage would’ve HAD to go on this years sheets. 

Investing our main spend in players rather than wages is a lot better prospect than previous management at this level for us imo.

Or do you subscribe to 47ers fantasy that doing anything other than what we did, wouldve been better?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Oh Bizzle, ‘twas just said in jest.

Thought he looked ok yesterday, let’s hope it was the start of something for all our sakes.

There isn’t the rush that is implied, unless you’re convinced that we should be trying to be promoted back to back. His age should’ve always given him time, yet his perceived fee has given him bullets.

Just now, Biz said:

We signed Armstrong for a similar fee, you know that lazy little tosser? I don’t think you expect us to be able to find a solution for every position at 1.5m each surely?

Also, I’ll say it again for you. No way that 7m has gone from this years budget for Ben. But any loan or big wage would’ve HAD to go on this years sheets. 

Investing our main spend in players rather than wages is a lot better prospect than previous management at this level for us imo.

Or do you subscribe to 47ers fantasy that doing anything other than what we did, wouldve been better?

Lots of straw men in there too. Try and keep on topic. BB cost £7m. We massively overpaid. That's it. Whether it's paid in one go or over 4 years is irrelevant. We're still paying the same amount. Most transfers are paid in instalments (even AA's) so it's a moot point anyway.

The fact you keep going off on tangents suggests you may be struggling with what's actually being discussed. For one of the great minds of your (or any) generation that is rather surprising. 

10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Lots of straw men in there too. Try and keep on topic. BB cost £7m. We massively overpaid. That's it. Whether it's paid in one go or over 4 years is irrelevant. We're still paying the same amount. Most transfers are paid in instalments (even AA's) so it's a moot point anyway.

The fact you keep going off on tangents suggests you may be struggling with what's actually being discussed. For one of the great minds of your (or any) generation that is rather surprising. 

I think you need to look up the definition of straw man, it’s not simply a term for things that you disagree with.

As I’ve previously stated, any judgement on a 19 year old with 1 league start is flawed. You’re telling me we over paid, I’m telling you that I’m not judging him yet.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The first instalment, hefty signing on wedge, years wages and possibly a loan fee/deposit will all have gone on the years budget and that won't be an insignificant amount.

Compared to borrowing some like Charlie Austin for 6 months, what would you say could cost us more?

Edited by Biz

@Biz it’s not about seeing the Championship as a stepping stone back to the PL but when you have opportunities to press on you have to take them. If we can’t bring in players when we are so close to the play-offs in a tight season then when can we.

And if you don’t take those opportunities and instead rest on your laurels (so called stability) then you fall backwards - as we found out under Bowyer.

Just now, Biz said:

I think you need to look up the definition of straw man, it’s not simply a term for things that you disagree with.

I know what it means. It's funny watching you having to use it time and again because you've nothing else.

3 minutes ago, Biz said:

As I’ve previously stated, any judgement on a 19 year old with 1 league start is flawed. You’re telling me we over paid, I’m telling you that I’m not judging him yet.

When do you start judging him? 6 months, 12 months 2 years? When he's deemed good enough to be in the team?

£7m for someone who never contributes is too much for a Championship team...or any team. 

22 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I know what it means. It's funny watching you having to use it time and again because you've nothing else.

When do you start judging him? 6 months, 12 months 2 years? When he's deemed good enough to be in the team?

£7m for someone who never contributes is too much for a Championship team...or any team. 

I don’t think waiting till he’s had 2 or 3 starts in a row in the league is unfair personally

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I didn't ask that. I asked when you thought it was fair to judge him? 

Specific to your measurements - a season seems fair enough but if he’s hardly factored by then and still on the fringes, without making much impact off the bench - id be starting to be convinced it’ll never come.

Now though it’s remarkably premature in my eyes to suggest it’s an “obscene” waste of money or a “blunder”.

No argument that different decisions might’ve yielded differeng scenarios - hindsight is fantastic though.

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am just glad we are in a position where we can waste a large amount of money on a youngster. In the past we have spent it on wastrels.

Agree on the wastrel bit but that was mostly down to the vermin trying to run the show . I'm all for signing young players like that for a bit of money even if they have to flit between the U23's and first team squad in their development.  But when you are talking these sums of money over the next four years or however it is structured it really needs to be balanced against the first teams immediate requirements and where you want to be at the end of this season and next.

That's where it falls down a bit a Rovers now with this signing.

• Like 1