BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Another one for Nutts too.

Maybe we need to be dropping Graham and playing these two!

Hope that once we are confirmed safe Mowbray picks a load of youngsters.

If you'd seen the game Stuart you wouldn't be saying that.  I would, however, love to see Danny Butterworth being given a chance to play just behind Graham - that would be interesting.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Ahead of our best player? Or wide as you suggest he played tonight?

Personally, I'd love to see him playing just behind Graham for a game or two towards the end of the season.  Danny has that yard of pace to get away from defenders and he would be great picking up Graham's knock-downs.  He's young and still raw but there is a certain something about him - very much in the Speedie style in terms of aggression and involvement in games.  

11 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Personally, I'd love to see him playing just behind Graham for a game or two towards the end of the season.  Danny has that yard of pace to get away from defenders and he would be great picking up Graham's knock-downs.  He's young and still raw but there is a certain something about him - very much in the Speedie style in terms of aggression and involvement in games.  

Now I’m excited. Get him in Tony!

9 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

If you'd seen the game Stuart you wouldn't be saying that.  I would, however, love to see Danny Butterworth being given a chance to play just behind Graham - that would be interesting.

Agree, think Butterworth is the next youngster to be bloodied, looks very sharp, and. Buckley  not far behind.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unsall said:

Agree, think Butterworth is the next youngster to be bloodied, looks very sharp, and. Buckley  not far behind.

Fully agree with you about Buckley.  He looks so wonderfully balanced when on the ball he almost seems to glide past opponents and, of course, can pick out a pass to set his front men going.  He's one we really need to get to sign a long term contract.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Fully agree with you about Buckley.  He looks so wonderfully balanced when on the ball he almost seems to glide past opponents and, of course, can pick out a pass to set his front men going.  He's one we really need to get to sign a long term contract.

We've had many juniors but that's the best reference you've ever given PB! Must be some player.

Let's hope we don't lose him before he ever plays for us.

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

One of my Man Utd supporting mates started asking me about Buckley at the weekend, saying he'd heard a lot of top clubs were looking him, including United. It was news to me, but it going by your comments it sounds like there might be some merit to it.

55 minutes ago, DE. said:

One of my Man Utd supporting mates started asking me about Buckley at the weekend, saying he'd heard a lot of top clubs were looking him, including United. It was news to me, but it going by your comments it sounds like there might be some merit to it.

Your mate must read the redtops then - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8463696/man-utd-liverpool-blackburn-buckley-contract/