BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Hmmm...I am sure he is in a bit of a crisis.No shame in tears, as far as I am concerned. He is certainly visibly lacking in confidence.

At the moment, he looks shit, I know, but booing aint going to help one bit. 

Playing the poor lad out wide has done it.  It is idiotic.

I honestly think when a new man finally comes in, we'll see the quotes of players 'enjoying training' again and growing in confidence. Mowbray castrates the skill, individuality and belief of young players and (ironically) simply favours ball retention. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Playing the poor lad out wide has done it.  It is idiotic.

Funnily enough I read a few Forest fans’ views after the game the other day and they said how he went downhill once their gaffer (at the time) started playing him out wide. I’m convinced he’ll never make a footballer full stop, but Mowbray has a hell of a lot to answer for as since day dot he’s persisted with this ‘wide forward’ nonsense.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who is talking about suicide? Bit of a leap there. My point that I dont think he is cut out for the ruthless world of football 

We are talking about mental health. I have never had a problem with this and I hope you haven't either but I hope those of us who have been fortunate can just try to be a little bit more understanding with men who cry

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Obviously there isn't any shame in tears, it's just people have real issues. An overpaid footballer who doesnt really work very hard doesn't get my sympathy radar going. 

Come on ; why do you think is he overpaid and not working hard. It looks like his transfer at the price paid has been a terrible mistake but the tears show that he does care.

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

We are talking about mental health. I have never had a problem with this and I hope you haven't either but I hope those of us who have been fortunate can just try to be a little bit more understanding with men who cry

Again,you're taking a leap saying he has mental health issues. You have no clue. I have no issue with men crying , as I said though, people do have real problems. If he's crying because he got booed,he's in the wrong business. If he has something more serious wrong with him,which I dont believe he does, well then he shouldnt be playing. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Funnily enough I read a few Forest fans’ views after the game the other day and they said how he went downhill once their gaffer (at the time) started playing him out wide. I’m convinced he’ll never make a footballer full stop, but Mowbray has treated him appallingly since day dot with this wide forward nonsense.

I honestly don't get it.  At times, Antonsson looked pretty good as a left-sided semi-striker - other than that it hasn't worked. It is his preferred tactic and it seems an obsession that Mowbray has to do that with ever striker other than Graham. It's a computer game tactic.

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Come on ; why do you think is he overpaid and not working hard. It looks like his transfer at the price paid has been a terrible mistake but the tears show that he does care.

Because I see him playing and he doesn't be busting a gut. The tears dont show he cares to be honest. Trying harder on field would show that. 

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How about criticizing the literacy skills of young men?

• Like 2

• Backroom

Not going to happen for the lad here is it? I've said it before but he desperately needs a loan move away from the club as it seems to be dragging him down personally as well as professionally at this point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Really well said, at the end of the day the players are human and seeing a young man cry is never a nice sight. A lot of the blame for that falls to Mowbray and the club. Mowbray has never seemed to be caring or supportive of young players. He plays favourite, calls out younger players in the press and just generally seems to be a really poor man manager.

If it is true there were "supporters" booing the primary responsibility falls on them, not the manager.

Forest ST holder tweeted me ' the only person who thought Ben was a 6 million pound player was Tony Mowbray for some reason' 

Think that says a lot, the reason he thought that are open to close scrutiny now.

I do genuinely feel for the lad, not because he was allegedly scriking but because pf the miss management of it all that's now resulting in all the blame coming his way.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

Forest ST holder tweeted me ' the only person who thought Ben was a 6 million pound player was Tony Mowbray for some reason' 

Hang on a second, I read their boards when it happened, and not only were a lot of their fans bemoaning him leaving the club, but they were complaining the price was too cheap aswell. 

They rated him pretty highly as a player. One for the future.

So, have we ruined him? Or was he one of those that showed early flashes of promise but they were a false dawn?

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Hang on a second, I read their boards when it happened, and not only were a lot of their fans bemoaning him leaving the club, but they were complaining the price was too cheap aswell. 

They rated him pretty highly as a player. One for the future.

So, have we ruined him? Or was he one of those that showed early flashes of promise but they were a false dawn?

From what i remember it was very mixed with the general feeling coming across as one of disappointed to lose him but understandable for that money.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If it is true there were "supporters" booing the primary responsibility falls on them, not the manager.

Yep agreed. Just taking about the long term failure of the manager to protect players. His recent failed Buckley experiment being another case

No wonder crowds dwindle it seems you can't now show your displeasure at your inept thousands of pounds per week football team, players, manager without being held accountable for their feelings.

Yet the fans subject to this crap but bound by loyalty regularly get reduced to tears but don't expect similar concerns for their welfare coming their way.

Some might say it's all part and parcel of it all and just get on with it !

Edited by tomphil

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was all for giving Brereton a chance, but I think he is one if the worst players I have seen in a long time.

Apparently he started crying today when he was booed. People are giving out about the fans. Personally I think its pathetic that an adult man is crying. Every single player gets booed at some point 

Where have you seen that he cried?

As a primary teacher, the only suitable analogy I can think of is when Year 5/6 boys are playing football at break and a reception child starts following them. He's not really affecting anything and they just ignore him. Certainly no chance of him getting the ball off them. That's how far off Brereton is from Championship football.