BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Putting Crygate to one side, the BB transfer has been a disaster from day 1. He didn't even want to come here initially from what I recall - being so far from from family and friends at a young age. Have to remember that he is still a young lad but the fee combined with never really getting a sustained run in the side and in his actual position has essentially drained all confidence it seems.

Not sure I see any future here for him now and it would be best for him and us to draw a line under his time here now and find him another club where he can have a fresh start. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Pretty sure we did, but Villa blew us out of the water.

Wasn't that another one where Mowbray said he would have to compete with Smallwood and Evans and wouldn't be a guaranteed starter? 

It was early in the transfer window, we could have got that one sorted before Villa even looked at him.

9 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Wasn't that another one where Mowbray said he would have to compete with Smallwood and Evans and wouldn't be a guaranteed starter? 

It was early in the transfer window, we could have got that one sorted before Villa even looked at him.

He said centre midfield was a position which didn't need spending:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/14/tony-mowbray-says-he-looked-at-john-mcginn-before-aston-villa-mo/

The best thing that could happen is for him to go out on loan in January to a League One/League Two club to play some games and try to build a bit of confidence back. 

Unfortunately, for political reasons I don’t think that will happen. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

The best thing that could happen is for him to go out on loan in January to a League One/League Two club to play some games and try to build a bit of confidence back. 

Unfortunately, for political reasons I don’t think that will happen. 

Sadly we were saying exactly the same this time last year and i think we'll be saying the same this time next, not just about Ben !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Missing out on John McGinn and saying Harrison Reed needed to learn how to play central midfield from Evans and Smallwood were among Mowbray’s worst comments....

When I have time I'm seriously going to make the Tony or Tosh? quiz.

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Has England grown a few inches in the time I've been away? Are Planes, Trains, and Automobiles banned? Is moving house an unknown concept?

I keep seeing the excuse for crap footballers being that they are far from home.

Lol. Completely true.

England is tiny. When you've been to (or lived in massive country) this really hits home. Try 14 hours on a bus just to reach the next City. ?

Far too many snowflakes and excuse monkeys in little England.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Missing out on John McGinn and saying Harrison Reed needed to learn how to play central midfield from Evans and Smallwood were among Mowbray’s worst comments....

Ughh. When you look back there are some sickening comments made by Mowbray. Theres so much crap coming from him you forget the past howlers. 

This is as bad as anything would have said. 

This last weekend was the worst he has been.  Zero confidence now.  I blame Mowbary 100%.  The boy was.actially.hidi g moving away from.getting.the ball.  Never made a proper effort again to.get.the ball when a decent amount of effort would have got him there first.  We need to loan him out so he can rebuild himself.  Had a good pre season then Mowbary sits him down.  We are chasing a goal in a game.early.in the season, Charlton.was.it? and Mowbary prefers Buckley.  Just imagine what.might.have.been had Brereton came on and scored.  We'd be looking at a different player I'll bet...The message Mowbary sent to him that day would have been soul.destroying for a sensitive young kid.  Mowbary does that type of stuff over and over.  Killed Travis's natural game.too.  Several players with potential he has spiralled backwards.  Holtby is the latest one.

• Like 1

Nice one Tom, another week of Rovers fans being categorised as ‘horrible boo boys’, though he’s had excellent support from the vast majority of fans...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18140138.a-poisoned-chalice-currently-ben-brereton-rovers/

Oh and work out what a ‘poisoned chalice ‘ means before you try and use it in an article!

It’s all done for mutual back-slapping and retweets from that particular Twitter sub section of Rovers fans, which I suppose is vital if you want your articles read in a digital age.

Nice way to throw a largely very supportive fanbase under the bus though...

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Nice one Tom, another week of Rovers fans being categorised as ‘horrible boo boys’, though he’s had excellent support from the vast majority of fans...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18140138.a-poisoned-chalice-currently-ben-brereton-rovers/

Oh and work out what a ‘poisoned chalice ‘ means before you try and use it in an article!

Another one who harps on about negativity, excellent. They might as well have kept Simon Smith on. I think fans on the terraces have been incredibly patient with Brereton to be honest.

Judging by Mowbray’s call to arms in the LT the other day, the only person who can fix this, is Brereton himself!

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Another one who harps on about negativity, excellent. They might as well have kept Simon Smith on. I think fans on the terraces have been incredibly patient with Brereton to be honest.

Judging by Mowbray’s call to arms in the LT the other day, the only person who can fix this, is Brereton himself!

That's about the size of it. If Brereton does start scoring,I don't think any of us would be unhappy about it. 

Let's pretend Mowbray does the right thing.

Which club would take Brereton on loan? I'd say there would have to be favourable terms for them - ie. With Rovers continuing to pay his wages. As a continued viewer of the EFL goals show I note that there are actually some decent finishers in the 3rd and even the 4th division. So I can't see many teams taking a punt unless it's basically a 'freebie'.

Edited by Husky