BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Not sure on what his injury situation is like but someone like Wells would've been a decent signing as back up to Graham. Not really any chance of value increase at 28 but he would've carried more goal threat than Samuel or BB and probably contributed enough to justify a modest transfer fee.

Then again he'd probably have been plonked on the wing so maybe not !

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

But he couldn't possibly have been a target could he given that he only became available so late in the window? His sudden availability must have made him the main target st the expense of other.

I would have thought if Mowbray rated him so highly he would have enquired about his availability before Forest circulated his name so late in the window.

Maybe Mowbray enquire about him earlier in the summer and told not for sale. No idea but maybe someone can asked Mowbray about the transfer at next fans meeting. 

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yannick Wildschut, Harry Wilson, Mason Mount, Chris Martin, Andreas Weimann, Oliver Norwood (dingle), Tomer Hemed, Nakhi Wells (dingle), Marley Watkins, Barry McKay. All moved for £2 million or thereabouts or loans. I'm sure Sam Gallagher and Harrison Reed would have been available for those sort of figures too and in my opinion would have been very decent permanent signings who would increase in value.

Plenty of others floating around too.

Just find the whole thing odd. Completely out of club character to invest big money in one player in one position whilst dealing in loans and frees elsewhere.

Conspiracy theory alert again but something not right with the Jacob Davenport signing either.

I've already said that I was satisfied with our summer business, and welcomed the Brereton signing, and I'm not daft enough to be labelling him a waste of money or a failure after 4 substitute appearances in the league. Likewise the celebrations we witnessed on here when we signed Kasey Palmer have so far shown to be misplaced.

Wasnt Gallagher available for 8 or 10 mil in summer? 

One or two of that list I would have wanted here. 

Can you explain what not right with Davenport signing? 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Yannick Wildschut, Harry Wilson, Mason Mount, Chris Martin, Andreas Weimann, Oliver Norwood (dingle), Tomer Hemed, Nakhi Wells (dingle), Marley Watkins, Barry McKay. All moved for £2 million or thereabouts or loans. I'm sure Sam Gallagher and Harrison Reed would have been available for those sort of figures too and in my opinion would have been very decent permanent signings who would increase in value.

Just find the whole thing odd. Completely out of club character to invest big money in one player in one position whilst dealing in loans and frees elsewhere.

Conspiracy theory alert again but something not right with the Jacob Davenport signing either.

I've already said that I was satisfied with our summer business, and welcomed the Brereton signing, and I'm not daft enough to be labelling him a waste of money or a failure after 4 substitute appearances in the league. Likewise the celebrations we witnessed on here when we signed Kasey Palmer have so far shown to be misplaced.

Not to mention the Gladwin signing. Remember him ? Looks like he came with an injury and he's been missing for almost a year now !

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Some good players on that list but very much doubt we would have got Gallagher for 2 million and he is on 23k a week at Southampton. 

Iv heard from a couple of people that we did enquire to take Reed on a permanent deal but the player himself still hopes to make it at Southampton.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You could be right but we'll never know now. To be honest if you're just looking at one player who would guarantee us promotion we needed to put the boat out for Ronaldo.

Jaysus,  maybe not at the moment.. Could be drastically improving some prison team shortly though 

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not to mention the Gladwin signing. Remember him ? Looks like he came with an injury and he's been missing for almost a year now !

I fully agree with what both Tyrone and JHRover have said. I can also throw into the mix a potential signing for free late in the close season,  who was the answer to all of our natural width and pace issues in attack and more besides. He was shown the door after a 2 week trial, where he picked up a niggling injury after 3 days and was never truly given an opportunity to demonstrate his abundance of skills. The decision in my opinion was definitely of a political nature, when it was made clear that there was no agent involved whatsoever. Before anyone asks, I am not prepared to elaborate further other than to state it is a fact in every respect. 

In addition to those previously mentioned, you can add Caddis and Whittingham too.

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I fully agree with what both Tyrone and JHRover have said. I can also throw into the mix a potential signing for free late in the close season,  who was the answer to all of our natural width and pace issues in attack and more besides. He was shown the door after a 2 week trial, where he picked up a niggling injury after 3 days and was never truly given an opportunity to demonstrate his abundance of skills. The decision in my opinion was definitely of a political nature, when it was made clear that there was no agent involved whatsoever. Before anyone asks, I am not prepared to elaborate further other than to state it is a fact in every respect. 

In addition to those previously mentioned, you can add Caddis and Whittingham too.

Thanks for sharing

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Give us a bit more of a clue?

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I was hoping we'd gone beyond the days of carrot dangling......

• Like 2

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Not much to go on there beyond 'your opinion'. It's therefore not fact.

Sure :) 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Can't think of  a single good reason for you to not elaborate further so long after the fact. No source would need to be protected if he was on trial, as a leak could come from a large number of people.

My own take on Brereton.

He needs to be given time by us all , all the skating he's getting you'd think he was a seasoned pro. He's 19 and has been here for barely longer than 6 weeks, of which 1 of those was away with England. He's here for what, 4 or 5 years? I don't think we'll start to see the real player for a few months yet, needs to get his feet under the table.

What I saw from him on Wednesday night was something different to what Graham offers. He's tall but not as strong or game savvy as Graham, but he clearly has pace and intelligence. He looks like he wants to play off the shoulder of his defender, and made 3 or 4 arching runs but wasn't picked out by the man on the ball, meaning his contribution was worthless. If he keeps making those runs, he'll get played in eventually and can chase the ball down the channels or in towards goal, leaving space behind for others (Bennett, Dack, Rothwell, Palmer, whoever) to fill and support. I think once this approach becomes embedded in the team it will prove very fruitful, and add to our variety of play.

As for the lace tying, he'd had his foot trodden on in a challenge, which seemed to dislodge his boot. So he had to take the boot off, then untie the laces in order to put the boot back on again and then tie it up. It took him about a minute whilst play went on around him. I think too much is being made of it by some who seem keen to knock him whenever & however they can.  That's not going to help anyone, so I urge everyone not to prejudge him, expect too much too soon & just give the boy a chance.

• Like 4

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

My own take on Brereton.

He needs to be given time by us all , all the skating he's getting you'd think he was a seasoned pro. He's 19 and has been here for barely longer than 6 weeks, of which 1 of those was away with England. He's here for what, 4 or 5 years? I don't think we'll start to see the real player for a few months yet, needs to get his feet under the table.

What I saw from him on Wednesday night was something different to what Graham offers. He's tall but not as strong or game savvy as Graham, but he clearly has pace and intelligence. He looks like he wants to play off the shoulder of his defender, and made 3 or 4 arching runs but wasn't picked out by the man on the ball, meaning his contribution was worthless. If he keeps making those runs, he'll get played in eventually and can chase the ball down the channels or in towards goal, leaving space behind for others (Bennett, Dack, Rothwell, Palmer, whoever) to fill and support. I think once this approach becomes embedded in the team it will prove very fruitful, and add to our variety of play.

As for the lace tying, he'd had his foot trodden on in a challenge, which seemed to dislodge his boot. So he had to take the boot off, then untie the laces in order to put the boot back on again and then tie it up. It took him about a minute whilst play went on around him. I think too much is being made of it by some who seem keen to knock him whenever & however they can.  That's not going to help anyone, so I urge everyone not to prejudge him, expect too much too soon & just give the boy a chance.

This is what the fee does though. He gets judged differntly becasue of it. Happens at every club when big money is spent, even more so on strikers. Its the way of the world

If he cost 350k then this thread would be on page 2 now and not page 17 and we'd all be saying nice things how he looks pacey and for 19 looks promosing

• Like 2