BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The lad needs a run of games as a centre forward and this tactic of playing strikers as wide men needs to be abandoned.

Seems to be doing well as right side of front 3. 

Why wouldnt you want to play Adam Armstrong as the 1st choice number 9 this season? 

So Stuart how would you line up your forward line and would you stick to play 4-3-3?

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So Stuart how would you line up your forward line and would you stick to play 4-3-3?

Not a huge fan of 4-3-3 but Mowbray’s lack of balance probably makes that the best option.

So, as you’ve twisted my arm, to include Brezza, I’ll go...

2B070140-FE72-45E9-B478-AFEAAA863EA4.thumb.jpeg.37ed5cb2cc2ef8e41a9a7f027e677640.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not a huge fan of 4-3-3 but Mowbray’s lack of balance probably makes that the best option.

2B070140-FE72-45E9-B478-AFEAAA863EA4.thumb.jpeg.37ed5cb2cc2ef8e41a9a7f027e677640.jpeg

Dack certainly cant play wide. Thats not a criticism of you, all of them 3 forwards plus Gallagher would want to play down the middle so its so hard to get more than 1 or 2 into the team without compromising their position.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack certainly cant play wide. Thats not a criticism of you, all of them 3 forwards plus Gallagher would want to play down the middle so its so hard to get more than 1 or 2 into the team without compromising their position.

I don’t see 4-3-3 as having wide forwards. Maybe I should have put them in a 4-3-2-1 formation but the question was asked.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

No place for Gallagher and I think.that was a far worse signing than Brereton..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i`ll reserve my judgement till he`s performed consistently in a real matches against determined opponents,for seven million quid i expect the real deal tbh,everything i`ve seen from him so far has been extremely pathetic

His two finishes against Blackpool were the best two finishes I've seen by a Rovers player for a long time.

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Thanks for answer Stuart ?

I would play for the Bournemouth game

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan New signing New signing

Travis Johnson Holtby

Brereton     Armstrong   Rothwell/Chapman

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Playing 4-3-3 doesn't mean you are playing with wingers. Brereton played the right side of 3 under Warburton for Forest and did well in that role. 

• Like 1

Strikers thrive on service and on confidence most of them know where the net is but they won't hit it regularly without the other 2.

Give him and his natural position and a run of games, same with Gallagher although he really needs the service of a winger so those 2 will probably not gel in the same line up.  Having said that a front 3 of Brereton right, Gallagher middle and Armstrong left could and should be a decent enough forward line if it's worked on hard enough.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

The lad needs a run of games as a centre forward and this tactic of playing strikers as wide men needs to be abandoned.

It is a stupid stupid thing Mowbary does but what angers me most is he persists with it even after we all see it does not work. If you want a winger play a Chapman.  Or buy a fecking winger, 12 million would have got us a couple of decent wingers.  One(s) who might get actually crosses in for a tall centre forward.  Mowbary needs gone, I like him, I enjoy to listen to him but he is never leading us any where but mid table comfort zone and just enough to keep his job.  Let's move on and take advantage if some decent up and coming young lads before he destroys them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for answer Stuart ?

I would play for the Bournemouth game

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan New signing New signing

Travis Johnson Holtby

Brereton     Armstrong   Rothwell/Chapman

Playing 4-3-3 doesn't mean you are playing with wingers. Brereton played the right side of 3 under Warburton for Forest and did well in that role. 

Something must have gone awry if Chapman is potentially in your opening day line up considering that you rubbished any notion of him even making the bench throughout last season.

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Something must have gone awry if Chapman is potentially in your opening day line up considering that you rubbished any notion of him even making the bench throughout last season.

Yes last season performances were good enough in the 23's and his lazy attitude in those games which you wouldnt have seen would you? 

In 2 pre season games he has been much better. Looks like penny has drop finally! But Like I said earlier that spot is wide open. Up to someone to grab that shirt. 3 games to do in

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes last season performances were good enough in the 23's and his lazy attitude in those games which you wouldnt have seen would you? 

In 2 pre season games he has been much better. Looks like penny has drop finally! But Like I said earlier that spot is wide open. Up to someone to grab that shit. 3 games to do in

:lol:

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think if he was played central he would still spend most of his time out wide. He prefers it, and gravitates to the wings.

He’s no use to us then I’m afraid. A wide player he ain’t and we are missing a centre forward without Graham and Samuel.

Brereton looked better today, admittedly he’s set himself a very low bar. But @joey_big_nose and @Stuart are spot on. He’s never an effective centre forward in a million years. He only seems to want to pick the ball up wide and deep and run with it, doesn’t seem willing, able or inclined to get in goal scoring positions. While he was effective on occasion today, Armstrong, Rothwell, Dack and now Dolan are all better at doing what he does than him. If we are going to play this 4-3-3 we need a focal point to our attack. It’s certainly not Brereton.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Brereton looked better today, admittedly he’s set himself a very low bar. But @joey_big_nose and @Stuart are spot on. He’s never an effective centre forward in a million years. He only seems to want to pick the ball up wide and deep and run with it, doesn’t seem willing, able or inclined to get in goal scoring positions. While he was effective on occasion today, Armstrong, Rothwell, Dack and now Dolan are all better at doing what he does than him. If we are going to play this 4-3-3 we need a focal point to our attack. It’s certainly not Brereton.

Yup. I would like to see how Gallagher as a proper central striker. He has the attributes, and more of an inclination to be a central player if he is played there.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

In 2 pre season games he has been much better. Looks like penny has drop finally! But Like I said earlier that spot is wide open. Up to someone to grab that shirt. 3 games to do in

Chapman isnt at this standard and Rothwell isnt a forward player. Let's hope Dolan can build on the last couple of games because we really need another option on the right of the 3

13 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Brereton missed a virtual sitter yesterday, but I thought he was otherwise very good. He seems to be using his strength a lot better to shake players off instead of tumbling to the ground or getting out-muscled all the time. He was also wriggling away from multiple players at a time with relative ease.

I think he's in for a good season.

He's been encouraging pre season - penalty miss and sitter aside.  Although I'm still not sure what he is.  He's more natural out wide than Gallagher, but not really a winger...or a number 9. I suppose inside forward?  His body strength is definitely much improved and he seems a yard faster.  Although he may always have had that pace just offset with his gangling style when he arrived.

Interesting to see how he progresses this year. 

• Like 1

I think he's been the player of pre-season so far, despite the two clangers. I'm encouraged by his body language out on the pitch at the moment, he seems stronger and I think that has helped. Everything to prove still but I disagree with those that feel he might not have a role here, he would be in my starting 11 either side of Armstrong with Dolan on the other as things stand. 

• Like 2