BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

10 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

We don’t have a DG anymore.

Get Arma, Dack, Holtby and Brereton on the pitch and we’ll score plenty.

Brereton is not a goal scorer and never will be, I'm still not convinced he is a footballer. We can quite easily get Dack in his best position and still get Armstrong and Holby on the pitch. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Brereton is not a goal scorer and never will be, I'm still not convinced he is a footballer. We can quite easily get Dack in his best position and still get Armstrong and Holby on the pitch. 

I’m confident BB will contribute plenty this season.

But if we are trying to reignite the Dack that we have known and loved then we will need a proper centre forward.

We don’t have that player yet so get Bradley up top.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Chapman isnt at this standard and Rothwell isnt a forward player. Let's hope Dolan can build on the last couple of games because we really need another option on the right of the 3

Judging by Chapman's performance yesterday he isn't the standard. 

I like Rothwell and I would be playing him regular. 

I would be playing Brereton on the right, Armstrong centre and Rothwell left for the Bournemouth game. Dolan off the bench

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I find it amazing that we're in a situation where we think Rothwell shoudl be a regular starter. To my mind, JRC should be playing there, but I suspect he can't because we're so limited in our full-back options at the moment.

Nyambe sounds like he's close to returning to the starting XI. When he does, I think Bell should be replaced with Bennett (temporarily), provided it allows us to put JRC in one of the wide forward positions. I'm certain that JRC would be more comfortable with that, and he's already shown how much more effective he can be in that area than Rothwell has ever done.

I'm a fan of Rothwell. So I would be starting him at Bournemouth. Rothwell could also play the Holtby role of the deep playmaker. 

Yes you are correct that Rankin Costello can play that wide left role of 3 man forward line and I would be interest to see how he does there. It is also why I don't think we need player in the front 3 as we have enough options. 

We have options and different forward options now

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Judging by Chapman's performance yesterday he isn't the standard. 

I like Rothwell and I would be playing him regular. 

I would be playing Brereton on the right, Armstrong centre and Rothwell left for the Bournemouth game. Dolan off the bench

I think Rothwell is better deeper and driving. 

26 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Not with his back to goal he’s not. 

Dack thrives off a human wall to play off if he’s in the 10 role.

Dack is a good enough to player to play link up with anyone in front of him. Armstrong will be even better at centre forward with Dack behind him as he will have someone who is capable of feeding him with a quick forward pass and we lack players who want to pass the ball forward. If Dack plays as a centre forward he will get frustrated and end up dropping deeper and deeper to try and get on the ball.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I think Rothwell is better deeper and driving. 

fair point. I just think he has the ability to score more goals and assists more than he is currently

7 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I fully agree with that. Even after having let go of Samuel and Graham, who - let's face it - did not make a difference to us last season and were expendable, it looks like we have plenty going for our front line. We've always been pretty good at scoring goals under Mowbray. The reason why JRC (and Bennett, even!) is stuck back there is because our defence is looking rather thin. We definitely need to prioritise a defender or two in the coming days/weeks. Itching to see JRC play as a wide forward!

I agree that we are good enough going forward and score goals under Mowbray but we need 3 more defenders in. Think he knows this aswell

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm voicing an opinion on him that is the idea of a forum. It's up to him with his performances to change my mind and in 2 years at the club he has been unable to.

Chances he will ever come to something will reduce as long as fans continue to pressure him the way they do.

Striker position is a difficult one to be successful in, especially when fans are hostile.

It's not his fault how much money the club spent on him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Chances he will ever come to something will reduce as long as fans continue to pressure him the way they do.

Striker position is a difficult one to be successful in, especially when fans are hostile.

It's not his fault how much money the club spent on him.

So it's the fan fault that he has mustered 2 goal's in 2 years? There was me thinking that it was him not being good enough and Mowbray for paying well above his worth but how stupid of me of course it is the fans fault.  If a bit of stick from fans for his performance's are going to reduce his chances of coming to something, then he obviously doesn't have the right mentality to be a striker. I'd also dispute that the fans have been hostile to him I think that they have been remarkably patient and offered a lot of good will to him, he'd have certainly got a lot more stick from supporters at other clubs.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

So it's the fan fault that he has mustered 2 goal's in 2 years? There was me thinking that it was him not being good enough and Mowbray for paying well above his worth but how stupid of me of course it is the fans fault.  If a bit of stick from fans for his performance's are going to reduce his chances of coming to something, then he obviously doesn't have the right mentality to be a striker. I'd also dispute that the fans have been hostile to him I think that they have been remarkably patient and offered a lot of good will to him, he'd have certainly got a lot more stick from supporters at other clubs.  

Fan pressure can effect a player as can price tags. See Fernando Alonso for instance

You don't have to look any further than messages directed at him on social networking sites to see the kind of abusive rhetoric directed at him and we all know it is directed at him from the stands.

He was signed up by Notts Forest and Rovers. He is undoubtedly a talented lad.

Would be genuinely interested to know what sporting qualifications you have to judge his potential.

• Like 2

Ah yes, blaming Breretons failings on "abusive" fans.

He has never got abuse hurled at him from the stands. Lets not make out that hes constantly abused.

You dont need to be an expert to conclude that so far he has shown very, very little bar 2 goals in 2 dead rubbers. And posting criticism on an internet messageboard is the place to do it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ah yes, blaming Breretons failings on "abusive" fans.

He has never got abuse hurled at him from the stands. Lets not make out that hes constantly abused.

You dont need to be an expert to conclude that so far he has shown very, very little bar 2 goals in 2 dead rubbers. And posting criticism on an internet messageboard is the place to do it.

He has looked excellent since his return from lockdown. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vilesinner said:

He has looked excellent since his return from lockdown. 

I think that he definitely looks improved but there is definitely also a thing whereby the standards he set were previously so low that the benchmark is practically non existent.

His big 3 moments in terms of having sights of goal in competitive games, one he scored v Reading, one v Bristol City when he slipped on his arse and yesterday when he missed an open net.

There are promising signs but he needs to start scoring goals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

You're the only one mentioning abuse with Brereton. The word "pressure" was used. Why does it need to be so polarised?

You would think it was in the forum rules to only make polarised posts, the way most carry on.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1