Stuart

Ben Brereton

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Waggott on Breteton, 

With the tweaking of the window, it had to be a loan deal, but we are looking in January to make that permanent.”

Just looking to?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16984616.rovers-have-big-belief-in-brereton-says-ceo-waggott/?ref=mac

The deal is agreed. Terms of deal was pretty simple. Miss spoke there. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The deal is agreed. Terms of deal was pretty simple. Miss spoke there. 

How could you possibly know this?

I agree. People reading far too much into this if they believe that Rovers have the option to make it permanent but aren't obliged to.

Can't see one reason why Forest would ever agree to such an arrangement. Why not just send him on loan and see how he does?

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Waggott on Breteton, 

With the tweaking of the window, it had to be a loan deal, but we are looking in January to make that permanent.”

Just looking to?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16984616.rovers-have-big-belief-in-brereton-says-ceo-waggott/?ref=mac

Just a turn of phrase. The deal is done. 

Of course, they speak like politicians that often these corporate types that they hedge their language even for done deals.

On 12/10/2018 at 17:47, Red said:

Disappointment.

I think most Forest fans were disappointed he was being sold.  We are very proud of our academy and the players that have come through.  We love seeing players graduate to the first team and have an impact.  (We actually picked Brereton up at 16 after his release from Stoke, but the attachment is still there).

We've also seen a lot get sold earlier than we like.  Often for big fees, but usually it's just a bit too early. (See Ollie Burke - who was winning us games single handedly, now barely makes WBA's bench).

Now there's a warning to Dack if he fancies that particular move..............

but would Burke be a viable makeweight in any deal that might be struck at £20M ish

What a shocker of a performance from Ben Brereton against Sheffield United..... he couldn't control the ball, had no pace, didnt know where to run, hed no strength in his shooting and basically looked like he didn't have a clue. 

Could not believe what I saw after enthusiasticly giving such a warm welcome he was poor and thats putting it mildly.

An older supporter compared him to John Omara from the early seventies.

Edited by JAL

On 16/10/2018 at 11:50, Glosrover said:

Now there's a warning to Dack if he fancies that particular move..............

but would Burke be a viable makeweight in any deal that might be struck at £20M ish

I'd have Burke for Dack any day of the week.

On 17/10/2018 at 23:53, Sparks Rover said:

Something tells me you dont really rate Dack that much. 

On 16/10/2018 at 09:23, JHRover said:

I agree. People reading far too much into this if they believe that Rovers have the option to make it permanent but aren't obliged to.

Can't see one reason why Forest would ever agree to such an arrangement. Why not just send him on loan and see how he does?

What if the player became disillusioned at not getting a game and turned down the transfer......

40 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

What if the player became disillusioned at not getting a game and turned down the transfer......

I presume that wouldn't be an option, I suspect the contract he signed in August contained permanent terms that would come into play in January.

On 17/10/2018 at 16:53, Sparks Rover said:

On current form? Have you been drinking?

Edited by K-Hod

3 hours ago, Glosrover said:

Lucky escape? Just a thought!

Now where can we spend that 7M to take us up?

Edited by 47er

8 minutes ago, 47er said:

Lucky escape? Just a thought!

Now where can we spend that 7M to take us up?

What age are you? Do you remember what it was like being 19? Would you not have the empathy to support and give a young lad time to settle in and get a few games under his belt? 

12 hours ago, K-Hod said:

On current form? Have you been drinking?

My opinion.  I saw Burke when he was very young, and I'm convinced he could be world class if managed right. Dack, he can't even make 90 mins without blowing out his arse. Love him but not as good in my opinion 

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

My opinion.  I saw Burke when he was very young, and I'm convinced he could be world class if managed right. Dack, he can't even make 90 mins without blowing out his arse. Love him but not as good in my opinion 

Burke had been managed pretty well I would say, yet he can't make the West Brom team. 

On 17/10/2018 at 16:53, Sparks Rover said:

I wouldn't. But if the deal happens Burke would be an excellent swap with money to strengthen elsewhere. If it has to happen I'd be doing everything to get Burke come the other way

Big concerns with Brereton and the signing baffles me.

His touch today was very poor and game management/intelligence worse. Mowbray had to switch him to the left to tell him what to do and to close down. 19 or not that’s basic....

Needs to improve quickly.

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

Big concerns with Brereton and the signing baffles me.

His touch today was very poor and game management/intelligence worse. Mowbray had to switch him to the left to tell him what to do and to close down. 19 or not that’s basic....

Needs to improve quickly.

Oh come on, is that your major take away from today? 

He has things he needs to improve, but give him time. We are 5th and he is getting game time. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh come on, is that your major take away from today? 

He has things he needs to improve, but give him time. We are 5th and he is getting game time. 

it's the Brereton thread, not the match thread:rolleyes: Where do you want him/her to give his/her opinion?