BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Its a circular argument. He doesn't play therefore we can't judge him, he's not good enough therefore he doesn't play so we can't judge him 

I know if we need a goal and I turn round and I can pick from Palmer, Rothwell or Brereton....Brereton is bottom of my list, with JR top.  I just cant understand what he's up to keep bringing him on. 

All credit to the lad today.

Poor start, awful miss then ghosts past three players in midfield and the confidence surges and he has a really good spell either side of half time. Right at the start of he second half he was cruelly robbed of a clear run on goal by a drag back the opposition player should have been sent off for.

Mowbray should not have subbed either Brereton or Palmer. Williams and Bennett were falling to pieces yet stayed on.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

He did OK to say he's barely played. Needs a run of games, preferably against easier opposition too, unlikely to happen mind..... 

Yep, our young players need to plait sawdust  every single game or they get dropped like Nuttall who scored 4 in 5 last season then who as soon as he didn't score was dropped never to be seen again.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

3 hours ago, philipl said:

All credit to the lad today.

Poor start, awful miss then ghosts past three players in midfield and the confidence surges and he has a really good spell either side of half time. Right at the start of he second half he was cruelly robbed of a clear run on goal by a drag back the opposition player should have been sent off for.

Mowbray should not have subbed either Brereton or Palmer. Williams and Bennett were falling to pieces yet stayed on.

Agreed. If today had been his debut, there wouldn’t be too much angst about him. He got next-to-no service and his coming short for the ball fitted well with having two central mids who can pass. 

Simple for me - I thought we'd signed a fooking striker. Now I know he is somewhat young, and probably not the finished article we'd rather have, but something tells me this lad doesn't know how to hit a barn door with a fooking banjo. Get shut (if we can), and re-invest the cash on some hard nut who knows how to head a ball away from the freeking nets at the OTHER end of the fecking pitch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Simple for me - I thought we'd signed a fooking striker. Now I know he is somewhat young, and probably not the finished article we'd rather have, but something tells me this lad doesn't know how to hit a barn door with a fooking banjo. Get shut (if we can), and re-invest the cash on some hard nut who knows how to head a ball away from the freeking nets at the OTHER end of the fecking pitch. 

Just imagine how many points better of we would be if we spent that £7 Million on a marksman like Billy Sharp. We had £7 Million and rather than buy a proven goal scorer we gambled it on a dud. We are paying £7 Million for Brereton on January 1st, if we weren't and he was going back to Forest after his loan no club would even pay £1 Million for him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just imagine how many points better of we would be if we spent that £7 Million on a marksman like Billy Sharp. We had £7 Million and rather than buy a proven goal scorer we gambled it on a dud. We are paying £7 Million for Brereton on January 1st, if we weren't and he was going back to Forest after his loan no club would even pay £1 Million for him.

How the hell is he a dud? I honestly despair with our fans. He's started 2 frigging games with unfamiliar players

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

How the hell is he a dud? I honestly despair with our fans. He's started 2 frigging games with unfamiliar players

You seem like you’ve woken up on a mission today Dave.

Whilst I also want Brereton to get more time (even if only to allow us any chance to get some of the £7m back) don’t you think it says something that he cost about as much as, if not more, than the rest of the team put together and has only started 2 “frigging” games?

14 hours ago, Ossydave said:

He did OK to say he's barely played. Needs a run of games, preferably against easier opposition too, unlikely to happen mind..... 

Agree. Time to give the lad a run of games now. Not sure what constitutes easier opposition in this league but I I know what youre saying. Needs a run ..a goal and most of all some decent service.

If we re paying 7M for him one can only presume (although this is rovers !) that he s going to be our future. Time TM stuck his neck out and backs the lad with a starting place and  in his correct position.

4 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Agree. Time to give the lad a run of games now. Not sure what constitutes easier opposition in this league but I I know what youre saying. Needs a run ..a goal and most of all some decent service.

If we re paying 7M for him one can only presume (although this is rovers !) that he s going to be our future. Time TM stuck his neck out and backs the lad with a starting place and  in his correct position.

You can only give a player a run of games if he can make a difference. It’s up to him to show more than he has done so far. We’re not the Ben Brereton support group, we have to win games.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You seem like you’ve woken up on a mission today Dave.

Whilst I also want Brereton to get more time (even if only to allow us any chance to get some of the £7m back) don’t you think it says something that he cost about as much as, if not more, than the rest of the team put together and has only started 2 “frigging” games?

Oh I agree wholeheartedly regarding spending that money and only starting a few games, but that's not his choice, nor was his price. 

I'm sick to death of our 'fans' looking for a scapegoat when we're up against it though. 

The lad didn't ask for his price tag, and there's diddly squat he can do to justify it in 10 minute cameos. I was made up he started yesterday and hope he does so again. 

The lad is highly rated by people who've actually followed him. Forest fans biggest gripes were A) playing him out of position and B) lack of game time. Alas, what does Tony do....... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, den said:

You can only give a player a run of games if he can make a difference. It’s up to him to show more than he has done so far. We’re not the Ben Brereton support group, we have to win games.

Den its like the chicken and the egg then? you either play the lad for a run of games and see what he can do ..or you don't play him and never know ?

Lets see him in a run of games then we can ALL  finally decide 7M well spent or what were they thinking of buying this lightweight ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

No point. Manager would have played him right wing inside forward and Dack up front.

12 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Only started 1 game all season even though Graham has been injured or unavailable for a few. Turn your attention to the manager because he had the choice to sort these issues out during the summer.

Instead he bought 6 midfielders and a striker in Armstrong whose league 2 level. 

I'll say it now. This lad will be made into the scapegoat and the reason why the team isn't performing.

It must be the manager whose been here 2 years and still can't organise a defence or buy a decent centre half.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Den its like the chicken and the egg then? you either play the lad for a run of games and see what he can do ..or you don't play him and never know ?

Lets see him in a run of games then we can ALL  finally decide 7M well spent or what were they thinking of buying this lightweight ?

Then you have to decide who to leave out?

53 minutes ago, den said:

The lad has done nothing in his cameo appearances and couple of starts to show that

1) He is goal threat

2) He can lead the line

You usually see something in a signing - blistering pace, trickery, strength in the air,  eye for goal etc.  This chap has had enough time to show something but I've failed to spot what it is.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

No point. Manager would have played him right wing inside forward and Dack up front.

Only started 1 game all season even though Graham has been injured or unavailable for a few. Turn your attention to the manager because he had the choice to sort these issues out during the summer.

Instead he bought 6 midfielders and a striker in Armstrong whose league 2 level. 

I'll say it now. This lad will be made into the scapegoat and the reason why the team isn't performing.

It must be the manager whose been here 2 years and still can't organise a defence or buy a decent centre half.

I agree.  TM is lacking at the moment. It seems to me that he has sold his vision on the young player recruitment (which Venkys wanted to do from day one).  Problem is, we need some solid pros and proven talents, not raw youngsters.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

• Moderation Lead

I think it’s a bit soon to be talking of getting rid of Brereton yet, but I had certainly hoped he would have shown more than he has so far in sub appearances. (I can’t comment on yesterday’s showing as I wasn’t there).

If he’d played every minute of every game and not done a lot, then I’d be worried, so for me, it’s not panic stations just yet....

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Oh I agree wholeheartedly regarding spending that money and only starting a few games, but that's not his choice, nor was his price. 

I'm sick to death of our 'fans' looking for a scapegoat when we're up against it though. 

The lad didn't ask for his price tag, and there's diddly squat he can do to justify it in 10 minute cameos. I was made up he started yesterday and hope he does so again. 

The lad is highly rated by people who've actually followed him. Forest fans biggest gripes were A) playing him out of position and B) lack of game time. Alas, what does Tony do....... 

Forget the price tag. Had we got him for £1million, I'd be saying he still looks like a very poor player and signing. The £7mill figure is just a kick in the balls. 

Ben Gladwin cost far, far less and he got called out for looking a very poor signing despite the fact we saw far less of him than we have of Brereton.

The scapegoat jibe is another throwaway comment some fans use. It's not about looking for a scapegoat. It's about giving opinions on what we see the players  do in an blue and white shirt.  We  were questioning the signing and his impact long before this sticky spell.

• Like 5

He did nothing yesterday ,for me to take any hope that he is going to become a reasonable player, let alone a star. I pray that he proves me wrong. I remember John O'mara  saying that" The Rovers fans hadn't seen the best of him yet". Sadly we had.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Chapman only had cameo appearances but he made an impression and you could see potential in him, Brereton shown nothing. As for the price tag it may not have been his choice but its is his job to live up to it.

• Like 2