BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Playing Gallagher out wide has been the ruining of him.

I actually feel sorry for him now, he came on away at Coventry against 10 men and was still out wide and Elliott was moved to centre forward. Granted when Gallagher came on he scored but if you can’t give him a go in his proper position against 10 men then just put him in the reserves and sell him at the next opportunity, he has zero attributes that suit playing that wide role. Seeing him trying to run at players and beat them is hard to watch, I actually think he could do a job coming on in his proper position when he’s needed but if you’re gunna play him on the wing then just don’t bother Tony. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

all the above you`ve mentioned were encouraged to move about and find their own space,they could be out wide one minute then in the centre the next,mowbray`s tactical nous and his man managemen are terrible,im`e also laughing at the the thought of kuqi trying a 40 yard pass and the ball not going over the stand?

Everyone keeps saying his man-management is terrible and yet our biggest personnel issue is getting players to leave! Must all be gluttons for punishment.

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m not sure I buy that the only reason Gallagher can’t trap a ball, turn, beat his man etc is because he’s being played 25 yards wider. Every good striker we have had could also do things out wide: Shearer and Garner were terrific crossers, Benni could hold the ball up all day out there, Roque terrorized fullbacks. Even Kuqi could plant a 40-yards cross on MGP’s left foot.

Maybe he’s just not very good.

Makes you wonder why Mowbray spent £5m on him. 

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Or indeed anything at all. I’ve seen nothing since his return other than a crap footballer who scores the occasional unimportant goal. I’d much rather we had Kuqi.

i used to like kuqi,he was a proper centre forward who was never put out wide unless it was an emergency,mowbray would do the same to him though with his warped tactical mind

1 hour ago, Butty said:

I actually feel sorry for him now, he came on away at Coventry against 10 men and was still out wide and Elliott was moved to centre forward. Granted when Gallagher came on he scored but if you can’t give him a go in his proper position against 10 men then just put him in the reserves and sell him at the next opportunity, he has zero attributes that suit playing that wide role. Seeing him trying to run at players and beat them is hard to watch, I actually think he could do a job coming on in his proper position when he’s needed but if you’re gunna play him on the wing then just don’t bother Tony. 

Completely agree.

12 hours ago, Butty said:

There was something fundamentally wrong about Elliott passing the ball from a central position, out wide to Gallagher to put a cross in during the Reading game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Everyone keeps saying his man-management is terrible and yet our biggest personnel issue is getting players to leave! Must all be gluttons for punishment.

I suspect he'll have no trouble getting Nyambe to leave!.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

I suspect he'll have no trouble getting Nyambe to leave!.

Funny isn’t it. We don’t seem to sell players when they get to their ‘sweet spot’ (enough of a contract left to enable a sale but having a replacement lined up so as not to have a hole in the squad).

Our players either leave on a free or are loaned out and/or paid off. Raya is the exception where he allegedly ask to leave, and Mowbray doesn’t like unhappy players around the place.

Both Lenihan and Dack were injured on the precipice of a move. Have we actually sold anyone else?

Bad contract management and bad luck are a bad combination.

On 31/10/2020 at 07:34, Stuart said:

Funny isn’t it. We don’t seem to sell players when they get to their ‘sweet spot’ (enough of a contract left to enable a sale but having a replacement lined up so as not to have a hole in the squad).

Our players either leave on a free or are loaned out and/or paid off. Raya is the exception where he allegedly ask to leave, and Mowbray doesn’t like unhappy players around the place.

Both Lenihan and Dack were injured on the precipice of a move. Have we actually sold anyone else?

Bad contract management and bad luck are a bad combination.

You know this as fact that Lenihen and Dack were on the verge of leaving?As far as I remember,we turned down a substantial bid from West Brom for him January before last and Sheffield United had numerous bids turned down and walked away.

Just now, islander200 said:

You know this as fact that Lenihen and Dack were on the verge of leaving?As far as I remember,we turned down a substantial bid from West Brom for him January before last and Sheffield United had numerous bids turned down and walked away.

No need to be obtuse.

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'm not being obtuse, I'm asking you a question.As in you have knowledge of them being on the verge of leaving, I'm saying what the media reported so am asking the question have you knowledge there was more to it.

Ok then.

On 30/10/2020 at 12:23, Hasta said:

Gallagher looks poorer now than he did first time around. He looks less mobile. I don't think he's a player that is improving. 

Agreed.

Looks to have bulked up considerably since he was originally here and it seems to have robbed him of his mobility. He just looks like a big useless lump now, at least when he was first here he looked a lot leaner and more athletic and able to make a bit of a nuisance of himself by running the channels.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not cashing in on Lenihan is starting to look a bad decision now.

I never thought he was worth £8 - £10m anyway.

I'd take Hanley when he was here over Lenihan every day of the week. Just hope DL can improve  a bit if Ayala ever regains fitness.

• Like 1