BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Sorry, typo... Forest can't back out of it. It would be crazy if we can't back out of it; if he does break his leg, then knowing that and then having to let go of £6m isn't going to go down well with the fans, no matter how much it's dressed as a buy now pay later deal.

Yes but I would presume it’s a four year deal or something after January. For a 19 year old. 

“Your worth six million to this club oh hang on we’re only going to get 3.5 years out of you now never mind go back.”

Id be aghast if we could, never mind if we did.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Sorry, typo... Forest can't back out of it. It would be crazy if we can't back out of it; if he does break his leg, then knowing that and then having to let go of £6m isn't going to go down well with the fans, no matter how much it's dressed as a buy now pay later deal.

I doubt Forest would see it that way. They aren't going to take all the risk which they would be if they can't back out but we can. 

4 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Wouldn't insurance cover that?

Edited by rigger
Grammer

29 minutes ago, Swanson said:

It’s Rothwell. Although I’m no longer convinced by most of the players’ profile pics any more. I wonder if it’s being done deliberately now or if they genuinely think they are evil geniuses??

FF09D686-57D6-40C7-8811-558C2A9698E0.jpeg

Edited by Stuart

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Wouldn't insurance cover that?

I would have thought it would depend on wether he could carry on his career after the break. Some do, some don't. Years ago Doncaster had a brilliant forward called Alick Jeffrey. He broke his leg playing for England U-23's and never really recovered. He took the compensation and went over to Australia. A few years later on he came back having recovered his old form after a fashion. Before he could resign for Doncaster they/he had to pay back a lot of the insurance money.

4 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

What would that normally cover? Wages?

Obviously it's just hypothetical, but I'm sure the club will have it figured out somehow. Just not sure how.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/tony-thrilled-with-summer-backing/#.W4cNOfZCDNM.link

He will be here permanent come January 

Mowbray talks about it being a long term deal 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s Rothwell. Although I’m no longer convinced by most of the players’ profile pics any more. I wonder if it’s being done deliberately now or if they genuinely think they are evil geniuses??

FF09D686-57D6-40C7-8811-558C2A9698E0.jpeg

Indeed, can we trust any profile pic in there? What if they have been evil geniuses all along, and not a single pic is real? They could all be photos of the website team ingeniously doctored. Perhaps they've just gotten lazier with their photoshopping this year, as nobody has noticed before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Indeed, can we trust any profile pic in there? What if they have been evil geniuses all along, and not a single pic is real? They could all be photos of the website team ingeniously doctored. Perhaps they've just gotten lazier with their photoshopping this year, as nobody has noticed before.

Thta's Rob Brydon on the left isn't it?

I watched the you tube clips and he looks reasonable, rather than excellent. Also - maybe as a result of playing on the wing in those clips - I was a bit surprised to see him more as a face to goal drift wide type, rather than a Danny Graham style hold up which is what I assumed we were after.

Anyhow as we are clearly going to play one up top this season having the choice of Graham, Armstrong and Brereton seems a decent stable.

10 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

What would that normally cover? Wages?

Obviously it's just hypothetical, but I'm sure the club will have it figured out somehow. Just not sure how.

Good grief chaps we have just signed one of the brightest prospects in years, you would never have dreamt this last season and still some of you are complaining, any player can have an injury thats football, unlucky or not injury or not  he is here to stay, he is ours so please stop the what if this and what if that, enough already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I watched the you tube clips and he looks reasonable, rather than excellent. Also - maybe as a result of playing on the wing in those clips - I was a bit surprised to see him more as a face to goal drift wide type, rather than a Danny Graham style hold up which is what I assumed we were after.

Anyhow as we are clearly going to play one up top this season having the choice of Graham, Armstrong and Brereton seems a decent stable.

I agree with you there. I was expecting to see a player who occupied a more central role. Having said that how many young central strikers are there these days ? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I never saw him head the ball in a goal mouth situation once. At 6'3" he shouldn't have too many problems heading the ball.

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well i guess you or a lot of fans would have said the same when we bought Shearer, remember who's he why have we let Speedie go, the rest is history, now i'm not saying Brereton is the new Shearer by any stretch of the imagination, just making the point if you tube was alive in 1993 we would be saying the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting that Birtles says in the article that he doesn’t suit the wide role...

He looked decent playing out there. What I liked was he's prepared to run directly at players with the ball, that's always a good move, they have to stand still if you run straight for them. Then you have them where you want them, static. He's not put off by physical contact, he tries to get his head up in possession. He's a willing runner. I would have liked to have seen more " back to goal " play in the clips.

2 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Well i guess you or a lot of fans would have said the same when we bought Shearer, remember who's he why have we let Speedie go, the rest is history, now i'm not saying Brereton is the new Shearer by any stretch of the imagination, just making the point if you tube was alive in 1993 we would be saying the same thing. 

No we wouldn't! I know this because we didn't! There were regrets that we had to force Speedie out after all he'd done but, collectively, we wet ourselves with excitement.

We knew who he was alright. You're making this up! :rock:

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree with you there. I was expecting to see a player who occupied a more central role. Having said that how many young central strikers are there these days ? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I never saw him head the ball in a goal mouth situation once. At 6'3" he shouldn't have too many problems heading the ball.

Yes. The newspaper article above does say he was played out of position so I'm putting it down to that.

Could be that Mowbray wants us to pay a more fluid front line with all forwards dropping off etc. But Tony seems too much of a traditionalist to me. My guess is we will see Brereton deployed central with the expectation to win the knock downs and lay offs.

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

No we wouldn't! I know this because we didn't! There were regrets that we had to force Speedie out after all he'd done but, collectively, we wet ourselves with excitement.

We knew who he was alright. You're making this up! :rock:

No I'M not i remember it well 

• Backroom

I think a big clue that he's at least got SOMETHING special is that he can run with the ball and pass/shoot all without looking at it.

That kind of awareness can't really be taught but he already has it.