BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City vs Blackburn Rovers, Sunday 1st September, 1.30pm KO

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I'l be honest I don't think Palmer has been great.He hasn't been bad but if Dack is fit and it's a choice between Palmer and Rothwell then Rothwell wins all day long for me.

Mogga won't play 3 attackers behind the striker.Bennett is an automatic Choice for Mowbray wide of the 3 behind the striker If he isn't forced to play him centrally and with the signing of Reed then I don't think we will be seeing Bennett anywhere other than wide of the 3 the majority of the season

I like Bennett but when he's playing out wide he's in his least effective role.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I'l be honest I don't think Palmer has been great.He hasn't been bad but if Dack is fit and it's a choice between Palmer and Rothwell then Rothwell wins all day long for me.

Mogga won't play 3 attackers behind the striker.Bennett is an automatic Choice for Mowbray wide of the 3 behind the striker If he isn't forced to play him centrally and with the signing of Reed then I don't think we will be seeing Bennett anywhere other than wide of the 3 the majority of the season

Palmer has some similarities to Dack in how he can be quiet for periods of the game but can have potential match winning moments. His ability mentally gets the better of players at times, you can see players frightened stiff of him and there are periods were I've seen teams double up on him. He might drift in and out and need to work on the defensive part of his game but he will free up space for other players like Dack.

31 minutes ago, Neal said:

Palmer has some similarities to Dack in how he can be quiet for periods of the game but can have potential match winning moments. His ability mentally gets the better of players at times, you can see players frightened stiff of him and there are periods were I've seen teams double up on him. He might drift in and out and need to work on the defensive part of his game but he will free up space for other players like Dack.

Not saying Palmer is a bad player but I would prefer Rothwell to be starting ahead of him. 

Mowbray will not play Dack,Palmer and Rothwell behind the striker unless injuries force his hand.

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not saying Palmer is a bad player but I would prefer Rothwell to be starting ahead of him. 

Mowbray will not play Dack,Palmer and Rothwell behind the striker unless injuries force his hand.

See what you're saying, good thing about our squad now is we can pick players based on who we're playing against. I'd personally drop Bennet into holding mid with Evans and play either Rothwell or Palmer. Few instances I've seen Rothwell in holding midfield he's looked good IMO. Sets up play nicely.

Edited by Neal

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

See what you're saying, good thing about our squad now is we can pick players based on who we're playing against. I'd personally drop Bennet into holding mid with Evans and play either Rothwell or Palmer. Few instances I've seen Rothwell in holding midfield he's looked good IMO. Sets up play nicely.

Yeah I would like Rothwell to be given a go in the league in centre midfield and if I could choose where Bennett was to play it would be in midfield also.

Mogga see's it differently though I'm basing my selection on what Mowbray has said and what he is likely to do.

Unless injuries and suspensions force his hand he will play Bennett,Dack and another behind the striker.He wouldn't have signed Reed if he planned on using Bennett in centre mid

55 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Unless injuries and suspensions force his hand he will play Bennett,Dack and another behind the striker

That's pretty much what he said he'd do. His exact words, when talking about his philosophy after the Carlisle game,  was he liked to play with 'two and a half attackers. Graham is 1, Armstrong is 1 and Dack is half'. I suppose it depends how he sees the ones he's just signed. If Rothwell plays in the '3' is he seen as a Bennett or an Armstrong? Same with Palmer and Brereton. 

As for today, depending on how Brizzle play, it will be interesting to see who plays as the striker. If they leave space behind it could be Brereton or Armstrong, if they have big grippers at the back who defend the edge of their area maybe Graham will start. Mowbray has said before he'll pick his attackers based on how the oppo defend. 

So at a guess, based on Brizzle coming out and attacking us and Dack possibly not being fit, I'd think he might go with:-

Raya  

Nyambe  Lenihan  Mulgrew Bell

Smallwood Evans

Bennett Palmer Rothwell

Armstrong 

Just now, fenwindows said:

No, go on there live chat, I had basic sky something like £39. I asked about that, said don’t want to pay £16 a month to watch a couple games. After a few different offers they came back with extra 0.50p can get sports channels and some other channels for 18months!

Yep- tell them if they don't give you cheap sports you're going to BT because they will do. They'll hook you up.

7 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Somebody help please.  I'm confused regarding this red button lark.  I have basic Sky.  Not Sky Sports.  Can I get the match or not?

Nope. 

You can upgrade just for the Sky Sports football channel. You get all football league games on there but no PL football

Ring Sky up tell them you just been to Currys and they offer a special deal for Virgin and all Sports channels. What can you offer me please? 

Edited by chaddyrovers