BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City vs Blackburn Rovers, Sunday 1st September, 1.30pm KO

1. He is actually in someone's back garden not out in a club.

2. There is no evidence he is drinking. 

3. The post was made last night but there is nothing to say this was last night. 

Could very easily be Friday evening he has gone out to a friend's house. Not drunk and been tucked up in bed for midnight. Footballers need to be aware of their responsibilities but control anyone too much and it's a recipe for disaster. A lot of people here assuming from one picture that he's been out getting drunk until the early hours before a game with absolutely zero evidence to back it up

Edited by ben_the_beast
Typo
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Dack's very privileged. He's young and very well paid. He'll be a multimillionaire by the time he's 30.  It's not asking much to make sacrifices for a few years.  If I were Mowbray I'd be telling him some home truths

There is a clear generation gap in this debate, Jim.

There’s nothing idealist about expecting professional footballers to behave professionally.

During the season, nights out are the equivalent of being away on business. You are off duty at the end of May for a month at any other time you are representing the club and the profession. If you don’t like those terms don’t expect big money and a long career.

Sadly, moderns standards have slipped to a shrug and a “so what”.

Benni Mc and Samba were almost part of the fixtures and fittings at some bars in Manchester midweek and and post game. It's all part and parcel of being a footballer never been any different and won't change.  Some will be trustworthy and some won't but I reckon the management will know who's who.

A few short years ago it appeared to be getting a bit out of hand and I think the then softly softly approach management turned a blind eye to it. This regime and set of players seems a lot more trust worthy on that score so I don't think it's a big deal now.

29 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Dack's very privileged. He's young and very well paid. He'll be a multimillionaire by the time he's 30.  It's not asking much to make sacrifices for a few years.  If I were Mowbray I'd be telling him some home truths

He is a footballer and he is entitled to his private life. Nothing wrong with a club and enjoying as he not getting drunk or behaviouring bad. 

28 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

I really don’t understand this obsession with footballers personal lives. As long as a player performs on the pitch it should be none of our business what players do off the field, and quite frankly I couldn’t give a sh!t. Some people on here need to get themselves off their moral high horses. I see nobody mentions the fact that when we were playing Brentford, Dack turned up to the game to support his team mates, and then made an appearance in the family stand and met all the kids there. People can do as they please in their own time and mention of pay on here just makes you all sound rather envious to me.

Great post..yes its funny that no one remember that do they. 

10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So you would have no issue with a player going out and getting drunk (not suggesting he was last not - but could have been) the night before a game and playing with a hangover?

Is he even playing today or is the pic even from last night or from another day

2 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

1. He is actually in someone's back garden not out in a club.

2. There is no evidence he is drinking. 

3. The post was made last night but there is nothing to say this was last night. 

Could very easily be Friday evening he has gone out to a friend's house. Not drunk and been tucked up in bed for midnight. Footballers need to be aware of their responsibilities but control anyone too much and it's a recipe for disaster. A lot of people here assuming from one picture that he's been out getting drunk until the early hours before a game with absolutely zero evidence to back it up

Good post and key points posted

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not a new thing and never did Garner any harm ?

How many England caps did he get? How many top flight goals? European matches?

Garns made a lifestyle choice and lived with the consequences. The wage gap between Garner and Joe Public was a heck of a lot smaller than Dack’s too.

Just now, tomphil said:

Benni Mc and Samba were almost part of the fixtures and fittings at some bars in Manchester midweek and and post game. It's all part and parcel of being a footballer never been any different and won't change.  Some will be trustworthy and some won't but I reckon the management will know who's who.

A few short years ago it appeared to be getting a bit out of hand and I think the then softly softly approach management turned a blind eye to it. This regime and set of players seems a lot more trust worthy on that score so I don't think it's a big deal now.

Used to see both regular in Manchester but paid them very little interest as they are entitled to a private life. Ive seen Tugay at Trafford Centre with his family but yet again left him to him. 

These are footballers nothing more. If they do something then they deserve punishment just like we do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

How many England caps did he get? How many top flight goals? European matches?

Garns made a lifestyle choice and lived with the consequences. The wage gap between Garner and Joe Public was a heck of a lot smaller than Dack’s too.

I tend to agree they should lay off completely it should be part of the rules or their contracts now but I was just saying it's never been any different some of the ones who won what you mentioned were piss heads.  Souness and his boys used to be out and about on the sparkling stuff all the time back in their heyday but were probably professional enough to keep off it before games.

These days it should be different given the money involved and expectation levels but sadly it's the good old British football culture and culture in general, everything revolves around the drink.

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

What an idiot. This is the down side of Dack.

And probably a big reason why we might get to keep him.

Theres no drink in the picture, if it’s from last night he’s obviously not in the match day squad and if he didn’t have permission he wouldn’t be posing like that I’m sure.

I think we are all also overlooking how absolutely bloody hilarious that picture is though. Look at his little face. Cult hero our Brad.

10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Anyway, why is todays game on the red button? Thought it was only mid-week games. 

I’m pretty sure the arrangement with the EFL is any game outside the banned 3pm on a Saturday time slot can be shown.

So generally that’s night matches, but any anomalies like Bristol City moving their game to a Sunday and Sky will show that too.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

And probably a big reason why we might get to keep him.

Theres no drink in the picture, if it’s from last night he’s obviously not in the match day squad and if he didn’t have permission he wouldn’t be posing like that I’m sure.

I think we are all also overlooking how absolutely bloody hilarious that picture is though. Look at his little face. Cult hero our Brad.

If he performs on the pitch all will be forgiven of course. But he needs to get his head down or his career trajectory will peak very quickly.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This is silly. You weren't a "professional" footballer. - he is (or supposed to be).  Professionals look after their body - which means a quiet social life and no alcohol.

Most players drink Jim. They are entitled to have private life and going out and have a good time. Zero evidence he isnt looking after his body. 

55 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So were most of us but in our early twenties we were not being paid 15k+ a week for a professional football club. This is the kind of profession where a party lifestyle/social life should be heavily sacrificed compared to us normal folk. He will still be a young man at 33/34/35 and will also be incredibly rich by then if he plays his cards right and can go party as much as he likes.

Also you say TM will know? Why do you state things as fact? You have no idea if he knows or not - though he probably will do now that its over social media. 

TM has told him off on a number of occasions apparently for this kind of behaviour so not sure why you have no problem with it - especially on the eve of a game.

Disagree on him having to sacrificed his life. No reason why you cant go out and enjoy yourselves. Samba, Benni McCarthy, Bentley all used to. Even Steven Gerrard used to go out and enjoy himself. He was world class footballer

Rovers will have someone watching social media every day and reporting to Mowbray and Waggott. 

Ive heard the stories telling him off. But Dack even playing today so I cannot see the problem with him going out with friends on a night out at a club or at friend house.

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1