BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City vs Blackburn Rovers, Sunday 1st September, 1.30pm KO

Just now, AdamRochina said:

no chance, it ruins my whole week! i hate losing, i hate the way we have played its been so F..ing poor

We aren't good enough to compete with these sides this season or probably next. 12th to 15th will be a respectable finish for us. 

6 minutes ago, Husky said:

Wake up call today? We've looked very league 1 this half.

Bristol City aren't such a great team either.

On this showing I think Bristol look very organised and fairly decent, showed good resilience coming back from our early goal and early pressure. Also seem to have a decent bench as well.

Edited by perthblue02

Armstrong, Evans, Bennett, Smallwood, Raya, Nyambe, Bell... all underperformed,

Even Rothwell has looked lost. Has Ben Brereton had more than 5 touches?

Confusing subs too. Unless Graham was injured, his substitution basically dissipated any foothold we had in their half.

Lets hope Dack doesn’t have a BBQ over the international window, or we might be in for a rough season..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Just one of those games unfortunately. 

A goal from a FK that never was. Three goals from fortunate deflections. 

Meanwhile we didn't take our chances. We're never going to challenge for the league, so you brush yourself down, pick yourselves up and move on.

Shoes the lack of quality in this league if these guys are promotion contenders.

4 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

who wishes to tell me to shh now and who wishes to defend this?!   yes we cant win them all ect but today we have been pathetic, we look like a league 1 side,  pathetic embarrsing today, cant pass, cant finish, cant defend,    toothless pathetic cack

Somewhere in between these two comments may the truth be found.

Very poor today. But Christ let’s not lose our shit.

Just now, AAK said:

We aren't good enough to compete with these sides this season or probably next. 12th to 15th will be a respectable finish for us. 

these sides?! or you for f..ing real.  this is bristol city,  an average championship side that might flirt with the idea of play offs at times but fall short and finish around 7th to 12th.   jesus christ if we cant compete with bristol city lets give up and go home

Just now, Biz said:

Armstrong, Evans, Bennett, Smallwood, Raya, Nyambe, Bell... all underperformed,

Even Rothwell has looked lost. Has Ben Brereton had more than 5 touches?

Confusing subs too. Unless Graham was injured, his substitution basically dissipated any foothold we had in their half.

Lets hope Dack doesn’t have a BBQ over the international window, or we might be in for a rough season..

Harsh on Bell but agree on the main.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Mowbray may be the messiah in many eyes but he’s got to get past certain flaws such as persisting with Smallwood when he can’t pass wind and continuing to throw on Nuttall who is a fish out of water in the Championship. Piss poor.

Just for context, we’ve just lost our first game all season, and our third this calendar year or something. Maybe that’s why he was persisting.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

these sides?! or you for f..ing real.  this is bristol city,  an average championship side that might flirt with the idea of play offs at times but fall short and finish around 7th to 12th.   jesus christ if we cant compete with bristol city lets give up and go home

Did you not see them last season, they played man city of the park in a semi final, had a good league campaign until last 10 games or so. Their a good side. Our back four is basically the back four that got relegated, once williams inevitably comes back in. That's the problem, additions should have been made at the back. However we also need attacking options. Next summer hopefully we concentrate on the defence. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Glad you’re happy.

I’m laughing that you will literally clutch at any straw to find someone or something to blame.

To suggest this performance/result is anything to do with an instagram story - it’s absolutely laughable. We could get beat 10-0 and I’d still find that stupidly funny.

We lost because we played badly. Some poor subs, a bucket full of poor performances and we paid a heavy price for missing 2/3 great opportunities.

• Like 3