BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City vs Blackburn Rovers, Sunday 1st September, 1.30pm KO

Just now, Tormund said:

Adam, nobody is defending this performance. Second half has been terrible. What are people’s expectations this season? I think every team will get a thrashing in this league, like Villa yesterday. I hope fans aren’t expecting a promotion challenge. 

not a promotion challenge no, round 10th would do me,  its the manner of today, we looked like we couldent even play football in the second half, we looked lost out at sea, constant hoofing the ball i expect better then that even if we lose

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Disappointing result. 2 weeks of deliberations.

Villa will be licking their lips.

They got a spanking yesterday so we’ll be licking ours as well 

• Like 1

Second half not good enough. No.one impress second half. One of the worst half under Mowbray. 

Palmer shouldnt be starting next game. 

Defending woeful. 

We never played to Brereton strengths. For me second half too many long balls. Need Dack back for Villa. Armstrong didnt look fit. 

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Second half not good enough. No.one impress second half. One of the worst half under Mowbray. 

Defending woeful. 

We never played to Brereton strengths. For me second half too many long balls. Need Dack back for Villa. Armstrong didnt look fit. 

There's been lots of halves like that under mowbray, however oppositions haven't been good enough to exploit it, once you play top half championship teams they'll bag 3 or 4 every game if you defend like that 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Defending woeful. 

Get behind the Lads & Palmer and trust Tony FFS!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

It’ll happen Adam it’s a wake up call. We needed a point today before Villa but it’s our first defeat this season. We’ve just come up.

its not flattered Bristol at all, they’ve been ok. Just done the basics extremely well and their thinking has been quicker.

Rovers look terrible 

You are joking?

2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Just for context, we’ve just lost our first game all season, and our third this calendar year or something. Maybe that’s why he was persisting.

Also - I haven’t seen anyone mention this;

Bristol played well. The play everything short, they press high up and they took their chances. I think they will be top 10.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AAK said:

Did you not see them last season, they played man city of the park in a semi final, had a good league campaign until last 10 games or so. Their a good side. Our back four is basically the back four that got relegated, once williams inevitably comes back in. That's the problem, additions should have been made at the back. However we also need attacking options. Next summer hopefully we concentrate on the defence. 

Should have built from the back. Spending £6m on Brereton was a luxury buy, the type of which should be reserved for promotion pushes. When January comes that's probably our budget blown.

Well that was a pile of wank. We had the spell where Bristol should of been punished. Pretty much all the second half we wasn’t at the races. Hopefully this international break brings Dack back firing all guns. Was going to lose one at some point but this is us at our weakest, too many people coming back and new faces being added,  new to the system. Let’s see how we kick on after the international break.

• Backroom

Frustrating, annoying and frankly shocking in the second half but I think we are on an upward curve.

Considering the state this club was in when Mowbray arrived we are light years ahead and still going in the right direction.

Lessons to learn from today, typically it happens just as our chance to bring new players in is gone.

Worryingly for me the second half Evans looked like old Evans not Evans mk2 - hope he gets his head back up.

• Like 2