BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City vs Blackburn Rovers, Sunday 1st September, 1.30pm KO

21 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Are you effing serious?

Don't you even care that we’ve been hammered today? You prefer having a giggle at random folk on the Internet because they don’t agree with you.

You’re posting these gloating, laughing posts while some of us are absolutely gutted.

Calm down Stuart

Its was very poor second half performance. But we had good start to the season. The players know that wasnt good enough either. 

• Moderation Lead

Must admit, if anything can make me laugh after getting slapped 4-1, it’s when people say ‘the reaction is OTT as per usual’. 

What do we expect? For us to be cracking out the Cristal? 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 6

• Backroom
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Another thing about Palmers performance that I would say, it made no sense to play him wide.

He's a natural number 10, and in Dack's absence he should have played there. Felt that Mowbray got it wrong playing Armstrong off the striker, we saw what he can do wide last season.

One thing people overlook is that he’s decent in the air, he’s no Graham but out of all the players behind Graham the only one likely to win a flick on.

He stands out because he always comes and wants the ball, doesn’t always come off but always wants to make something happen.

I personally found Armstrong more worthy of criticism today 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Biz said:

No worries, will do - I can only hope for more Rovers players having garden parties in the coming weeks, the meltdown between you and Jim is pure comedy relief if we have a poor performance.

I could do with some icing on my cake, any more sexist comments to make about the clothes people choose to wear? 

Keep on laughing and making up slurs.

Glad Rovers losing heavily has made your day.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Must admit, if anything can make me laugh after getting slapped 4-1, it’s when people say ‘the reaction is OTT as per usual’. 

What do we expect? For us to be cracking out the Cristal? 

I expect people to look at the big picture and react accordingly.

If you think the backlash towards Dack or AdamRochinas posts are justified, I’d suggest taking ones head for a wobble!

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Calm down Stuart

Its was very poor second half performance. But we had good start to the season. The players know that wasnt good enough either. 

Very calm, Chris.

Nice that you’ve spoken to the players. Did you ask about how much they laughed at Dack having the craic last night? I bet they were all having a right old laugh about it in the dressing room after the game.

Just now, Pedro said:

My favourite quote today (forgive me but I don't know who said it) was someone complaining that Dack was bending his 'injured' knee for a photo. Absolute gold and why I love this site.

Apparently if you laugh at stupidity like this Pedro, you’re happy we lost! 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

One thing people overlook is that he’s decent in the air, he’s no Graham but out of all the players behind Graham the only one likely to win a flick on.

He stands out because he always comes and wants the ball, doesn’t always come off but always wants to make something happen.

I personally found Armstrong more worthy of criticism today 

I thought Rothwell was similar to Palmer, wanting the ball, looking to beat people, but end product sorely lacking.

I understand Palmer being played wide when Dack is fit but when he isn't, Palmer is a natural number 10, a position which gives you far less defensive responsibility, and far more influence going forward. Considering Armstrongs success from wide last year, I found both positions very strange.

I do worry about the balance of our attacking players, for all the talent we have. Very few if any would choose to play wide over centrally. Graham, Brereton and Armstrong would want to play as 9's ideally, Dack and Palmer as 10s and Rothwell in central midfield.

Just now, Biz said:

I expect people to look at the big picture and react accordingly.

If you think the backlash towards Dack or AdamRochinas posts are justified, I’d suggest taking ones head for a wobble!

To be fair, AdamRochinas posts are very unique in that they arent constructive criticism, just wild sentences of anger. The Dack stuff is a seperate issue, but is obviously dependant on factors we dont know about.

I dont really agree with the first line. Just as if we were in a poor run/start/position, and got a good win (see Bradford away last year) people would be entitled to compliment the performance and result without having to overly concentrate on the fact that we are still below overall expectations. 

We are in the match thread of a game when we were comprehensively beaten, and sorely lacking. Its not going over the top to state that, and state what in particular caused that. If the thread was judge our first 6 games, I'd say we are doing ok, no more, no less, but we are in the Bristol City away thread.

16 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Despite the growing support for Bell on here, I think Williams is far better at his defensive duties. Although Bell can be dangerous going forward, and he did make a couple of forays forward today, it doesn't outweigh his defensive capabilities. I also don't think his attacking play has contributed anything yet, unlike Williams' against Ipswich. I would be putting Williams straight back in as soon as he's ready. Bell isn't good enough yet, and needs more time.

As for @chaddyrovers comment about Palmer, you must have been watching a different game to everybody else; even the Bristol City fans cheered when he went off.

If you really think Palmer had a good game. Then blimey. He was awful. 

So far I've been less than impress with him. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not at all chaddy. People are bound to be very critical of such a terrible performance, in isolation, just as they were very complimentary about previous performances, for example the way we dug out a win last Saturday.

You are in the match thread of a game we got hammered in, not sure what you expect.

The fight and never say die attitude on show v Reading and seemingly v Brentford seemed to run out at half time.

After half time we were awful. Ive already but some much over the top reaction on social media by some Rovers fans. 

We need to play the ball on the ground and move them around, but Movement wasn't there, Armstrong didn't look fit to me, Palmer I've already discussed. 

Hopefully after the international break we will be stronger. 

We need to play to Brereton Strengths and Graham doesn't seem able to play 90 mins regular and he looked shattered second half. His legs are going quick

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Another thing about Palmers performance that I would say, it made no sense to play him wide.

He's a natural number 10, and in Dack's absence he should have played there. Felt that Mowbray got it wrong playing Armstrong off the striker, we saw what he can do wide last season.

I wouldn't play Palmer from the start today and I said that last night. He is too much a show pony player for me, and I would have prefer Rothwell to him. 

I guess Armstrong play off Graham so he can run off Graham flick ons and headers. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Very calm, Chris.

Nice that you’ve spoken to the players. Did you ask about how much they laughed at Dack having the craic last night? I bet they were all having a right old laugh about it in the dressing room after the game.

Not happy with the second half but it is a wake up call.

Personally cannot see the Dack pic making a difference to the numerous poor decisions and performances,  that's on Mowbray and his line up chosen today.

Our usual stuff of only being able to maintain a performance for 45 minutes won't do this season. Mowbray needs to sort this. I think he has the options on the bench to mix things up. Lenihan needs to buck up. Perhaps the lack of pressure on his place isn't good for us. 

I think we all agree that wasn't our best 11 today. We need to see a fresh start against villa. Let's forget about who was good last year and play who is good now. 

What's this about Dack? Haven't been online in a few days 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Our usual stuff of only being able to maintain a performance for 45 minutes won't do this season. Mowbray needs to sort this. I think he has the options on the bench to mix things up. Lenihan needs to buck up. Perhaps the lack of pressure on his place isn't good for us. 

I think we all agree that wasn't our best 11 today. We need to see a fresh start against villa. Let's forget about who was good last year and play who is good now. 

What's this about Dack? Haven't been online in a few days 

He was pictured at a party, its a nothing story pal. Agree with what you say about tale of two halves, happens nearly every week. 

One thing that really concerned me today is smallwood was put on free kicks and corners, one question, WHY?