BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League 2018-2019

• Backroom

Could easily have been 4 or 5 if Barcelona had taken their other chances on the counter attack in the last five minutes of that game. Three should probably be enough, but you never know. That said I can't see Liverpool beating Barcelona 4-0.

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Could easily have been 4 or 5 if Barcelona had taken their other chances on the counter attack in the last five minutes of that game. Three should probably be enough, but you never know. That said I can't see Liverpool beating Barcelona 4-0.

You sure as hell can’t see Barca not scoring. Liverpool will need 5 to stand a sniff - not happening.

10 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The Dutch league cancelled their program last weekend to give Ajax time to prepare, whilst Spurs sputtered against West Ham. Pochettino had a good moan about it. The Ajax manager's retort was along the lines of well we can't compete with your budget so have to find other ways of levelling the playing field.

Brilliant, that would have got a smiley, in a nice sense of course!

For 70 mins Liverpool were arguably the better team, just couldn't finish. Really good display to be honest. Got slaughtered in the last 20 though. Very lucky they got out only three goals down. Barca missed a couple of sitters. It all fell apart after Barca got a second quite fortuitous goal.

I think Liverpool need one top striker to finish off the squad. May as well start scouting now as they're as good as out and they won't win the league.

4 hours ago, Husky said:

Does anyone thing Spurs still have a chance?

Ajax seem to have been worse at home during the CL knock-out phase.

Yes, Song will be back and will make a difference. Kane may be available although maybe a risk. They need better from a few who disappointed in the first leg, Deli Ali and Erickson come to mind.

In that first leg the crossing of Trippier surpassed us in being crap at it.

Spurs can play much better.

I think Liverpool are screwed and will be potless. I will be one of the few a bit sad at that.

• Like 1

The best player there has ever been and yet still disgracefully underrated. Phenomenon. Freak. We will never see this again.

11 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

For 70 mins Liverpool were arguably the better team, just couldn't finish. Really good display to be honest. Got slaughtered in the last 20 though. Very lucky they got out only three goals down. Barca missed a couple of sitters. It all fell apart after Barca got a second quite fortuitous goal.

I think Liverpool need one top striker to finish off the squad. May as well start scouting now as they're as good as out and they won't win the league.

Agreed. They had Barcelona on the ropes even at 1-0 down. Fabinho wasn't his usual self. He contributed to the last 2 Barcelona goals. He tackled Messi for the 2nd, but it turned into a through ball for Suarez, and he gave away the free kick for the 3rd. Dembele's miss in the last second was horrendous. He skied an easy chance before that too.

There's always a chance that Liverpool can claw it back. Roma did it to Barcelona last year, but I can't see Liverpool doing it though. However, I suspect we'll see the worst of Barcelona next week. Fouls, diving, time wasting, feigning injury, anything to put Liverpool out of their rhythm.

Sturridge was that extra striker but is a shadow of his former self. Injuries? Inability to fit into Klopp's style?

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Agreed. They had Barcelona on the ropes even at 1-0 down. Fabinho wasn't his usual self. He contributed to the last 2 Barcelona goals. He tackled Messi for the 2nd, but it turned into a through ball for Suarez, and he gave away the free kick for the 3rd. Dembele's miss in the last second was horrendous. He skied an easy chance before that too.

There's always a chance that Liverpool can claw it back. Roma did it to Barcelona last year, but I can't see Liverpool doing it though. However, I suspect we'll see the worst of Barcelona next week. Fouls, diving, time wasting, feigning injury, anything to put Liverpool out of their rhythm.

Sturridge was that extra striker but is a shadow of his former self. Injuries? Inability to fit into Klopp's style?

Sturridge is finished mate, be surprised if he’s still playing in a couple of years time. Shame really, he had that really good season alongside Suarez and looked like he was going too be a top player for years too come. Shame his body wouldn’t let him.

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

The best player there has ever been and yet still disgracefully underrated. Phenomenon. Freak. We will never see this again.

I think I have to agree Mellor. He just has to be the best footballer ever seen.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Butty said:

Sturridge is finished mate, be surprised if he’s still playing in a couple of years time. Shame really, he had that really good season alongside Suarez and looked like he was going too be a top player for years too come. Shame his body wouldn’t let him.

Also I think he's too similar a striker to what else they have. They need someone they can play a more direct game with when required (like last night). Lewandowski, Diego Costaz that sort of player, but obviously a bit younger.

• Like 1

While there's no doubt its a big ask, I have a hunch that the Liverpool-Barca tie has a twist in it yet. I think I'll stick a fiver on Liverpool to win 4-1 at Anfield and go out on away goals. They are certainly capable of sticking a few goals past this Barcelona team, it is really a question of how many Barca get in reply. They don't travel all that well and some bang average Spanish teams have scored plenty past them this season. Liverpool got round the back of them several times the other night and on another day would have scored three or four. Mane, Milner and Salah would normally put those sitters away.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

While there's no doubt its a big ask, I have a hunch that the Liverpool-Barca tie has a twist in it yet. I think I'll stick a fiver on Liverpool to win 4-1 at Anfield and go out on away goals. They are certainly capable of sticking a few goals past this Barcelona team, it is really a question of how many Barca get in reply. They don't travel all that well and some bang average Spanish teams have scored plenty past them this season. Liverpool got round the back of them several times the other night and on another day would have scored three or four. Mane, Milner and Salah would normally put those sitters away.

25/1 at bet365 Andy, I’ve put £3 on ?