BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League 2018-2019

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

It's quite easy. spurs have won the league twice. We have won it 3 times, but winning the CL is a bigger thing than winning a domestic league. Do you understand now? 

Just amended my post as I initially thought you referred to Liverpool.  Tottenham have won more major trophies than us though 17-10. 

https://www.totalsportek.com/list/most-successful-clubs-in-english-football-history/

27 minutes ago,  Norbert Rassragr said: 

I hope they don't. Then they have no chance of winning the cup, and they'll still be a smaller, less successful club than Blackburn Rovers in terms of trophies. We've won the league more times, but a CL win would top that.

They have won three UEFA cups. Cant see how you could think we have been more successful though. 

Edited by old darwen blue

I'd much rather Liverpool win it than a club like City (the PL that is). They can win the Champs League too as far as I'm concerned. Their manager is great, they play exciting football and never disappoint on the big stages.

Ultimately they are a proper club, with which we've had many a good game against as I was growing up. City are the epitome of what I hate about modern football.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'd much rather Liverpool win it than a club like City (the PL that is). They can win the Champs League too as far as I'm concerned. Their manager is great, they play exciting football and never disappoint on the big stages.

Ultimately they are a proper club, with which we've had many a good game against as I was growing up. City are the epitome of what I hate about modern football.

100% agree with all that you have said.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Doubt the lad wouldn't have got a look in with Mowbray as his manager - far too young and inexperienced at 20 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's simple - if you are good enough you are old enough.

The way Mowbray holds back our young talent is, IMO, absurd.  Brererton with his 'amazing talent'.  Reed is better away from our club - rarely played in his best position.  Rothwell given his chance 6 months too late and only in forced circumstances.  Bennett over Nyambe!  Travis on verge of going out on loan until Mowbray forced to play him.  You could go on and on and on.

Anyhow great stuff Liverpool.  They play exciting football and Klopp deserves a trophy for his refreshing approach.  Will be no surprise if City slip at Brighton and let Liverpool in for the PL.

You’re talking about arguably the best RB in the world right now.

Does everything have to be a Mowbray dig? Tedious.

• Like 1

Last night's game was fantastic. Football doesn't get much better than that.

Although Ajax are 1-0 up Spurs could still win it. They blasted City in the last round, and have Son back tonight.

I'm not bothered who goes through. Ajax have been a joy to watch though.

• Like 1

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Last night's game was fantastic. Football doesn't get much better than that.

Although Ajax are 1-0 up Spurs could still win it. They blasted City in the last round, and have Son back tonight.

I'm not bothered who goes through. Ajax have been a joy to watch though.

Yeah it would be a real shame for them if they don't make it. Their team will likely be torn apart by teams like Tottenham this summer so here's to hoping they get to the final. Then the process of rebuilding through youth begins for them - another fantastic club are Ajax and one to admire. 

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

You’re talking about arguably the best RB in the world right now.

Does everything have to be a Mowbray dig? Tedious.

Do you have to defend Mowbray all the time like he's Pep?  Tedious.

You miss the point.  Yes the lad is outstanding and has developed because he was given the chance by Klopp as an 18 year old and played in the Champions League Final as a 19 year old.

In my opinion, Mowbray sucks the oxygen out of our young player development.  He talks about Reed as a 'kid' at 23/24 with things to learn and in the main played him out of position when he wasn't on the bench.  He describes the 19 year old Brereton as an 'amazing' talent who he's paid £7million+ for but wont feckin play him.  He's had countless opportunities to 'blood' other 'youngsters' like Buckley and Butterworth (19 years old) but they've been lucky to even smell the bench.  Travis is 21 and only just been given his chance but under forced circumstances.  Nyambe is 21 and, IMV, the best right back at the club by a country mile but Mowbray has persisted with Bennett who's been roasted so many times this season.  You can go on and on.

If I was representing any young talent, I'd advise them to give Rovers and Mowbray a very wide berth.

Well I’m sure if we are in the market for one of the best players in the world in his position it won’t be Mowbray putting them off joining Blackburn Rovers...

WhY WaS PeLe WiNnInG WoRlD CuPs aT 17 ShEArEr OnLy JuSt MaDe HiS DeBuT

We get it. We’ve heard it.

It’s irrelevant to Alexander-Arnold.

And can you finally stop with the Travis “forced circumstances” bollocks it really let’s you down when you just tell lies to support your tiresome argument.

Edited by S8 & Blue

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Do you have to defend Mowbray all the time like he's Pep?  Tedious.

You miss the point.  Yes the lad is outstanding and has developed because he was given the chance by Klopp as an 18 year old and played in the Champions League Final as a 19 year old.

In my opinion, Mowbray sucks the oxygen out of our young player development.  He talks about Reed as a 'kid' at 23/24 with things to learn and in the main played him out of position when he wasn't on the bench.  He describes the 19 year old Brereton as an 'amazing' talent who he's paid £7million+ for but wont feckin play him.  He's had countless opportunities to 'blood' other 'youngsters' like Buckley and Butterworth (19 years old) but they've been lucky to even smell the bench.  Travis is 21 and only just been given his chance but under forced circumstances.  Nyambe is 21 and, IMV, the best right back at the club by a country mile but Mowbray has persisted with Bennett who's been roasted so many times this season.  You can go on and on.

If I was representing any young talent, I'd advise them to give Rovers and Mowbray a very wide berth.

But he did bring Buckley, Magloire and Butterworth in for their debuts. Nyambe played plenty under Mowbray and he plays Armstrong regularly who is 21. He made Raya our number 1 at 23, which was brave. In fact many on here have critisized that and are looking for a new number 1. 

On Travis, you say forced circumstances, but ignore the fact he played last season and has kept his place this year.

I don't get your point on Reed,  in his favored position or not, he played in almost every game this season.  If he actually thinks he is a "kid"in some derogatory way, then why did he play Dack, Bell and others at 23? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

But he did bring Buckley, Magloire and Butterworth in for their debuts. Nyambe played plenty under Mowbray and he plays Armstrong regularly who is 21. 

On Travis, you say forced circumstances, but ignore the fact he played last season and has kept his place this year.

I don't get you point on Reed,  in his favored position or not, he played in almost every game this season.  

Yes but Liverpool have a world class young player so there surely has to be a way to criticise Mowbray for that.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Yes but Liverpool have a world class young player so there surely has to be a way to criticise Mowbray for that.

Yes I am sure that that the only reason TAA is so good is because Klopp threw him on in the Champions league final :) 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Don't want to turn this into a pile on, but this argument is such a non-starter. We have the youngest Rovers squad in aeons. Mowbray has given debuts to at least half a dozen academy graduates over the last 2 years. Others have been given key roles when they were on the periphery. Almost all of his signings have been 24 or under, several significantly under. How many other managers have we had who have got anywhere near these sorts of stats? Some of the youngsters don't play every week, but that happens with almost all players who get near the first team at 18, 19, 20. 

Saying Mowbray isn't prioritising youth is absolutely bizarre. The evidence almost entirely points in the opposite direction. 

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
  • Like 5

Looking forward to watching Ajax again tonight.

They deserve the final. For such a young side to beat Juventus, Real Madrid and Spurs away from home in the knockout stages is commendable, all done whilst sticking to their attractive/inventive game plan and showing zero fear.

If anybody has time to kill, I'd recommend finding some extended highlights from the above three games, their attacking moves at times have been some of the best I've ever seen.

No secret, but De Ligt (leaving in summer) and De Jong (signing for Barca) will surely be spoken about as the best centre back/central midfielder in the world respectively soon.

(I've probably jinxed them haven't I..)

So, anyway, about last night (and in general), resting players really works right?

It seemed like the team that has played more minutes (and stressful ones) was the much stronger throughout.

Edited by Husky

Just now, Husky said:

What do people see in Deli Ali? Has he got the secret codes to the nukes.

Almost every time I see him he's gash. I might start calling him The Poor man's Casey Palmer.

I think he was far better a couple of years ago and has gone downhill. He was an exceptional teenager.

Mowbray got our job a couple of years ago - coincidence?

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I think he was far better a couple of years ago and has gone downhill. He was an exceptional teenager.

Mowbray got our job a couple of years ago - coincidence?

Get the snowflakes to put the laugh notification back.

???

• Like 2