BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League 2018-2019

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

First European game of football on TV I ever saw was the final between Real Madrid and Eintract Frankfurt but I won't be watching tonight. It's a disgrace that it's not on BBC1 or ITV.  So it's  " Inspector Montalbano " for me on BBC 4.

Indeed it's scandalous a game this big is not on Terrestrial TV.

Then again,football sold its soul years ago.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Indeed it's scandalous a game this big is not on Terrestrial TV.

Then again,football sold its soul years ago.

Can't believe how much sky charge to watch sport yet no champions league final unless you have BT. 

It'll have to be radio 5live.

9 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Can't believe how much sky charge to watch sport yet no champions league final unless you have BT. 

It’s free on YouTube and BT’s website. 

I watched the Europa final on YouTube and it was decent quality.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

It seems you pay around £20 a month extra through Sky to get 'the red button access', as you can get SkySports packages cheaper with other companies like Now (though they don't offer the red button service).

It's still a rip off though, especially through those companies where you have to pay for 'paid TV packages' before you can even add Sports. As you mentioned, perhaps the worst of all is that the games are often split between Sky and BT - so if you want to watch everything you have to pay for BOTH.

Or . . .get a decent boat . . .and . . . . you know the score. Though that's getting more difficult these days as they are getting banned and shut down more frequently than ever.

I miss the days of my 1mb (then upgraded for free to 2mb) cable connection where I used a certain program and everything used to work perfectly.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So it's  " Inspector Montalbano " for me on BBC 4.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll record it but watch the final on BT You tube.?

24 minutes ago, Husky said:

It seems you pay around £20 a month extra through Sky to get 'the red button access', as you can get SkySports packages cheaper with other companies like Now (though they don't offer the red button service).

It's still a rip off though, especially through those companies where you have to pay for 'paid TV packages' before you can even add Sports. As you mentioned, perhaps the worst of all is that the games are often split between Sky and BT - so if you want to watch everything you have to pay for BOTH.

Or . . .get a decent boat . . .and . . . . you know the score. Though that's getting more difficult these days as they are getting banned and shut down more frequently than ever.

I miss the days of my 1mb (then upgraded for free to 2mb) cable connection where I used a certain program and everything used to work perfectly.

Necessity is the Mother of Invention, Where there's a Will there's a Way ....... ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Necessity is the Mother of Invention, Where there's a Will there's a Way ....... ;)

Yeah, and even after all that goes...there is the 'real internet' (where 99% of what's out there resides).

I guess using indexed search engines is rather like paying for one of those massive encyclopedia collections and only receiving one page....?

• Like 1

Europa Cup Final worked perfectly well through my VPN set to Docklands so have already got the beer in for watching this evening.

Could go out but with Farsons very tasty Belgian-style Victory 1565 on offer at 80p for a 500ml can, why bother? Over 5% proof so a happy drink.

Access the football by going onto Youtube then search for BT Sport. Feed starts about 5 minutes before kick off so sadly you will miss out on Danny Murphy's build up...

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

I'm going out. I don't want either team to win it, I dislike both. Watching in a bar and making a night of it is the only way to negate that (other than becoming a hermit). It is Saturday night after all....?

Edited by Husky