BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League 2018-2019

51 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Yep hard to believe they were so poor - maybe their poorest game of the season - in Spurs' biggest match in history. Nothing they did worked. But to be fair, Liverpool defended like champions.

Liverpool were even worse if that’s possible. The early goal, which shouldn’t have been given,  ruined the game. Barca Ajax would have been ten times better.

• Like 1

Criminal to start Kane. Disgusting penalty (although that is the rule these days - which is a joke).

That's the worst I've seen Liverpool play all season. Fortunately they were playing against 9 men so they got away with it. Spurs will be kicking themselves tonight - absolutely there for the taking. 

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

How do u mean? Starting him?

Of course.

How many big games has kane not turned up for now...? Bad management keeping a clearly unfit player on for 90 minutes and therefore deserved to lose.  Even I knew kane would lack sharpness why didnt Poch? Too much arse licking

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Liverpool were even worse if that’s possible. The early goal, which shouldn’t have been given,  ruined the game. Barca Ajax would have been ten times better.

The 3 week break and heat doesn't lend itself to premier league hi intensity football.  

• Like 2

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Of course.

How many big games has kane not turned up for now...? Bad management keeping a clearly unfit player on for 90 minutes and therefore deserved to lose.  Even I knew kane would lack sharpness why didnt Poch? Too much arse licking

Kane usually turns up for big games but tonight clearly was nowhere near ready. I expect him to score a hatrick on Thursday now

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

What's kane done in big games? Name me a semi final hes played well in? Hes a bottler

Have you watched Spain v England? I keep watching the highlights. Brilliant from Kane.

• Like 2

Thought Spurs were hard done by with the penalty, chest first for sure. But, it saddens me to say what a poor advertisement for English football.  I was expecting a better game.  Is 3 weeks too long of a lay off till the final?  Just expected a lot more excitement, more so with Spurs going down so early.  I wanted Liverpool to win and the immediately switched my Allegiance after the penalty.  Was so looking forward to the game too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

FFS. Facebook is already unbearable. Amazing how many people feel the need to remind you that they are Liverpool fans despite being life-long non-Liverpudlians!

Even MOTD is trying to compare Klopp to Shankley! ??‍♂️

Now that is out of order.  Pffft.

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

Thought Spurs were hard done by with the penalty, chest first for sure. But, it saddens me to say what a poor advertisement for English football.  I was expecting a better game.  Is 3 weeks too long of a lay off till the final?  Just expected a lot more excitement, more so with Spurs going down so early.  I wanted Liverpool to win and the immediately switched my Allegiance after the penalty.  Was so looking forward to the game too.

The wait and therefore lack of match practice must have played a part as would the heat and humidity within the Stadium. 

The selection of Kane to start had mistake all over it - Ferdinand and Hoddle got that spot on.

As others have said Liverpool were not firing on full cylinders and Spurs the bottlers missed a great chance to bag a Trophy.

In the modern game where the arm is raised and extended so high, there is always a likelihood that a penalty will be given even with minimal arm contact, which there was. VAR makes it almost certain. Mane played for it.

Overall a very disappointing game to waste time on.

I will just avoid Scousers of all types for the foreseeable future, or more likely tell them to do one.

Gloating Scousers I can just about bear as at least they were born there. It's all the 'fans' who suddenly appear (Matty aptly described them as single use plastic) that do my noggin in. Yesterday evening I saw my neighbours and their extended family walking to the pub and all bar one were wearing new Liverpool shirts. I know for a fact that some of them have been Rovers fans in the recent past. They now proclaim Klopp as the second coming.

It's going to be a long summer ?

I think with the dominance of elite clubs, glory hunting is now as bad as it’s ever been.

Or perhaps it just seems worse to us as we look forward to our 8th year outside the top flight, and some parents just go for the easy option of letting their kid have a Liverpool/City shirt like the rest of their class.

You start to lose young ‘uns from Rovers supporting families and it’s game over, as the rest of the area has seemingly succumbed already.

Bleurgh.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Spurs are a better team without Kane, what was Pochettino thinking about dropping Moura, he's been their best player in the last few months including at Anfield. Spurs have won one game with Kane on the pitch since new years day. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

7 hours ago, USABlue said:

The day after the semis I was saying this was nothing more than an average PL game. I haven't seen the match but all the reports I've read suggest it was poor. What else would one expect without a Champion club in sight. The "Champions" League is total nonsense.

As it happens I'm in Porto at present. Not a single sports bar in sight, not one advert for the game, and this in a passionate football country. Possibly the Porto -Liverpool result influenced this?

Lots of publicity for the Nations League this week.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Spurs are a better team without Kane, what was Pochettino thinking about dropping Moura, he's been their best player in the last few months including at Anfield. Spurs have won one game with Kane on the pitch since new years day. 

How are spurs a better team without their only proven goal scorer? Yes in some ways they play more through midfield without him but he's by far their best player. Erikson for me is the overhyped one. He's nowhere near as good as people make him out to be. Harry winks was statistically their best player yesterday and they take him off instead of erikson

Just now, roverandout said:

How are spurs a better team without their only proven goal scorer? Yes in some ways they play more through midfield without him but he's by far their best player. Erikson for me is the overhyped one. He's nowhere near as good as people make him out to be. Harry winks was statistically their best player yesterday and they take him off instead of erikson

Ericksen has been way below his best for months, he looks like a player who doesn't want to be at Spurs.

I have to say that Kane, who I do rate as a goalscorer, should not have started. That is down to the Manager.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Son and Moura together pose more problems than Kane, Son looks half the player when Kane is in the team. Last night with Kane in spurs were very easy to defend against compare that to the game at the Etihad when they had the pace of Moura in attack and Son playing central.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

The day after the semis I was saying this was nothing more than an average PL game. I haven't seen the match but all the reports I've read suggest it was poor. What else would one expect without a Champion club in sight. The "Champions" League is total nonsense

This makes no sense.

An average premier league game tends to be exciting, it's the most exciting league in the world I believe. 

Was the game crap because neither team won their respective league last season?

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Son and Moura together pose more problems than Kane, Son looks half the player when Kane is in the team. Last night with Kane in spurs were very easy to defend against compare that to the game at the Etihad when they had the pace of Moura in attack and Son playing central.

Moura has been far more cold than hot this season. It's not Kane's fault son was awful. Like I said Erikson is the one who should be criticized, he has been awful for a while now. Kane thrives on service, he got none. Alan shearer wouldn't have been much use without good service. Give harry kane one good opportunity and he will score

Just now, roverandout said:

Moura has been far more cold than hot this season. It's not Kane's fault son was awful. Like I said Erikson is the one who should be criticized, he has been awful for a while now. Kane thrives on service, he got none. Alan shearer wouldn't have been much use without good service. Give harry kane one good opportunity and he will score

The last few months Moura has been very hot including against Liverpool at Anfield where he was Spurs' best player and Liverpool struggled to deal with him. 

49 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ericksen has been way below his best for months, he looks like a player who doesn't want to be at Spurs.

I have to say that Kane, who I do rate as a goalscorer, should not have started. That is down to the Manager.

Shades of Derek Dougan in the 1960 Cup Final and there were no subs for us to bring on then !

• Like 1