BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League 2018-2019

• Backroom

I didn’t watch it, I just don’t like seeing Liverpool win, even deleted social media for a few days as I’m friends with a few plastic scousers

Twas an alright night. Just about made it home before 6am.

As for the football. I don't really see how some can say Spuds played well and deserved to win. They basically got 'Italianed' out of it, the game was as good as over after 2 mins. Liverpool didn't have to force the issue after going ahead and having a decent keeper made the victory look really easy - (obviously poor for the neutral that was expecting an unnecessary attacking performance).

If it was an Italian team people would be saying it was a classic win. Possession (that Spuds had) doesn't mean anything when the other team basically let you have it due to tactics.

Deli Ali was absolutely gash as usual. Surely if the 'poor man's Dack' Grealish can show he can play at Premiership level he'll have to get the nod for England.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Husky said:

As for the football. I don't really see how some can say Spuds played well and deserved to win. They basically got 'Italianed' out of it, the game was as good as over after 2 mins. Liverpool didn't have to force the issue after going ahead and having a decent keeper made the victory look really easy - (obviously poor for the neutral that was expecting an unnecessary attacking performance).

If it was an Italian team people would be saying it was a classic win. Possession (that Spuds had) doesn't mean anything when the other team basically let you have it due to tactics.

Deli Ali was absolutely gash as usual. Surely if the 'poor man's Dack' Grealish can show he can play at Premiership level he'll have to get the nod for England.

Grealish will be an England player in 6 months, I guarantee. As will Madison and foden. We have 3 brilliantly talented playmakers coming through so we can cast aside Delph and lingard, I still think lingard and deli have future but as squad players. I think Ali is too hot and cold. He can produce moments of brilliance but other times he's invisible

7 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I've never liked Grealish, but then I never like divers and people who constantly moan at the ref when their hair cut got ruffled. 

He seemed to deal with the Birmingham fan ruffle ok.

Perhaps he's maturing?

20 hours ago, Husky said:

6am? I'd be hungover for days if I did that.

I agree with your summation. The early goal made it easy for Liverpool to force Spurs to play much differently that they would have liked. Liverpool's strength this year has been their defence, why not use it?

Despite me usually getting predictions wrong I was right about Kane. He was as effective as a lamppost. He wasn't helped by a lack of supply from Alli and Eriksen who were worse than he was.

I really enjoyed this year's tournament. There were some great games. Both semifinals were truly wonderful to watch. 

The big boys will be busy in the transfer market so there could be some different looking teams next year. Real will have Hazard and probably a few more. Barcelona aren't far off needing 5 or 6 new players, PSG will waste money.

On 02/06/2019 at 13:12, Sparks Rover said:

This makes no sense.

An average premier league game tends to be exciting, it's the most exciting league in the world I believe. 

Was the game crap because neither team won their respective league last season?

You believe the PL to be the most exciting league in the world? That's fine, I don't. The outcome of a PL season is very predictable which, for me, is boring. The "most exciting league in the world" is marketing hype the PL and Sky would like it's consumers to belive. It's not even the English PL with only 113 English players taking part last season. With squads of, I think 25, that's just over 20% of the potential.

ManchesterUnited have won 13/27 (50%) of titles with only two clubs outside of the big 4/5 winning it in 27 years. There is little that is exciting about a competition that is so predictable. Next season's champions will be City, possibly Liverpool.

If the PL is so exciting how is it two of the top four teams produced a final so widely criticised for its quality?

Edited by Paul

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

You believe the PL to be the most exciting league in the world? That's fine, I don't. The outcome of a PL season is very predictable which, for me, is boring. The "most exciting league in the world" is marketing hype the PL and Sky would like it's consumers to belive. It's not even the English PL with only 113 English players taking part last season. With squads of, I think 25, that's just over 20% of the potential.

ManchesterUnited have won 13/27 (50%) of titles with only two clubs outside of the big 4/5 winning it in 27 years. There is little that is exciting about a competition that is so predictable. Next season's champions will be City, possibly Liverpool.

If the PL is so exciting how is it two of the top four teams produced a final so widely criticised for its quality?

I don’t believe the hype either but, unless you were Blackburn Rovers, the first 12 years of the Premier League were a lot more dull than the last 12.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

I don’t believe the hype either but, unless you were Blackburn Rovers, the first 12 years of the Premier League were a lot more dull than the last 12.

Very true.