BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Support for Gladwin

Might be a good time, for those who use social media, to offer messages of encouragement to Gladwin. He certainly had the right qualities and skills at one point. If he could find his way back then he might be another welcome addition to the first team. I'm sure he gets loads of encouragement from TM and his staff but haven't seen much in the form of encouragement from Rovers' supporters. If he and Rodwell could be rehabilitated, it would make for a powerful team. Just a thought. 

5 games and I saw them all, looked exactly what he is, a lower league journeyman. Plus, his ‘languid’ style would not fit the present side one bit.

Like Sam Hart, he won’t ever make it at this level, you don’t need to see them play dozens of matches to get to that conclusion.

The club is moving on apace and the likes of Gladwin are being left behind, shame for them but that’s football.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

5 games and I saw them all, looked exactly what he is, a lower league journeyman. Plus, his ‘languid’ style would not fit the present side one bit.

Like Sam Hart, he won’t ever make it at this level, you don’t need to see them play dozens of matches to get to that conclusion.

...any more.

I only saw him play in that egg cup game at Rochdale but I could see the skill was there. I'd say he was possibly our best player that night but to be honest nobody played well, especially after we went down ton 10. He'd good control for a big guy and he could beat a man going either side. He has a languid appearance but plenty of top forwards are like that. That was his last game, I can't recall him being injured that night during the game.  What's gone wrong there I don't know.

33 minutes ago, mick said:

Might be a good time, for those who use social media, to offer messages of encouragement to Gladwin. He certainly had the right qualities and skills at one point. If he could find his way back then he might be another welcome addition to the first team. I'm sure he gets loads of encouragement from TM and his staff but haven't seen much in the form of encouragement from Rovers' supporters. If he and Rodwell could be rehabilitated, it would make for a powerful team. Just a thought. 

He's been here a while and offered nothing really he's been left out for a reason when he's been fit. There's a queue in front of him imo who need support first not knocking, i'm thinking Smallwood, the rejuvenated contract seeking Evans etc

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I've got no problem with him sticking around and trying to push for the first team, but I wouldn't go looking for supporters to give him a gee up based on what we've seen so far. We're too busy being in love with Dackington.

I'm amazed that anyone would pay £3.5m for a League Two player. Gladwin did well the season before QPR bought him, but I can only put it down to QPR being very badly run. To put it into perspective, we picked up our aforementioned saviour for £750K - the League One Young Player of the Season for the third year running. Where the hell was everyone else?!

Gillingham's young player of the year for the third year running, not League One's young player for the third year running.

2 hours ago, mick said:

Try support for doctors..paramedics..firemen..police officers..soldiers who get payed a pittance risking their lives..pretty sad feeling sorry for someone who sits on their arse and get paid for it

• Like 2

Why do you feel it necessary to take a suggestion to support an injured player off on some tangent that implies I suggested a lack of support for people who work in essential services? BTW if you think that they are ALL of great character then you are naive. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So Gladwin beats Vince Grella's record easily. Not that I have anything against either of them.

Grella's body just let him down. This was proved when he had to retire from playing football in Australia earlier than he should have.

Gladwin looks like he may be going the same way. I hope not for his sake.

• Like 1

Feel sorry for them both. I know what it's like missing the game you love through long term injury and it's much worse for them because it's their livelihood and their career. Samuel knew it was a make or break season for him and worked very hard on his own in the summer to improve his fitness and was showing distinct signs of improvement before his injury. Gladwin has ability but needs to play regularly, which is very unlikely at Ewood now; I doubt we'll see him in a Rovers shirt again. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Well, we already pretty much knew Samuel was done for the season. Gladwin was realistically never going to play a part anyway. I'm not sure we'll see either of them playing for us again, although Samuel may get another chance next season if he keeps working hard. Honestly though I'd hope by then we have better options to choose from. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Feel sorry for them both. I know what it's like missing the game you love through long term injury and it's much worse for them because it's their livelihood and their career. Samuel knew it was a make or break season for him and worked very hard on his own in the summer to improve his fitness and was showing distinct signs of improvement before his injury. Gladwin has ability but needs to play regularly, which is very unlikely at Ewood now; I doubt we'll see him in a Rovers shirt again. 

Totally agree with your sentiments about the misfortune of injury. 

I dont agree that Gladwin has ability, nor that Samuel was showing "distinct signs of improvement."