BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Support for Gladwin

56 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Missed an open goal against Plymouth or Fleetwood  last season ...

And thats all I remember from him, Palmer has missed two open goals so far thou ?‍♂️ 

But yeah at least Palmer has scored a few aswell, does he has 2 goals for us? ? I think I’d get rid of both

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Honestly can’t remember seeing him play for us tbh. Although I obviously have. I’d like it if it worked out for him with us, but I can’t see it....

I saw him play the full 90 minutes at Rochdale in that egg cup game. He started out playing wide left in a sort of 4-4-2 with Samuel and Nuttall up front., When Wharton got sent off after 20 minutes and we had to play with 10 men he played a bit deeper on the left with Nuttall playing up front on his own, Samuel got the hook to allow Platt to take Wharton's place.

I thought he was our best player that night but that isn't saying a great deal.  We were pretty poor even before we went down to 10. He had a good touch on the ball, he could beat a man and he could go either side.  Average pace wise but a bit like Dack he had a change of pace. He ran well with the ball. He got his head up in possession and he was looking to make things happen. Plus he kept going right to the end.

Strangely enough he didn't appear to be injured during the game but as far as I know that was his last game before he climbed onto the treatment table.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I saw him play the full 90 minutes at Rochdale in that egg cup game. He started out playing wide left in a sort of 4-4-2 with Samuel and Nuttall up front., When Wharton got sent off after 20 minutes and we had to play with 10 men he played a bit deeper on the left with Nuttall playing up front on his own, Samuel got the hook to allow Platt to take Wharton's place.

I thought he was our best player that night but that isn't saying a great deal.  We were pretty poor even before we went down to 10. He had a good touch on the ball, he could beat a man and he could go either side.  Average pace wise but a bit like Dack he had a change of pace. He ran well with the ball. He got his head up in possession and he was looking to make things happen. Plus he kept going right to the end.

Strangely enough he didn't appear to be injured during the game but as far as I know that was his last game before he climbed onto the treatment table.

Can you imagine, he has played injured and he still has been our best player that day. Maybe he is better than Dack

• 10 months later...

He’s still here and in with a chance for ANOTHER contract in January by the sounds of if. 

Another to add to the list of odd going’s on...

‘Ben Gladwin is also training with the squad again having not made a senior appearance for two years. The attacking midfielder saw his deal at the club extended through to January, with his future set to be reviewed again in the coming weeks.

“Ben Gladwin has been back on the training pitch, looking strong, but he obviously needs some game-time having been out two years, said Mowbray.”

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s still here and in with a chance for ANOTHER contract in January by the sounds of if. 

Another to add to the list of odd going’s on...

‘Ben Gladwin is also training with the squad again having not made a senior appearance for two years. The attacking midfielder saw his deal at the club extended through to January, with his future set to be reviewed again in the coming weeks.

“Ben Gladwin has been back on the training pitch, looking strong, but he obviously needs some game-time having been out two years, said Mowbray.”

Things like this really annoy me. We are paying this waster having extended his contract whilst Ewood Park, the pride of Blackburn Rovers is falling into a sad state of disrepair. Waggott mentioned the cost of cleaning recently (I can't remember the actual figure) but maybe if deals weren't given to players who can't deliver the money wasted on them could be put to better use.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

Things like this really annoy me. We are paying this waster having extended his contract whilst Ewood Park, the pride of Blackburn Rovers is falling into a sad state of disrepair. Waggott mentioned the cost of cleaning recently (I can't remember the actual figure) but maybe if deals weren't given to players who can't deliver the money wasted on them could be put to better use.

Neville mansion is extremely well maintained (daily) even though nobody has been there for nearly 5 years. All paid for from Rovers.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

Another one for those on the FF

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t understand keeping a player on that is permenently injured and never likely to break into the 1st team,another case of mowbray not being strong enough,pay the lad off and get him off the wage bill,ffs mowbray are you a man or a mouse

Exactly.

if he was a first team player then it’s understandable, possibly if he was a top youth prospect also but he is neither.

he couldn’t get in a team that had Antonsson in his position in league 1 ffs.

ive never seen him do anything when he has played AT LEAGUE 1 LEVEL OR SECOND STRING LEAGUE 2 TEAMS IN THE CUP.

WHY the hell is he still here when we have chapman, Holtby, Rothwell, butterworth, costello, Armstrong, downing and even Bennett who are all far better and that’s before you consider his weak (insert injury) and two years out the game. He will never in a million years even make the bench

The club is rotten from top to bottom and most likely corrupt. Jobs for the boys. Sick to death of it. The whole place stinks and not because we can’t afford to clean the toilets due to paying this waster.

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

But we are only letting him get fit, it’s just a conspiracy to think we are actually giving him a contract....

Contractually and legally I’m led to believe if a player receives a long term injury before his contract expires at his club then they must allow him rehabilitation facilities and a contract of employment in place whilst he overcomes his initial injury I.e pay as you play. Assume this helps with any eventual insurance claim too.

Something the LET need to ask if you think about it as two years plus is beginning to look dodgy like one of the undisclosed drug bans 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

It’s just another in a lengthening list of reasons to want Mowbray out.

Can’t afford time clean the stadium or offer better match ticket deals to increase support...

...or keep giving a wage to another substandard crock not earning it?

?

It’s certainly a difficult one.

• Like 1

My main concern is he's rubbish at this level and if we are to progress the likes of him and Samuel must be moved on when they are fit. Even if we can't afford anyone else they are taking up squad/bench space of hungry young players who might replace them.  They contribute next to nothing when fit anyway and the whole idea of moving the club forwards is to replace poor or unused players with ones who might bring something. Or just freshen it up if nothing else.

Mowbray signings though for a bit of money so he'll probably bend over backwards for them to earn new deals. If so i'll be re-evaluating my opinions on honest T.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

My main concern is he's rubbish at this level and if we are to progress the likes of him and Samuel must be moved on when they are fit. Even if we can't afford anyone else they are taking up squad/bench space of hungry young players who might replace them.  They contribute next to nothing when fit anyway and the whole idea of moving the club forwards is to replace poor or unused players with ones who might bring something. Or just freshen it up if nothing else.

Mowbray signings though for a bit of money so he'll probably bend over backwards for them to earn new deals. If so i'll be re-evaluating my opinions on honest T.

Exactly this but doesn’t anyone have any faith that he won’t keep both. Samuel in the U23s is like a poor man’s Joe Nuttall. Gladwin, I had hoped we had seen the last of.

• Like 1

• Backroom

According to Tony he didn’t want to cast an injured player aside who couldn’t ply his trade 

This isn’t the first time Tony’s own sense of decency has got in what’s best for the club

12 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Poor man's Joe Nuttall...God, how depressing!

See this is what annoys me most of all. Is that we spend money replacing our young talent with worse. Caddis for Nayambe (thankfully didn't work out), Walton for Raya, Samuel for Nuttall. I'm not saying ant of the youngsters are world beaters but to replace them with worse at cost seems a really stupid and financially irresponsible thing to do. 

Eligible - Interesting choice of word when talking about getting a player fit again after a two year lay off. 

Some he looks after some he doesn't it seems but he's certainly a sucker for a hard luck story when it's not his money he's chucking around.

Meanwhile his team flounders and the dead wood get paid.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18053918.mowbray-next-gladwin-return-training/

“I’d seen him playing in League One for Swindon and he was very good, too good for that level. Too big, too strong, too powerful, scoring goals.

8 goals in 47 games in League 1 for Swindon and Mowbray makes out he was one of the best players ever at that level. He is just basing his opinion on 1 game against Coventry, isn't he? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel