BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Support for Gladwin

• Backroom

The lad seems genuinely delighted to be back on the pitch, hope it works out for him.

Remember watching the lad (was it Will Hughes?) on the Sunderland documentary that was injured a lot and how it took its toll mentally.

Edited by Tom

• Backroom

I knew it was a generic name just couldn’t remember it ha 

The documentary showed how football can be a lonely place when out injured.

I was lucky enough to attend a wellbeing talk this week hosted by Rio Ferdinand and Fearne Cotton, Rio shared some really personal anecdotes about how footballers can act and feel and it’s good to remember there is a human behind the shirt.

On 22/11/2019 at 18:45, LDRover said:

You just KNOW this is going to happen

Watched him today against Burnley . I felt a deal of sympathy tbh. He’s a big old unit and a lot of our stuff went through him . He had a big presence compared to those around him but looked like his body couldn’t work at the same speed as his brain. . I genuinely hope it’s ring rust that he can overcome if so he will have a career somewhere . But it’s not pleasant watching  somebody struggle in that way . The lad will have been through hell last couple of years and whatever we think of his ability you have to hope he can salvage something for his own and his family’s sake . 

• Like 4

Just now, TBTF said:

Watched him today against Burnley . I felt a deal of sympathy tbh. He’s a big old unit and a lot of our stuff went through him . He had a big presence compared to those around him but looked like his body couldn’t work at the same speed as his brain. . I genuinely hope it’s ring rust that he can overcome if so he will have a career somewhere . But it’s not pleasant watching  somebody struggle in that way . The lad will have been through hell last couple of years and whatever we think of his ability you have to hope he can salvage something for his own and his family’s sake . 

When I saw him in that game against Rochdale I thought I could see a player there. He's a big lad with two good feet and although he's not quick he had a good change of pace and once he gets on his bike he could be hard to catch.  He could go either way with the ball, left or right. Having said that 2 years out may be an insurmountable amount of ring rust

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Backroom

Super goal from Gladwin today, delighted for him you can tell it meant a lot.

Thanked Rovers in his interview post match hinted at being really low at times and the support of the club along with his wife and son got him through.

100% think Mowbray got his handling of this spot on

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Super goal from Gladwin today, delighted for him you can tell it meant a lot.

Thanked Rovers in his interview post match hinted at being really low at times and the support of the club along with his wife and son got him through.

100% think Mowbray got his handling of this spot on

Yeah, there's a decent player in there if he can steer clear of injuries.

I was more critical of the wall of silence regarding his injuries. He seemed to vanish off the planet once he wasn't playing.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2020 at 10:41, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, there's a decent player in there if he can steer clear of injuries.

I was more critical of the wall of silence regarding his injuries. He seemed to vanish off the planet once he wasn't playing.

I don't think there was a wall of silence. In fact I recall plenty of criticism on here with every bit of info that did come out.  

• 5 months later...