BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Decent game. Pleased Southgate changed the formation. He's really good at figuring out how to change to the system. 

Could go either way. Id think about bringing Alli on for Rice who has struggled in my opinion.

Have to say I really like Barkley. Think he could become a really top player.

England once again showing that they don’t have the mental strength to come back after being robbed by the officials. (I quite admire how they were up front about it by selecting a ref with the name Turpin though).

UEFA will be delighted. The mayor of Guimaraes less so.

• Like 2

Just now, philipl said:

And for an encore...

Actually Pickford has been excellent tonight.

Switzerland will rip this team apart on Sunday.

Nah, I think England should do well against them. Much mode porous side.

Netherlands did us through being very defensively solid and marking well in midfield. We couldn't find any passes out of the back.

• Like 1

England simply confirmed what we all know.

We are around 5th to 9th best in the World. Can smash lesser sides which is not something we used to be able to do so that is progress but there are enough countries out there to stop our progress with something to spare.

I must admit that when i've watched Man City I've always thought Stones and more so Walker were their worst players. Absolutely shocking.

Bring back Leyton Baines....Sol Campbell..... anyone!! That was the worst England defending I've ever seen.

Bring back Big Sam! If in doubt kick it out!

I'm actually in SHOCK! Did that really happen?

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Netherlands did us through being very defensively solid and marking well in midfield. We couldn't find any passes out of the back.

But for Ronaldo, Switzerland were the better side v Portugal. Our ponderous short and mid range passing will be meat and drink to the energetic tough tackling Swiss.

Just now, philipl said:

England simply confirmed what we all know.

We are around 5th to 9th best in the World. Can smash lesser sides which is not something we used to be able to do so that is progress but there are enough countries out there to stop our progress with something to spare.

We beat them in normal time.

VAR is going to kill football as a spectator sport even more quickly if it is used incorrectly. Watching players, manager and fans celebrate to then be laughed at by opposition fans is going to get very old.

• Like 1

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Spot on, which led to too many backward passes putting receiving players in dangerous places

Just now, philipl said:

But for Ronaldo, Switzerland were the better side v Portugal. Our ponderous short and mid range passing will be meat and drink to the energetic tough tackling Swiss.

Our poor passing was due to an excellent Netherlands press, and our total avoidance of playing ball long as we were terrified of van dyke and de ligt in the air.

Switzerland will be much more our cup of tea to play against.

Overall we've played very well over the last 18 months, we're not as good as the best teams but we're decent and should be marginal favourites against Switzerland.

Edit - one thing I would do is drop Rice. We need players who can play on the turn and he cant at the moment. Henderson or Dier would be much more effective in his role.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Horror show defending. England so poor and well beaten, by a far superior Netherlands side. It really was back to the bad old days under Hodgson and many others and is a wake up call for Southgate. Now another meaningless game against the Swiss. The season drags on and on. Does anyone care ?