BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Horror show defending. England so poor and well beaten, by a far superior Netherlands side. It really was back to the bad old days under Hodgson and many others and is a wake up call for Southgate. Now another meaningless game against the Swiss. The season drags on and on. Does anyone care ? 

Not now.

• Like 1

I don't need to read the comments because I'm sure it's going to be negative negative negative. All I will say this team is fine but our central midfield is woeful but....I have high hopes for winks, cheek Madison and foden. They will make a world of difference to this team. They are all creative technically gifted players. Stones as talented as he is needs to cut out the stupid risk takes. Gomez needs to come in. Also taa needs to come in for walker. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, roverandout said:

I don't need to read the comments because I'm sure it's going to be negative negative negative. All I will say this team is fine but our central midfield is woeful but....I have high hopes for winks, cheek Madison and foden. They will make a world of difference to this team. They are all creative technically gifted players. Stones as talented as he is needs to cut out the stupid risk takes. Gomez needs to come in. Also taa needs to come in for walker. 

We were second best for most of the game, the defensive errors actually exposing our lack of 'technically gifted players'.

The result exposed Southgate's weakness on not selecting CL final players, Henderson in particular.

Walker should never play for England again, has speed and a bit of physical presence and that is it. Chilwell was good as was Pickford but Sterling was off his game.

41 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We were second best for most of the game, the defensive errors actually exposing our lack of 'technically gifted players'.

The result exposed Southgate's weakness on not selecting CL final players, Henderson in particular.

Walker should never play for England again, has speed and a bit of physical presence and that is it. Chilwell was good as was Pickford but Sterling was off his game.

I agree that walker limits us, Trent Alexander Arnold or Trippier are better players.

On the technically gifted side I think we have very good technical players indeed at nearly every position. I don't really see that as a major problem for us. More of an issue is the soft defence I think.

We just need to keep chipping away.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I agree that walker limits us, Trent Alexander Arnold or Trippier are better players.

On the technically gifted side I think we have very good technical players indeed at nearly every position. I don't really see that as a major problem for us. More of an issue is the soft defence I think.

We just need to keep chipping away.

Yes, maybe I was a tad harsh with the 'technically gifted' comment.

We finished normal time the stronger side and I think could have won it in ET apart from the 2 awful errors.

I would favour Trent ahead of Trippier who had an awful 2nd half to his Spurs Season.

The midfield three of Delph, Rice and Barkley must be one of the weakest that England have ever put out - and I'm including the Carlton Palmer years in that!!! (Actually that's harsh on Barkley who was very good, but Delph and Rice are nowhere near the standard required for a top international side)

And through the rest of the team it seemed to me a return to the bad old days of players picked on reputation or which club side they play for rather than form. Anyone that's seen Rashford play for Utd over the last 4 or 5 weeks of the season would know that he's hopelessly out of form - same with Kane in the Champions league final - why then did Callum Wilson not get a chance?

Jadon Sancho was probably our best player whilst he was on the pitch, but he's taken off (ahead of Sterling who was anonymous all night) and Lingard brought on - another who has been out of form at club level for a while now. And Dele Ali is another who is living off his reputation at the moment - whilst players in form, such as Maddison, Ward-Prowse, Redmond and Winks are all nowhere to be seen

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaveyB said:

The midfield three of Delph, Rice and Barkley must be one of the weakest that England have ever put out - and I'm including the Carlton Palmer years in that!!! (Actually that's harsh on Barkley who was very good, but Delph and Rice are nowhere near the standard required for a top international side)

And through the rest of the team it seemed to me a return to the bad old days of players picked on reputation or which club side they play for rather than form. Anyone that's seen Rashford play for Utd over the last 4 or 5 weeks of the season would know that he's hopelessly out of form - same with Kane in the Champions league final - why then did Callum Wilson not get a chance?

Jadon Sancho was probably our best player whilst he was on the pitch, but he's taken off (ahead of Sterling who was anonymous all night) and Lingard brought on - another who has been out of form at club level for a while now. And Dele Ali is another who is living off his reputation at the moment - whilst players in form, such as Maddison, Ward-Prowse, Redmond and Winks are all nowhere to be seen

I thought Lingard was pretty good to be honest. Seems to get a lot of unfair stick.

Speculative, but I would say if Henderson and Dier had started ahead of Rice and Delph I think we would have won that game. 

Weve got a really good squad generally but we could do with one real deep playing  playmaker coming through to tie things together. A Tugay, Xavi, Carrick type. Winks is probably closest to that but I'm not sure he has the quality.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We have plenty of technical players. Problem is, as joey said, the likes of stones needs to play regularly.  He switches off which is part down to lack of game time and part down to overconfidence and negligence. Gomez is a top defender and he will make a huge difference when fully fit. The young lads coming through fills me with huge hope. This is a setback, we are not a title winning side until we sort out centre midfield. But there are some very talented young midfielders who didn't play last night that will be a huge step up from the one last night 

Edited by roverandout

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I thought Lingard was pretty good to be honest. Seems to get a lot of unfair stick.

Speculative, but I would say if Henderson and Dier had started ahead of Rice and Delph I think we would have won that game. 

Weve got a really good squad generally but we could do with one real deep playing  playmaker coming through to tie things together. A Tugay, Xavi, Carrick type. Winks is probably closest to that but I'm not sure he has the quality.

Winks is a very good player. Against Liverpool on Saturday he had the highest pass completion rate on the pitch. He plays in the xavi mode. Keeps the ball moving forward. Anyway for me cheek is the ideal player. Strong, technically gifted, an eye for a pass

21 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Wow, that was amazingly bad. Two goals like in the same match is pretty incredible.

The 2nd and 3rd goals were that bad that you almost forgot how bad the first goal was.

It was pretty bad.

21 hours ago, Stuart said:

VAR is going to kill football as a spectator sport even more quickly if it is used incorrectly. Watching players, manager and fans celebrate to then be laughed at by opposition fans is going to get very old.

It might take a bit of getting used to. They should at least make it like American Football and let the ref explain wtf is going on to the crowd - as that part about not knowing wtf is going on is terrible

Incidentally France had a goal chalked off by VAR in their current Women's world cup game, whilst everyone was waiting to restart the game from the centre spot.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Husky said:

It might take a bit of getting used to. They should at least make it like American Football and let the ref explain wtf is going on to the crowd - as that part about not knowing wtf is going on is terrible

Incidentally France had a goal chalked off by VAR in their current Women's world cup game, whilst everyone was waiting to restart the game from the centre spot.

It’s not quick enough. That’s just a nonsense.

On 07/06/2019 at 23:37, Stuart said:

It’s not quick enough. That’s just a nonsense.

It's a myth that football is some quick flowing game.

The ball is not even in play for a lot of the game. There's also so much time wasting - pretending to be injured (cheating) etc. going on in football that waiting for VAR decisions is hardly going to break the game up.

The problem I have with VAR decisions is that they are seemingly decided by some 'hidden forces' that are not made accountable for their decisions. For me it'ss got to be Ref at the screen making the final decision with full transparency (including letting - or showing the crowd what's going on).

• Like 1

Just now, Husky said:

It's a myth that football is some quick flowing game.

The ball is not even in play for a lot of the game. There's also so much time wasting - pretending to be injured (cheating) etc. going on in football that waiting for VAR decisions is hardly going to break the game up.

The problem I have with VAR decisions is that they are seemingly decided by some 'hidden forces' that are not made accountable for their decisions. For me it'ss got to be Ref at the screen making the final decision with full transparency (including letting - or showing the crowd what's going on).

And at the moment for the EPL next season VAR decisions will be made at Stockley Park by somebody viewing a screen. They will tell the referee what the decision is and the referee will comply. This was the way the EPL Chairmen and CEO's voted for it to be implemented.

VAR has just found a new low.

There will be no more goals ever if they are going to take into account any infringement that the referee didn’t give in the build up.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2