BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, philipl said:

Bright horribly at fault for their second goal. The speed and trickery of the USA making her look like a big lump.

I’d say it’s both fullbacks at fault in the first and Stokes for the second not tracking the run.

For how good Bronze is going forwards she also left her winger an unchallenged header.

The USA seem particularly strong out wide.

Still a chance but I’d hook Scott for someone willing to put their foot on it like Kirby

Just now, philipl said:

Bright horribly at fault for their second goal. The speed and trickery of the USA making her look like a big lump.

She does look like a rugby player.

Top speed match up though....

White 28.4kmph

Morgan 26.2kmph

Their spying mission is paying off though. Those balls and those headers...and no funny hair Trump hater on the pitch.

45 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Jill Scott hasn’t turned up either

Spoiler alert. She did. They all did. Can have their heads held high.

Didnt play to our best but can’t fault the effort against the best side in the world.

Still on balance feel we deserved more.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Spoiler alert. She did. They all did. Can have their heads held high.

Didnt play to our best but can’t fault the effort against the best side in the world.

Still on balance feel we deserved more.

Best team won I thought. They played a high line and we only rarely found a way through. If you miss pens you can't complain. Definite pen though, her striking foot was just nudged as she went for the ball.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Second best throughout, gave the ball away constantly. 

Was the plan for VAR that it would disallow goals and award pens for minuscule infractions invisible to the naked eye? And what happened to daylight between the forward and the last defender?

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

I don't know how any 'men only' football fans could not have loved that.

It was typical of the English loser mentality. Either bottling it like last year when favourites or plucky losers when deserving more - like tonight and 1990.

So we move on to 57 year's of hurt - as the next real world cup won't be until 2023. ?

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Second best throughout, gave the ball away constantly. 

Was the plan for VAR that it would disallow goals and award pens for minuscule infractions invisible to the naked eye? And what happened to daylight between the forward and the last defender?

I agree about our passing, it was poor tonight. we played a bit tip tappy I thought. Nevilles influence there. I thought he dropped a bollock playing Parris up front for the first hour, it never worked with two up front and we got over run in midfield.

Thought that England were terrible why insist on playing out from the back when your players aren't good enough to do so? The Yanks defence didn't look very good but rather then get the ball forward and get at them, they constantly lost the ball trying to play it out from the back. 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Thought that England were terrible why insist on playing out from the back when your players aren't good enough to do so? The Yanks defence didn't look very good but rather then get the ball forward and get at them, they constantly lost the ball trying to play it out from the back. 

Similar story with the men’s team, and many teams at the moment to be honest.

Its trendy I suppose, but you have to have the players to do it or a high press and intercept completely cancels out any benefit.

• Like 3

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

I agree, you need the players that can play it out from the back to play that game. Our two girls are decent defenders but ball players they aren't.