BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Annddddd........ It all ends in failure as is the normal English way.

Once the 'equaliser' was ruled out. That was that. Sweden came out for the 2nd half with the sole intention of defending their lead and that's what they did admirably.

Where does this leave Neville? If women's football is as ruthless as the mens he should get a pay rise and 4 more years on the contract.

Edited by Husky

On 07/07/2019 at 11:30, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I didn't see the game but to lose against a team that played 120 minutes the night after we played 90 isn't great. I'm not in the Phil Neville fan club. He talks a good game but he came up short when the chips were down.

Like his brother then.

• Like 1

Significantly, England changed the system to play 4-4-1-1 against the Yanks and it clearly didn't work when woman for woman we could have beaten them.

The Dutch switched to 4-4-1-1 and with a more limited side (but without the mistakes in them England had in every game throughout the campaign), gave the USA a tougher examination.

On 07/07/2019 at 11:30, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I didn't see the game but to lose against a team that played 120 minutes the night after we played 90 isn't great. I'm not in the Phil Neville fan club. He talks a good game but he came up short when the chips were down.

He's a pillock like his brother. Too much coaching through the game for me.  He even caused the left back to miscontrol the ball because he was screaming in her ear hole as the ball arrived at her feet.

He's a dick is neville and his daft sister who looks like a cross between gaz and Phil...jeez 

• 1 month later...

Looks like there is real strength in depth in most positions now.

You look outside of todays team, which to be honest I didnt feel was our strongest, we also have Alexander-Arnold, Walker and Wan-Bissaka at RB, Chilwell at LB, Gomez and Stones at CB, far better ball players in Winks, Maddison, Mount, Chamberlain and Alli centrally and the likes of Sancho and Hudson-Odoi in wide areas.

• Like 4

It's good to play the 'youngsters' and fringe players in the competitive qualifiers (albeit they seem very testimonial). Though at what stage should Southgate have a settled tournament starting team?

It's highly likely that we will have secured qualification for the Euro 2020 Finals in around 4 weeks time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

We will never win any major championship. We cannot defend. We should be out of sight at 5-1 at HT. Unbelievable! 5-3.

England were never going to get beat.

Kosovo's goals were all from England mistakes. Rather make them now so that the coaching staff can deal with it.

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

England were never going to get beat.

Kosovo's goals were all from England mistakes. Rather make them now so that the coaching staff can deal with it.

I agree we were not in danger of losing, but to be 5-1 up against one of the World's newest teams, I think to concede two in ten after the break makes me very worried. It is a pattern, get your defence sorted!!!

Just now, bazza said:

Excellent game of football. Kosovo are very good. Like Blackpool under Ollie in the Prem, they were a breath of fresh air. I enjoyed every minute.

Only caught part of the second half but they looked excellent. Real dark horses.

Reminded me of Croatia.

• Like 1