BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

Probably quite a lot aren't.

Looking at that England squad, how many would you class as a 'complete knob'?

You may be right, but overall footballers, especially when in groups with fellow footballers, act like daft schoolkids. One on one they may be different.

I'll also suggest that an England call up should help them grow up.

I did read an account from Jimmy Bullard about how he and David Bentley acted in one of Capello's squads. It was embarrassing.

• Like 1

In the grand scheme of things, they are still kids. I didn't fully grow up (some say I still haven't) until I was into my 30's. My teens and twenties was all about hanging with the lads and pulling birds.

Throw in a shit ton of money and you essentially have a bunch of kids with massive egos that think they rule the world. It really is no surprise that once their careers are over, many end up broke. If I look back and wish I was wiser with my money when I was younger, imagine what some of this lot think once their hefty contracts disappear?

When I think of young people with money, my mind always wanders back to:

Image result for Micky lottery winner

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JacknOry said:

In the grand scheme of things, they are still kids. I didn't fully grow up (some say I still haven't) until I was into my 30's. My teens and twenties was all about hanging with the lads and pulling birds.

Throw in a shit ton of money and you essentially have a bunch of kids with massive egos that think they rule the world. It really is no surprise that once their careers are over, many end up broke. If I look back and wish I was wiser with my money when I was younger, imagine what some of this lot think once their hefty contracts disappear?

When I think of young people with money, my mind always wanders back to:

Image result for Micky lottery winner

20191114183449.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Evidently not!

Montenegro are a poor poor side.

However, England have some real attacking options.

If Stones can find his form, Gomez gets a regular run for Liverpool after Christmas, maybe even if Tomori keeps on playing like he is at the mo England will be more solid at the back.

11 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Montenegro are a poor poor side.

However, England have some real attacking options.

If Stones can find his form, Gomez gets a regular run for Liverpool after Christmas, maybe even if Tomori keeps on playing like he is at the mo England will be more solid at the back.

I think going forward we must be the best in Europe. Defensively they worry me. Stones needs games as does Gomez at club level. T.A.A has to start at full back as does Chilwell. 

Was really impressed with Winks and Ox tonight. I would add Henderson to them 2 to complete the midfield. Upfront I would go Rashford, Sterling and Kane.

• Like 1

When the game started they announced no VAR.  Whoopee!! Thank goodness for that. What a much better experience without it.

I see the law about the ball hitting the referee had been tweaked so now the ref stops the game and gives a drop ball to one team. Utterly stupid. Why couldn't they have left it as treating the ref as if he were a goal post. 

Anyway, well done England. Was Mowbray watching and taking note how a game should be played? I doubt it.

Just now, bazza said:

When the game started they announced no VAR.  Whoopee!! Thank goodness for that. What a much better experience without it.

I see the law about the ball hitting the referee had been tweaked so now the ref stops the game and gives a drop ball to one team. Utterly stupid. Why couldn't they have left it as treating the ref as if he were a goal post. 

Anyway, well done England. Was Mowbray watching and taking note how a game should be played? I doubt it.

I think Rovers would give Montenegro a game bad as we are. England's defence still worries me. You shouldn't be unhinged by an ale house ball down the middle at this level.

Just now, bazza said:

I reckon Mowbray would've loved it when Trent moved into centre midfield. England's Elliott Bennett!!

• Like 1

It’s an absolute waste of time playing teams like that. Barely a professional standard. Appalling defending for most goals particularly those last two. 

The whole qualification process needs a total overhaul. San Marino, Lichtenstein, Latvia, Malta, Andorra, Estonia, faro Islands, Scotland, etc, etc, should be playing qualifiers when the main tournament is on in order to qualify for the qualifiers. So only the best of the dregs get through.

Ps. Slightly disappointed there were boos for Gomez coming on. From what I understand of the situation if anyone should get booed its the perennial idiot Sterling.

41 minutes ago, matt83 said:

It’s an absolute waste of time playing teams like that. Barely a professional standard. Appalling defending for most goals particularly those last two. 

The whole qualification process needs a total overhaul. San Marino, Lichtenstein, Latvia, Malta, Andorra, Estonia, faro Islands, Scotland, etc, etc, should be playing qualifiers when the main tournament is on in order to qualify for the qualifiers. So only the best of the dregs get through.

Ps. Slightly disappointed there were boos for Gomez coming on. From what I understand of the situation if anyone should get booed its the perennial idiot Sterling.

harsh lol

The proliferation of the former USSR and Yugoslavia countries coupled with the super-minnows, qualification is largely now a procession for the top sides.

No jeopardy at all, like there used to be, when it would often go to the last game, think of Terry Butcher et al.

17 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

harsh lol

Initially it was tongue and cheek but the more I think about it Scotland fully deserved their lowly reputation. They’re below the mighty Cyprus in their group and only got 9 pts in a group which also contains San Marino and Kazakhstan. Haven’t really threatened qualification in 20 years even when let every sod in. 

On 12/11/2019 at 14:28, rog of the rovers said:

Cracking article for the statto's (like me) on England's 1000 games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50340459

According to the article, 48 Blackburn Rovers players have represented England.... without looking......can we name them?

Rovers ranked 9th, quite probably 7th only 12 months ago.

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The proliferation of the former USSR and Yugoslavia countries coupled with the super-minnows, qualification is largely now a procession for the top sides.

No jeopardy at all, like there used to be, when it would often go to the last game, think of Terry Butcher et al.

Add in the extra participants too. Euro 2020 has 24 teams, up from 16. Prior to Euro 96 there were only 8 finalists. It used to be harder than to win than the World Cup.

Well, I didn't see that coming, did you? Wooohoooo! We qualified.

To think it wasn't all that long ago when we had to try and finish above a decent Dutch team just to qualify. Of course we failed and 'Turnip' Taylor took loads of stick. Now here we are beating a bunch of part time minnows and Southgate (who lost 3 times in a World Cup Finals tournament to teams that wouldn't have even licked the boots of the aforementioned Dutch team) is suddenly some kind of footballing God. Talk about Idiocracy.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Husky said:

Well, I didn't see that coming, did you? Wooohoooo! We qualified.

To think it wasn't all that long ago when we had to try and finish above a decent Dutch team just to qualify. Of course we failed and 'Turnip' Taylor took loads of stick. Now here we are beating a bunch of part time minnows and Southgate (who lost 3 times in a World Cup Finals tournament to teams that wouldn't have even licked the boots of the aforementioned Dutch team) is suddenly some kind of footballing God. Talk about Idiocracy.

Southgate is rightly praised for reaching the semi-finals of the World Cup having taken over an England team that had been consistently failing in tournaments for some years

• Like 2

Just getting my head round the qualification 24 teams qualify that’s the 20 teams that finish in the top 2 of the 10 groups. Then a further semi final/final play off of 16 teams which include the 3rd place teams and various odds and sods who won their rubbish nations league groups.

It would probably just be easier to say Malta, San Marino and Gibraltar can’t play the rest are in. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Southgate is rightly praised for reaching the semi-finals of the World Cup having taken over an England team that had been consistently failing in tournaments for some years

Easiest WC route ever. Went out to the first decent team.

• Like 2