BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

12 minutes ago, Husky said:

I see Pickford is finally getting some criticism (though he's been letting in dodgy goals all season). Should he still England's number one?

I saw McClueless on Sky saying that he should still be England's number one because 'he's a character'.?

Hate to say it but it would be between Henderson and Pope for me, ones a knobhead and ones a Burnley player. Would probably go for Henderson although he does have a rick in him, hes better than Pickford.

Doubt he will change Pickford now though.

On 02/12/2019 at 14:26, Husky said:

What about Israel?

Israel plays in UEFA because all the middle eastern teams refuse to play them. Indeed they won the the 1958 World Cup qualifying stage for Asia and Africa without playing a single game because everyone refused to play them. 

They were frozen out of the AFC in 1974, and finally were allowed to join UEFA in 1994.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hate to say it but it would be between Henderson and Pope for me, ones a knobhead and ones a Burnley player. Would probably go for Henderson although he does have a rick in him, hes better than Pickford.

Doubt he will change Pickford now though.

What did he do to earn that distinction? I don't know anything about him.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Pickford gives us a huge amount with his feet though.... If we bring someone in who can shot stop well but poor at distribution it does have a big impact on the team. 

My suspicion is Southgate will stick with Pickford.

Unlike past teams Southgate has players who actually play better for England than their club side. Pickford is one of them. I can't see him being dropped because of the odd error. He kept him throughout qualifying, and that time included his clanger against Liverpool, and a couple more cock ups.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

What did he do to earn that distinction? I don't know anything about him.

Unlike past teams Southgate has players who actually play better for England than their club side. Pickford is one of them. I can't see him being dropped because of the odd error. He kept him throughout qualifying, and that time included his clanger against Liverpool, and a couple more cock ups.

He is just a generally obnoxious and eccentric personality, he was banned for 3 games for throwing coins in the Blackburn End when he was on loan at Shrewsbury and I think he has made the news once or twice more for minor incidents.

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is just a generally obnoxious and eccentric personality, he was banned for 3 games for throwing coins in the Blackburn End when he was on loan at Shrewsbury and I think he has made the news once or twice more for minor incidents.

Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He sounds like 'a character'.

A leak? or pure wikipedia nonesense?

Scroll down the link to England's forthcoming fixtures, 7th June, England vs. Romania at Brammall Lane or Ewood Park

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team

Has someone made something up? 

Would be brilliant to have England in town, obviously they won't use Wembley as its a Euro 2020 warm up game, but what a coup it would be!!

Last England international at Ewood - vs. Wales on 3rd March 1924

Alexandra Meadows (home of East Lancs Cricket Club) and Leamington Road also have hosted England matches within the town, back in the 1880s.

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

A leak? or pure wikipedia nonesense?

Scroll down the link to England's forthcoming fixtures, 7th June, England vs. Romania at Brammall Lane or Ewood Park

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team

Has someone made something up? 

Would be brilliant to have England in town, obviously they won't use Wembley as its a Euro 2020 warm up game, but what a coup it would be!!

Last England international at Ewood - vs. Wales on 3rd March 1924

Alexandra Meadows (home of East Lancs Cricket Club) and Leamington Road also have hosted England matches within the town, back in the 1880s.

http://www.thefa.com/england/mens-seniors/fixtures-results

Showing as TBC so maybe a possibility?

• Moderation Lead
40 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

Hopefully the City players in the England squad get paid millions to withdraw from the squad. See how the FUP lovers would like that.

Why would that ever happen?

45 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

Hopefully the City players in the England squad get paid millions to withdraw from the squad. See how the FUP lovers would like that.

Players? More like player it's only Sterling likely to be picked and we won't miss him now his little purple patch has come to an end.

55 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Jack grealish is a must for the euros.  The guy is pure class. His ability to hold onto the ball and pick out a pass is superb 

Be interesting to see who if any of him, Maddison, Chamberlain and Alli miss out. With them options I think the likes of Mount should be well off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Jack grealish is a must for the euros.  The guy is pure class. His ability to hold onto the ball and pick out a pass is superb 

What a difference a year (and a bit) makes. It wasn't that long ago when he received 'Poor man's Bradley Dack' banter at Ewood after an anonymous performance.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Be interesting to see who if any of him, Maddison, Chamberlain and Alli miss out. With them options I think the likes of Mount should be well off.

Ali should miss out. Hes a passenger most games.  Maddison and grealish are a different class. I think kane and rashford will be fit in time so that leaves a front 3 of rashford kane and sterling.  Though I think sancho has been amazing this season.  Grealish and maddison would be fantastic options to have off the bench. 

18 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Ali should miss out. Hes a passenger most games.  Maddison and grealish are a different class. I think kane and rashford will be fit in time so that leaves a front 3 of rashford kane and sterling.  Though I think sancho has been amazing this season.  Grealish and maddison would be fantastic options to have off the bench. 

I would personally have Winks, Henderson and one of Maddison or Grealish, probably Maddison, with Winks as the pivot and Henderson and Maddison ahead. Sancho would be right, I think he is better than Rashford plus Sterling is better on the left.

Henderson

Arnold Gomez Maguire Chilwell

Winks

Henderson Maddison

Sancho Kane Sterling

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would personally have Winks, Henderson and one of Maddison or Grealish, probably Maddison, with Winks as the pivot and Henderson and Maddison ahead. Sancho would be right, I think he is better than Rashford plus Sterling is better on the left.

Henderson

Arnold Gomez Maguire Chilwell

Winks

Henderson Maddison

Sancho Kane Sterling

LINEUP111581874568618.png

• Like 4