BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

An Assessment of Player performance v Bristol City

On 06/09/2018 at 15:51, JAL said:

Agree K Hod but this is the start of our downfall and it seems to be missed.   On one of those other disappointments Joe Nuttall, I'd like to be informed the day before a game that if he's in the squad, in that I, don't go and waste my time and energy supporting Rovers with this no hoper potentially playing in my side.

Enjoyed reading Tonyoz stats a great piece of independant work, looking forward to the next one far better than the LT man called Sharpe.

I’d say don’t bother then, good riddance to you.

Great these @tonyoz but have to disagree about the Palmer chance.

His intelligent and tenacious movement got him into position, the ball was dropping a little behind him and had to be hit on the volley quickly whilst he was basically facing the corner flag.

Not sure if he is left footed or not but I thought it was cracking technique from a difficult chance and bloody unlucky.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Great these @tonyoz but have to disagree about the Palmer chance.

His intelligent and tenacious movement got him into position, the ball was dropping a little behind him and had to be hit on the volley quickly whilst he was basically facing the corner flag.

Not sure if he is left footed or not but I thought it was cracking technique from a difficult chance and bloody unlucky.

Yeah, those chances where the player does brilliantly to get into a goalscoring position............and then misses a sitter........need 2 separate scores. One excellent, one poor. 

Having got into position though, he had to score i reckon. 

Edited by tonyoz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

Or as bad as some think he is John.

How would you compare Nyambe to Richard Brown Tony?

I'd say both are very similar players  style wise except I'd say R. Brown could pass a ball more accurately over a longer distance. 

Nyambe passing outside of a 25 yard range goes wayward.

59 minutes ago, JAL said:

How would you compare Nyambe to Richard Brown Tony?

I'd say both are very similar players  style wise except I'd say R. Brown could pass a ball more accurately over a longer distance. 

Nyambe passing outside of a 25 yard range goes wayward.

I'm not sure if the comparison you asked for is to disparage Nyambe as I recall Brown as a real bit part player who in five years played only 28 games and seemed to be viewed as talismanic hence the length of time he was with us. If you look at the consensus of opinion John your (jaundiced) views on Nyambe are massively out of kilter with some real knowledgeable fans not to mention the coaching staff and manager. You shouldn't let your judgement of a player be influenced by who represents them.

• Like 2

Just to derail - I wonder if Ryan will ever play for the Namibian national team? Anyone seen it mentioned that he doesn’t want to be selected?

Always nice to have internationals at the club even if it is the lowest level going and (maybe ignorantly) I would have thought he’d get in the squad!?

Unless...

JAL do you manage them???

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I'm not sure if the comparison you asked for is to disparage Nyambe as I recall Brown as a real bit part player who in five years played only 28 games and seemed to be viewed as talismanic hence the length of time he was with us. If you look at the consensus of opinion John your (jaundiced) views on Nyambe are massively out of kilter with some real knowledgeable fans not to mention the coaching staff and manager. You shouldn't let your judgement of a player be influenced by who represents them.

What a load of rubbish Tony. 

Knowledgeable ?

Nyambe heading ability ?

Nyambe passing range ?

8 minutes ago, JAL said:

What a load of rubbish Tony. 

Knowledgeable ?

Nyambe heading ability ?

Nyambe passing range ?

I would trust their judgement above yours John. As I have said many times your criticism of Nyambe primarily emanates from your irrational dislike of Simon Conning. Your view is undoubtedly tainted and you desperately want Nyambe to fail because of this. I find that difficult to comprehend John.

Nyambe is the most improved player at Rovers and if you put your dislike of his agent away you would see that (if you actually went to the games that is).

• Like 3

I would trust their judgement above yours John. As I have said many times your criticism of Nyambe primarily emanates from your irrational dislike of Simon Conning. Your view is undoubtedly tainted and you desperately want Nyambe to fail because of this. I find that difficult to comprehend John.

Nyambe is the most improved player at Rovers and if you put your dislike of his agent away you would see that (if you actually went to the games that is).

Lincoln game last week Nyambe didn't do anything in fact Travis and Caddis did the best work yet Lincoln's goal from Nyambe defensive area.

Let's talk about the Lincoln game.

Just now, JAL said:

Lincoln game last week Nyambe didn't do anything in fact Travis and Caddis did the best work yet Lincoln's goal from Nyambe defensive area.

Let's talk about the Lincoln game.

If I remember correctly Caddis was at fault for the goal Lincoln scored by leaving Nyambe exposed in a two v one situation. I find it funny that you want to talk about Lincoln only. Is it because that is the only game you have seen. Nyambe was very good in the games against Ipswich, Reading, Millwall, Hull and Brentford and in the first half at Bristol. That's an opinion shared by many who don't have an agenda against a young lad trying to make his way in the game.

Your rants against him are repetitive, boring and more importantly without any substance.

• Like 1

Regard Simon as a good friend Tony. Let's talk football.

I'm waiting see improvements from Amari Bell just to change the record.

Edited by JAL

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If I remember correctly Caddis was at fault for the goal Lincoln scored by leaving Nyambe exposed in a two v one situation. I find it funny that you want to talk about Lincoln only. Is it because that is the only game you have seen. Nyambe was very good in the games against Ipswich, Reading, Millwall, Hull and Brentford and in the first half at Bristol. That's an opinion shared by many who don't have an agenda against a young lad trying to make his way in the game.

Your rants against him are repetitive, boring and more importantly without any substance.

What does Nyambe bring to our play when in more forward positions?

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He was also very good in the Lincoln game and have no idea what he's on about 

I'll put my hands up to say I've been one of Nyambe's biggest critics over the last season or so, however he's made great strides already this season. It looks like the full season playing in League 1 has done him the world of good.

He can still look clumsy in possession, but people have already mentioned he's often able to recover well using his pace and strength.

My main concern with him at the moment is his use of the ball in the final third. He doesn't seem to have a cross in him, so he always has to cut the ball back to Bennett to whip it in. It doesn't take a genius manager to pick up on that and essentially limit anything meaningful coming down our right side.