BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Villa - 15th September 2018

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It was all over the media so hardly private. To do an in depth multi article interview with Dack and not touch on it at all is a bit disrespectful to the intelligence of the fans in my opinion, brushing it under the carpet.

It could have been done from a positive view, I will learn my lesson, and concentrate on my football etc etc. Just a bit of acknowledgement. Hes brought the club into disrepute and we want to be assured that it wont happen again.

Or you can handle it behind close doors like Mowbray and the club have done. Football players are entitled to a private life and in my opinion what they do in their private life has nothing to do with us unless it affects their football performance on the pitch. 

Mowbray has knowledge what he has done but no way has he brought the club into disrepute at all. 

Has it affected his performances last season or even this season? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Or you can handle it behind close doors like Mowbray and the club have done. Football players are entitled to a private life and in my opinion what they do in their private life has nothing to do with us unless it affects their football performance on the pitch. 

Mowbray has knowledge what he has done but no way has he brought the club into disrepute at all. 

Has it affected his performances last season or even this season? 

He hasnt handled it behind closed doors, hes done the opposite and been quoted in the paper about it, correctly IMO.

Its not a private life to be on the front pages of the papers nearly getting put in jail for failing to do community service after assaulting a policeman. And it affects the manager wasting his time in court and it would have affected us all had he been put in jail, which he very nearly was.

How you can say he has not brought the club into disrepute is beyond me.

You dont have to blindly defend every single action without reason.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He hasnt handled it behind closed doors, hes done the opposite and been quoted in the paper about it, correctly IMO.

Its not a private life to be on the front pages of the papers nearly getting put in jail for failing to do community service after assaulting a policeman. And it affects the manager wasting his time in court and it would have affected us all had he been put in jail, which he very nearly was.

How you can say he has not brought the club into disrepute is beyond me.

You dont have to blindly defend every single action without reason.

Yes he made a comment publicly Mowbray has but Dack has not. 

oh the front pages of the papers, its a shame these papers haven't got better stories to write with the amount of other news more relevant to the public like Brexit, etc. 

For me, He has not brought the club into disrepute and that's my view. 

I always believe that footballers are entitled to a private life and should be allowed that. I couldn't care what most footballers get up to or whether they cheat on the missus. I aint interested. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We’re live with the boss for his pre-match press conference! ? ™️ https://t.co/aXcq8zC57x

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a private matter. Lets Mowbray and the club sort that out and we focus on the football side

Bradley should sort that dreadful wall out on Bolton road that would be good PR for him. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

oh the front pages of the papers, its a shame these papers haven't got better stories to write with the amount of other news more relevant to the public like Brexit, etc. 

I always believe that footballers are entitled to a private life and should be allowed that. I couldn't care what most footballers get up to or whether they cheat on the missus. I aint interested. 

What do you think sells newspapers - Brexit or Rovers' best player in court ? 

Stick to the day job and don't contemplate a career in journalism ! 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any employee doing what Bradley committed does bring the club into disrepute god knows what world you live in.

Suppose this is why we have suffered so much with these scrubbers low life's running our club.

Edited by JAL

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Even for you, this is a senseless post.

So you think the newspapers should be 100% Brexit stories? I suppose the daily articles on Rovers that you post can also make way for sole focus on Brexit stories?

Of course he brought the club into disrepute, he committed a crime! Doesnt mean hes not our most important player but he still did very wrong/

What has cheating on his missus got to do with anything? Or his private life? He committed a crime then failed to do the required punishment on three seperate occasions, coming at severe risk of jail time.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even for you, this is a senseless post.

So you think the newspapers should be 100% Brexit stories? I suppose the daily articles on Rovers that you post can also make way for sole focus on Brexit stories?

Of course he brought the club into disrepute, he committed a crime! Doesnt mean hes not our most important player but he still did very wrong/

What has cheating on his missus got to do with anything? Or his private life? He committed a crime then failed to do the required punishment on three seperate occasions, coming at severe risk of jail time.

Rovers stories on the back page not the front page. I posted links but I have no idea which page of the paper there is on apart from being in the Sport section of the paper website!

I did say Brexit, etc. maybe you read my post properly. 

Yet again, I told you my view. I will repeat for you, In my view he hasn't brought the club into disrepute. if you disagree fine but that's my view. 

Like I have said previously, Dack is entitled to his private life. Mowbray and the club will sort that out. We should be focus on football and not discussing Dack private life. it has nothing to do with you. The same with the picture the night before the Bristol City some people went OTT for no reason at all. The cheating on the missus was an example of the media reporting non stories to fill column spaces cos they is nothing else to reported. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers stories on the back page not the front page. I posted links but I have no idea which page of the paper there is on apart from being in the Sport section of the paper website!

I did say Brexit, etc. maybe you read my post properly. 

Yet again, I told you my view. I will repeat for you, In my view he hasn't brought the club into disrepute. if you disagree fine but that's my view. 

Like I have said previously, Dack is entitled to his private life. Mowbray and the club will sort that out. We should be focus on football and not discussing Dack private life. it has nothing to do with you. The same with the picture the night before the Bristol City some people went OTT for no reason at all. The cheating on the missus was an example of the media reporting non stories to fill column spaces cos they is nothing else to reported. 

Just for clarity, committing a crime and failing on 3 occasions to show up to his community service, risking a prison sentence, and having a night out, or cheating on his missus (is this even true?) are too totally seperate issues. I never commented on the latter, only on the crime and lack of remorse, and risk of missing games locked up.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just for clarity, committing a crime and failing on 3 occasions to show up to his community service, risking a prison sentence, and having a night out, or cheating on his missus (is this even true?) are too totally seperate issues. I never commented on the latter, only on the crime and lack of remorse, and risk of missing games locked up.

cheating on his missus was my example not something I ever said Dack did I!!!!!!!!!! read my post properly please. 

Let Mowbray/club sort Dack out about his community service/crime stuff and you focus on football. 

Maybe Dack does have remorse but because its a private matter he hasn't gone public with it. Just be honest, its has nothing to do with you or any fan at this time. I bet over 60/70%(if not more) of Rovers fans didn't even know that Dack committed a crime or failed to turn up 3 times for his community service. And even bothered about it 

If the judge was less lenient and dack went to jail and missed most of the season I'm pretty sure the club would have been brought into disrepute and it would have been an issue. He is an important asset to this club and being payed to play, something he can't do behind bars. I however agree that the matter has been dealt with and should be left alone from this point

7 hours ago, barry_ said:

zzzzzzzzz

talk about making a molehill into a mountain.

Bore off.

We've got a massive game on Saturday.

Everything else is just blah blah blah.

Get over yourselves and your fake indignation

Good, well balanced post.

How is it making a mountain out of a molehill? Our best player nearly was put in jail. Its a serious issue amidst the back drop of an international break with little else to talk about, in which the majority of posters seem to have scarpered as soon as the transfer window was closed.

I know we have a massive game tomorrow and I will be there desperately hoping that we win and Dack plays 90 minutes and puts in another good performance. But that doesnt mean what he has done is anything other than unacceptable, and significant.

I know the thread has gone off on a bit of a tangent so I will happily leave it here. 

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It was all over the media so hardly private. To do an in depth multi article interview with Dack and not touch on it at all is a bit disrespectful to the intelligence of the fans in my opinion, brushing it under the carpet.

It could have been done from a positive view, I will learn my lesson, and concentrate on my football etc etc. Just a bit of acknowledgement. Hes brought the club into disrepute and we want to be assured that it wont happen again.

There were quotes from him in the LT saying pretty much this

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Good, well balanced post.

How is it making a mountain out of a molehill? Our best player nearly was put in jail. Its a serious issue amidst the back drop of an international break with little else to talk about, in which the majority of posters seem to have scarpered as soon as the transfer window was closed.

I know we have a massive game tomorrow and I will be there desperately hoping that we win and Dack plays 90 minutes and puts in another good performance. But that doesnt mean what he has done is anything other than unacceptable, and significant.

I know the thread has gone off on a bit of a tangent so I will happily leave it here. 

There’s nothing at all to suggest he was NEARLY jailed, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill!! :lol: I’m sick of hearing about this whole Dack thing, he’s made a mistake. We move on, he’ll score on Saturday and hopefully it will never be mentioned on here again ???

• Like 1

I couldn't care less if Dack nearly went to to prison as long as he keeps banging goals in whilst wearing Rovers colours. I hope this archaic need for social justice doesn't spill into any (minority I'm sure) fans booing him or anything like that. Social media tends to bring to light the frothing of the mouth types who pray for the days we lock minor criminals up for 35 years in isolation or make utter social pariahs of anyone who has made mistakes. Until, of course, a member of their own inner circle make those same mistakes.......but I digress

Dack is the most exciting player we have had for half a decade - we should support him more than berate him. He's a grown man and I'm sure his own conscience tells him he's been an idiot. Likewise I'm certain Mowbray, Mulgrew and the other dressing room characters have told him what is at stake. He doesn't need us to constantly remind him of the silly situation he has been in. I for one hope he receives a rapturous reception on Saturday so the whole audience on Sky sees that he's wanted at this club despite his off the field troubles.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

All Dack needs to do is keep his head down, finish his community service and continue to bang the goals in for us.

As long as he does both of those things, everything else is of little relevance to me.

WE'VE GOT DACK IN ATTACK!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/very-mixed-team-news-aston-15149625

The Birmingham Mail reporting 'Very Mixed Team News' for Rovers.

Aston Villa’s weekend opponents Blackburn Rovers have suffered the significant blow of having TWO players ruled out for the rest of the season, this week.

Both Dominic Samuel and Ben Gladwin have been effectively ruled out for the foreseeable future by manager Tony Mowbray

There is, though, the potential for some very good news on the horizon for the claret and blues’ hosts.

For Mowbray has revealed that star man Bradley Dack could feature.

Very mixed news. That's like being offered the opportunity to spend the night with any two women of your choice, but having the excitement dampened by the fact you've run out of Vimto.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There were quotes from him in the LT saying pretty much this

When I typed it they hadnt been published, I have retracted the criticism and commended Mowbray for not publically ignoring it.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

There’s nothing at all to suggest he was NEARLY jailed, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill!! :lol: I’m sick of hearing about this whole Dack thing, he’s made a mistake. We move on, he’ll score on Saturday and hopefully it will never be mentioned on here again ???

Why continue the conversation if you are sick of it? Like I have said, I am fully behind him but it doesnt make what he did right. If he scores, it wont change my (positive) opinion on him overall. I suspect if this was say Ben Gladwin, people would have stopped short at jumping on people for commenting on a serious, and hopefully isolated issue, when in essence his footballing ability is irrelevant to this conversation.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I couldn't care less if Dack nearly went to to prison as long as he keeps banging goals in whilst wearing Rovers colours. I hope this archaic need for social justice doesn't spill into any (minority I'm sure) fans booing him or anything like that. Social media tends to bring to light the frothing of the mouth types who pray for the days we lock minor criminals up for 35 years in isolation or make utter social pariahs of anyone who has made mistakes. Until, of course, a member of their own inner circle make those same mistakes.......but I digress

Dack is the most exciting player we have had for half a decade - we should support him more than berate him. He's a grown man and I'm sure his own conscience tells him he's been an idiot. Likewise I'm certain Mowbray, Mulgrew and the other dressing room characters have told him what is at stake. He doesn't need us to constantly remind him of the silly situation he has been in. I for one hope he receives a rapturous reception on Saturday so the whole audience on Sky sees that he's wanted at this club despite his off the field troubles.

Totally agree on the booing, he deserves and undoubtedly will get the full support, doesnt mean he doesnt deserve criticism for an isolated incident. I still have a very positive opinion on him, he is still our best player. And I am not frothing at the mouth. Just like if he misses a sitter tomorrow or scores an own goal, people will criticise him but still rate him, things can be judged in isolation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

When I typed it they hadnt been published, I have retracted the criticism and commended Mowbray for not publically ignoring it.

Why continue the conversation if you are sick of it? Like I have said, I am fully behind him but it doesnt make what he did right. If he scores, it wont change my (positive) opinion on him overall. I suspect if this was say Ben Gladwin, people would have stopped short at jumping on people for commenting on a serious, and hopefully isolated issue, when in essence his footballing ability is irrelevant to this conversation.

Totally agree on the booing, he deserves and undoubtedly will get the full support, doesnt mean he doesnt deserve criticism for an isolated incident. I still have a very positive opinion on him, he is still our best player. And I am not frothing at the mouth. Just like if he misses a sitter tomorrow or scores an own goal, people will criticise him but still rate him, things can be judged in isolation. 

Whilst it is obviously fair to criticise Dack for his silly mistake - as was done on the Bradley Dack thread -  you do have to apply context when trying to compare reactions between players. Dack has been creating and scoring goals consistently since arriving; Gladwin has been consistently injured and has had the accusations of bragging whilst tanked up to add onto it. Had Gladwin been put in Dack's situation the reaction would be totally different and rightly so too. However, the reaction "in isolation" would be the same - that it is incredibly naive and stupid to think you'd get away with it, regardless of your community value.

I wasn't calling you frothing at the mouth but more commenting on some of the rather Victorian style comments you see on social media these days about 'criminals'. There is a minority (yet still seems overwhelming) that champion disproportionate punishments for crimes committed.