BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Villa - 15th September 2018

To summarise: if you're a good player you can do what you want. ?

And Dack could easily have been sent to jail. If you miss 3 community service appointments there is a chance. It's not like it hasn't happened before for assault. He got away with it because he had a good lawyer (hopefully not paid for by Rovers) and he's a footballer. It's hardly frothing at the mouth to point this out. Dack is a lucky boy. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know the ticket arrangements for this game - like can you pay 'on the door''? I know some games you can't actually buy tickets after a certain time.

I'm just asking as a Plan B should Lancs Lightning lose in the T20 cricket semi-final then there's a possibility I could make it just before kick off.

Edited by Husky

2 minutes ago, Husky said:

Does anyone know the ticket arrangements for this game - like can you pay 'on the door''? I know some games you can't actually buy tickets after a certain time.

I'm just asking as a Plan B should Lancs Lightning lose in the T20 cricket semi-final then there's a possibility I could make it just before kick off.

the official site would be obvious place to look.

Just now, Husky said:

You're right, why bother with unofficial forums when you've got official sites and official owners like Venkys.

Exactly. Or someone could guess for you. I'm going to say 'yes' you can pay right up to kick-off. If you can't get in then I'm sorry but that's unofficial sites for you. 

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Whilst it is obviously fair to criticise Dack for his silly mistake - as was done on the Bradley Dack thread -  you do have to apply context when trying to compare reactions between players. Dack has been creating and scoring goals consistently since arriving; Gladwin has been consistently injured and has had the accusations of bragging whilst tanked up to add onto it. Had Gladwin been put in Dack's situation the reaction would be totally different and rightly so too. However, the reaction "in isolation" would be the same - that it is incredibly naive and stupid to think you'd get away with it, regardless of your community value.

I wasn't calling you frothing at the mouth but more commenting on some of the rather Victorian style comments you see on social media these days about 'criminals'. There is a minority (yet still seems overwhelming) that champion disproportionate punishments for crimes committed.

Agreed that regardless of whichever player had done what Dack has done, he would deserve the deserved criticism he has received. What he did was immature, lacking in remorse and risking making himself unavailable for games in which we need him, unnecessarily. That is the main issue for me, im not one for the whole "role model" argument but even so it still brings the club into disrepute no matter how you put your argument across. That said, I also take on board that say if it had been Gladwin, you coulf justifiably say his on the field performances arent worth the off the field aggravation this kind of thing causes. With Dack, its equally as unacceptable but hes certainly earnt his money on the pitch.

It would be churlish and narrow minded to totally brush it under the carpet as some have done, insisting that it is his "private life" because it stops being his private life when hes publically reported in court for committing a crime and failing to turn up for his punishment on three seperate occasions. If it had been his relationship, his family or anything like that, then id agree but this is not comparable.

I will take your word on the other comments you have seen but havent seen them personally. Every criticism I have seen has been within the context of what he has done, not saying that he SHOULD have been locked up or received stronger punishment.

To conclude though, I have judged him on what he has done but I like any other fan hope he starts tomorrow and continues to entertain us, and make us happy by scoring and making goals. We need him firing and I hope he continues to do as he has for the rest of his career here. And I hope hes here for a long time, and the off the field stuff isnt repeated and he learns his lesson.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How is it making a mountain out of a molehill? Our best player nearly was put in jail. Its a serious issue amidst the back drop of an international break with little else to talk about, in which the majority of posters seem to have scarpered as soon as the transfer window was closed.

Dack nearly went to jail? Did he? Did you attend the court case? 

Little else to talk about? Maybe then have a break away from the MB. 

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Exactly. Or someone could guess for you. I'm going to say 'yes' you can pay right up to kick-off. If you can't get in then I'm sorry but that's unofficial sites for you. 

Don't worry, rather than ask an unofficial fan that might actually attend matches I'm on the hotline to The Venkys right now (the call waiting music is simply terrible btw).

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agreed that regardless of whichever player had done what Dack has done, he would deserve the deserved criticism he has received. What he did was immature, lacking in remorse and risking making himself unavailable for games in which we need him, unnecessarily. That is the main issue for me, im not one for the whole "role model" argument but even so it still brings the club into disrepute no matter how you put your argument across. That said, I also take on board that say if it had been Gladwin, you coulf justifiably say his on the field performances arent worth the off the field aggravation this kind of thing causes. With Dack, its equally as unacceptable but hes certainly earnt his money on the pitch.

It would be churlish and narrow minded to totally brush it under the carpet as some have done, insisting that it is his "private life" because it stops being his private life when hes publically reported in court for committing a crime and failing to turn up for his punishment on three seperate occasions. If it had been his relationship, his family or anything like that, then id agree but this is not comparable.

I will take your word on the other comments you have seen but havent seen them personally. Every criticism I have seen has been within the context of what he has done, not saying that he SHOULD have been locked up or received stronger punishment.

To conclude though, I have judged him on what he has done but I like any other fan hope he starts tomorrow and continues to entertain us, and make us happy by scoring and making goals. We need him firing and I hope he continues to do as he has for the rest of his career here. And I hope hes here for a long time, and the off the field stuff isnt repeated and he learns his lesson.

No Roversfan99, its has nothing to do with us or any Rovers fans as it a not a football issue/problem but a personal/private matter. Footballers should be judge on their performances in the shirts and nothing else. For me, he hasn't brought the club into disrepute as this is private matter and wasn't done on Rovers duty. 

Most Rovers fans wont even know about the court case or Dack doing community service. 

Fancy Dack for the 1st goal tomorrow. just put a 5 pounds bet on him scoring 1st goal with sky bet. 8/1 odds aswell

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, Husky said:

Don't worry, rather than ask an unofficial fan that might actually attend matches I'm on the hotline to The Venkys right now (the call waiting music is simply terrible btw).

It's good that you're not overreacting to someone suggesting you might be better off going on the official site. 

I still see no one from here has given you the answer yet. I hope Balaji answers soon. 

36 minutes ago, Husky said:

Yes you can, but the price will be £3 more after 12pm, which it will be if you're waiting for the end of the semi-final. I thought they might push that time back for a 5.30 kick-off but it looks like they haven't.

Love Balaji

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's good that you're not overreacting to someone suggesting you might be better off going on the official site. 

I still see no one from here has given you the answer yet. I hope Balaji answers soon. 

I hate Bhangra. I'd much prefer something like Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now by The Smiths. If/When I get through I'll be sure to tell Balaji.

Edited by Husky

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Yes you can, but the price will be £3 more after 12pm, which it will be if you're waiting for the end of the semi-final. I thought they might push that time back for a 5.30 kick-off but it looks like they haven't.

Love Balaji

Blast! ?

It's certainly not the IPL is it.

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16688167.blackburn-rovers-star-bradley-dacks-dont-jail-me-plea-to-court/

'District Judge James Clarke said it was clear Dack had the support of the club and there was more benefit in the order being completed rather than Dack being jailed'

He was spared jail because the club supported him. Mowbray even turned up to plead his case. So yes, he could have gone to jail and no you didn't have to be there to know what happened. 

Maybe have a break away from the MB?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

To be fair Chaddy, the starting point in the sentencing guidelines for Assault PC is a custodial sentence, however this is usually mitigated down with a guilty plea, previous record, stated remorse etc. and a community sentence of some description will be imposed. If it less serious a fine or conditional discharge can be imposed. If you blatantly disregard a community sentence without good reason, e.g. health, you are effectively sticking two fingers up to the sentencing process and will be breached and returned to court by the supervising probation worker. He has now been breached the Order on two occasions so in lay terms he is taking the mick and has not learnt his lesson (what does it also say about his remorse for the original offence). A custodial sentence is actually a distinct possibility i.e. the sentencer can ultimately choose to revoke the existing order, resentence on the original matter and impose a custodial sentence. Happy for you to disagree with me but this is what I do for a living and I like to think my knowledge is sound.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StaffordRover said:

To be fair Chaddy, the starting point in the sentencing guidelines for Assault PC is a custodial sentence, however this is usually mitigated down with a guilty plea, previous record, stated remorse etc. and a community sentence of some description will be imposed. If it less serious a fine or conditional discharge can be imposed. If you blatantly disregard a community sentence without good reason, e.g. health, you are effectively sticking two fingers up to the sentencing process and will be breached and returned to court by the supervising probation worker. He has now been breached the Order on two occasions so in lay terms he is taking the mick and has not learnt his lesson (what does it also say about his remorse for the original offence). A custodial sentence is actually a distinct possibility i.e. the sentencer can ultimately choose to revoke the existing order, resentence on the original matter and impose a custodial sentence. Happy for you to disagree with me but this is what I do for a living and I like to think my knowledge is sound.

In reality though, he was probably unlikely to go to prison. I keep hearing how the prisons are full and there are all kind of criminals with hundreds of convictions running free due to this.  . . .There's just no room for our Brad, six-pack or otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Husky said:

In reality though, he was probably unlikely to go to prison. I keep hearing how the prisons are full and there are all kind of criminals with hundreds of convictions running free due to this.  . . .There's just no room for our Brad, six-pack or otherwise.

As David Brent has said, and Stafford Rover has alluded to, you need to go to the sentencing guidelines. There are three categories to assault PC, Cat 1 is prison, Cat 3, a fine. These are the starting points only, and there are ranges within each category. It is not straightforward, but a guilty plea merits a third off the starting point. So unless anyone has access to the facts of the original offence, we all speculate. I suspect it was a Cat 2 offence, starting point, Community Order. Which is what he got. So no, prison was not inevitable. It becomes more likely when you don't do the order of the court!