BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Villa - 15th September 2018

More on Bruce's situation with some people on twitter commenting on how he's lost his parents in past year. I'm sure you have heard since he mentions it more than Bruce Wayne. Well what's that got to do with anything football management related? If Steve Kean's parents had died while he was manager (far as I can recall they didn't because Kean probably would have exploited it) would anyone have stopped calling for him to be fired? Of course not. So when Bruce is bullying people at press conferences, etc we are supposed to get that's he one of the most selfish, smug, arrogant pricks in football? We are supposed to get blatant disrespect for this football club over Savage, Rhodes, etc and he moaned about Allardyce didn't he someone who's similarly arrogant and cares about nothing but himself. Granted he's not as incompetent as some Villa fans seem to be claiming but Villa fans moaning is nothing new. There's always someone at the club they moan about perhaps the only time I can recall is the first few years Lerner was there. Needless to say that changed. Maybe their regular moaning has had some basis behind it but it does seem more extensive than most clubs.

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

More on Bruce's situation with some people on twitter commenting on how he's lost his parents in past year. I'm sure you have heard since he mentions it more than Bruce Wayne. Well what's that got to do with anything football management related? If Steve Kean's parents had died while he was manager (far as I can recall they didn't because Kean probably would have exploited it) would anyone have stopped calling for him to be fired? Of course not. So when Bruce is bullying people at press conferences, etc we are supposed to get that's he one of the most selfish, smug, arrogant pricks in football? We are supposed to get blatant disrespect for this football club over Savage, Rhodes, etc and he moaned about Allardyce didn't he someone who's similarly arrogant and cares about nothing but himself. Granted he's not as incompetent as some Villa fans seem to be claiming but Villa fans moaning is nothing new. There's always someone at the club they moan about perhaps the only time I can recall is the first few years Lerner was there. Needless to say that changed. Maybe their regular moaning has had some basis behind it but it does seem more extensive than most clubs.

completely unnecessary and very insensitive comment. No need for that at all. I can only imagine how losing both parents over a year can affect you mental and some people wouldn't recover from. I have lost 2 family members over the past 5 years and hit me hard at times and I still get down and depressed even now. Maybe show some compassion and respect for Bruce situation please Vinjay

Villa fans need to be careful what they are wishing for. no guaranteed they will get a better manager with his CV again. They had some awful managers recently like Garde, Di Matteo and McLeish. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swanson said:

Reed in, Smallwood out?

“Harrison Reed has looked exceptional in training. He looks a real bundle of energy, fiery, wins tackles, passes, runs, very talented."

Hope it’s for Smallwood and not Rothwell. Could he line up with Smallwood, Evans and Reed?

I was talking to a Villa fan at work yesterday. He’s very concerned about how bad they are at the back. In his words “if you attack you will win”. Attacking is what we are good at. Here’s hoping for a good game today.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Hope it’s for Smallwood and not Rothwell. Could he line up with Smallwood, Evans and Reed?

I was talking to a Villa fan at work yesterday. He’s very concerned about how bad they are at the back. In his words “if you attack you will win”. Attacking is what we are good at. Here’s hoping for a good game today.

Agreed - I just hope we don't do the usual first half of 'giving the opposition respect' that TM seems to favour. The Bristol City setback apart, there was a feeling of some momentum building up, which helps both players and fans in terms of confidence. We could do with an early breakthrough and a solid performance from the back, and hopefully the return of our talisman to give the veneer of polish and flair to another workmanlike job well done. 

C'mon you Blues!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Roversfan99, its has nothing to do with us or any Rovers fans as it a not a football issue/problem but a personal/private matter. Footballers should be judge on their performances in the shirts and nothing else. 

So you’ve not got an issue if we signed Adam Johnson then Chaddy?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ricky said:

So you’ve not got an issue if we signed Adam Johnson then Chaddy?

Different issue that tho Ricky. He committed a serious offence and was jailed for 6 years in 2016. 

Dack charges were very different to his and the offence he did. Plus Mowbray/Club would never sign a player like that either Ricky. 

You are trying to be clever ass again Ricky. I aint playing your games either. 

• Like 1

‘Footballers should be judged on their performances and nothing else’

Ergo you wouldn’t have an issue signing Johnson as he wasn’t judged on his football but something else entirely. You said it chaddy, no clever arsery needed. Stop saying daft things and you won’t keep getting quoted on them.

• Like 5

What game you clown! You just made a clear statement that players should be judged on what they do in the shirt and NOTHING else. I’m providing a different viewpoint and making you look silly (again). 

So can I confirm that your viewpoint isn’t as stated above and that it’s not just about what the players do in the shirt that counts (as Adam Johnson is a very good player obviously).

You like to throw your opinion out as fact and can’t handle it when someone proves you wrong. 

My viewpoint is that players should be judged on the whole package. Missing 3 lots of community service doesn’t send out a great message. I would like to think that Tony has had a word and reminded him that he is our talisman and looked up to by thousands. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Footballers should be judged on their performances and nothing else’

Ergo you wouldn’t have an issue signing Johnson as he wasn’t judged on his football but something else entirely. You said it chaddy, no clever arsery needed. Stop saying daft things and you won’t keep getting quoted on them.

Johnson is very extreme case Matt. My comments were simple but some posters like to be clever ass and go to extreme. Johnson was sentence to 6 years so when he come out he would be 35/36 so very extreme example. But typical of Ricky. My last comment on Adam Johnson or Ricky aswell

5 minutes ago, Ricky said:

What game you clown! You just made a clear statement that players should be judged on what they do in the shirt and NOTHING else. I’m providing a different viewpoint and making you look silly (again). 

So can I confirm that your viewpoint isn’t as stated above and that it’s not just about what the players do in the shirt that counts (as Adam Johnson is a very good player obviously).

You like to throw your opinion out as fact and can’t handle it when someone proves you wrong. 

My viewpoint is that players should be judged on the whole package. Missing 3 lots of community service doesn’t send out a great message. I would like to think that Tony has had a word and reminded him that he is our talisman and looked up to by thousands. 

You are always playing a game Ricky. Always have. Then you throw insults out. Now time to add you to ignore list. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Johnson is very extreme case Matt. My comments were simple but some posters like to be clever ass and go to extreme. Johnson was sentence to 6 years so when he come out he would be 35/36 so very extreme example. But typical of Ricky. My last comment on Adam Johnson or Ricky aswell

You are always playing a game Ricky. Always have. Then you throw insults out. Now time to add you to ignore list. 

Tbf chadster, don’t post in such a black and white fashion, you won’t get pulled up as much. I agree that Dack has earned his cash on the pitch and should be allowed to crack on, but to suggest that should be the case for any crime is too simplistic.

If Dack ends up in prison, id expect/want us to cancel his contract outright. 

As for the game today, truly excited if I’m honest. It feels like I haven’t been on in months!

3-1 Rovers, Dack FGS

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think my first post on this forum came around 1998-99 so I’ve done well if I’ve managed to play a 20 year game!! 

...and I've been on (and often off) for 13 and half years. Can't really call it a game though I kinda wish it was.

There would also be a case for suing Dack (as Chelsea did with Mutu but look how much they paid for him) but would the club wish to go to similar lengths? Would it even be worth it? Lot of time spent in court and if Dack's sale fee dropped how much would he be liable for in terms of present personal wealth and future earnings? Some of Chelsea's case was based upon loss of sale fees, etc as well. An open ended question but one to speculate on perhaps. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just a matter of time before you run out of posters to put on that enormous list of your's Chaddy!

Obviously you won't be reading this!

• Like 1

This is as strong a test of our mettle as the Bristol game, as Villa definitely have the players to challenge us, and they will be hurting perhaps even more than we are from their own 4-1 drubbing last time out. The key for me is if we have Dack returning to the side, and I'd also be looking for something special from the other new boys, especially Brereton. I think the first strike will be crucial for either side and hope to god that it goes our way. I don't think we have anything to fear, if we play to our strengths and potential. Let's turn the screw on the skew-nosed whinger, and send out a clear message to those who would wear claret and blue at Fortess Ewood!

Edited by WIR Second Coming
spelling

• Moderation Lead

Agree with what Stuart said about Villa at the back. Was saying the same to my Dad when I was out walking the dog. 

Their attack is strong, but a converted centre midfielder at centre half in Jedibak needs to be attacked!

Danny Graham should be sent out with the job of bullying Jedinek. Villa fans don’t rate him at the back and he’s their weak spot. He’s also been playing Tunzabe who hasn’t been comfortable at full back. We need to attack them from the off. Reckon it could be a 3-2 game.

4 hours ago, Ricky said:

Chaddy made as perfectly reasonable point so simply because it's him you took the concept to a ridiculous  level just to have a pop at him.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1